Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(06-03-2015, 09:23 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  
(06-03-2015, 09:02 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-03-2015, 08:52 AM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  Well, the poison lining leeches into some foods more than others.

Just don't ever eat canned tomatos!!!

Would the same apply to baked beans? I love organic baked beans. Is it an acid thing Sad
They are the only canned foods I eat..

Yes, it has to do with the acidity of tomatoes.

http://healyeatsreal.com/why-you-should-...-tomatoes/

No, baked beans aren't as bad for you, and they are gooooodddd. I don't blame you for eating them. It's not like you can get them in jars or fresh like you can with tomatoes.

Oh cool. K thanks for the heads up. We rarely find tins without the linings over here too. There are some with non toxic linings but F all.
Might be time to start looking into making my own baked beans lol but again with the "everything is supplied in bloody cans". I might have to get creative Smile

That's BPA (Bisphenol A).....

It's used in can linings and plastics. You can look for BPA free products, which is difficult but not impossible. Try a Red/Apple wine vinegar detox, 2-3 tablespoon added to water for at least 30 days.

Quote:BPA closely mimics the structure and function of the hormone estradiol with the ability to bind to and activate the same estrogen receptor as the natural hormone.

(06-03-2015, 07:29 PM)Lotus Wrote:  That's BPA (Bisphenol A).....

It's used in can linings and plastics. You can look for BPA free products, which is difficult but not impossible. Try a Red/Apple wine vinegar detox, 2-3 tablespoon added to water for at least 30 days.

Quote:BPA closely mimics the structure and function of the hormone estradiol with the ability to bind to and activate the same estrogen receptor as the natural hormone.
Ah hence its ability to increase the risk of BC. That's why naturopathic women physicians say they don't touch anything in a can. I suppose to be fair real food isn't sourced from a can anyway.

(06-03-2015, 07:35 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

Ah hence its ability to increase the risk of BC. That's why naturopathic women physicians say they don't touch anything in a can. I suppose to be fair real food isn't sourced from a can anyway.

Absolutely, endocrine disrupters are no joke, the list of xeno's are endless, you remember the Paraben thread from a while back?, check out this info:

Parabens are estrogen mimickers (agonists), with the potency of the response being related to the chemical structure (Darbre, 2008). Parabens can bind to the cellular estrogen receptor (Routledge, 1998). They also increase the expression of many genes that are usually regulated by the natural estrogen estradiol and cause human breast tumor cells (MCF-7 cells) to grow and proliferate in vitro (Byford, 2002; Pugazhendhi, 2007). Nevertheless, parabens as a class do not fully mimic estradiol as regards these changes in cellular gene expression, nor are the effects of all parabens identical (Sadler, 2009).

Parabens
http://www.breastcancerfund.org/clear-sc...abens.html

40 Women With Breast Cancer Had Parabens in Their Tissues
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...ients.aspx#!

(06-03-2015, 07:35 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  

When I read that I immediately thought of Xanth....

Sadly this isn't Xanth.

~E

P.S. For those of you NOT familiar with Xanth... it's a HUGE series fantasy fiction of books by Piers Anthony.. plenty of laughs all the way around.

Site is acting weird, my post before this one in this thread isn't showing up for me.....

~E

(06-03-2015, 11:17 PM)ElainMoria Wrote:  Site is acting weird, my post before this one in this thread isn't showing up for me.....

~E

Same problem. And email I get advising of a new post to this thread does not link to this thread. Rather, the link brings me to a page that says this link does not exist.

(07-03-2015, 11:47 AM)spanky Wrote:  
(06-03-2015, 11:17 PM)ElainMoria Wrote:  Site is acting weird, my post before this one in this thread isn't showing up for me.....

~E

Same problem. And email I get advising of a new post to this thread does not link to this thread. Rather, the link brings me to a page that says this link does not exist.
I had issues yesterday too. Notifications of new posts in a thread but it kept taking me back to an old post. Seems ok this morning so far. Touch wood..

I think I know what happened, the healthy fats thread was merged with this one which deleted the previous location and contents. The merging made sense from the standpoint I was posting much of the same content. Now material can be referenced from the same thread, sorry for the glitches.

Lets gang up on Lotus, and give him a spanking. Second thought, he MIGHT consider that a reward??? LOLRolleyes

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon