Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Manue's Transition Logbook

Manue, congrats on all the validation!  Best of luck with the new job.  And you look great, as always!

Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. It's been a while since I've shared updates on this board, and much has happened in my life—career advancements, ongoing research, and personal developments. One notable career milestone is my foray into the realm of academia. I've recently begun teaching, a role that allows me to impart my knowledge and insights to the next generation, which has been incredibly fulfilling.

But there is a particular moment of revelation I wish to share, which has greatly amplified my self-confidence. I disclosed my birth sex to a friend named Helene, a former coworker who had only known me in my current identity. Her response was enlightening: "No, when I talk to you, I talk to a woman, not a man!" Furthermore, she confirmed that none of our mutual colleagues ever suspected that I was a man. In fact, my appearance had been discussed once in my absence, but the conversation never concluded that I'm a man—people tended to assume I was simply of non-Caucasian descent. This realization has fueled my self-confidence to unprecedented heights.

I share this story to inspire those of you who may be on a similar path. While external validation should not be the sole pillar of one's confidence, it can sometimes serve as a transformative catalyst. This revelation continues to empower me as I navigate the complex terrains of my personal and professional life.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and hearing your updates.

Warm regards,

I recently had a delightful time experimenting with makeup; it's not something I indulge in often, so it was quite the adventure, especially with the festive season just around the corner. My sister has become my cherished companion in fashion of late, offering her eye for style as we curated the perfect ensembles for the upcoming holiday celebrations. For the first time, I'm considering donning a dress for these events. It's a wonderful fit, so why shouldn't I? I'm quite looking forward to capturing some lovely photographs. As I crossed the two-year mark on this journey, it certainly merits a moment of reflection and a celebratory update.

[attachment=20929]

Wow, you pass 100%.

Lovely picture Manue!

If you feel comfortable wearing a dress, I think you should definitely wear one than!  Big Grin

Gorgeous!

Go, girl, go!  You look fantastic.  And best yet, we can all see how happy you are!

@ Manue,
Beautiful Heart

Says to the dress --you have a very pretty face --great makeup  Heart

(31-10-2023, 08:07 PM)Carlana Wrote:  

Wow, you pass 100%.

Your keen eye is much appreciated, Carlana! It's been quite some time since anyone has mistakenly addressed me as 'sir', not since January, in fact. It leaves me pondering whether the reactions I encounter are out of politeness or genuine perception. Self-assessment can be challenging for me in this regard. There's a distinct dissonance when I hear my unmodified voice, as if it belongs to someone else, not the person I see in the mirror or who stands before my family. It's quite jarring. On a brighter note, I've found that dresses and lighter attire seem to naturally suit me, serving as affirming indicators of my journey. Additionally, my interactions often spark curiosity; people tend to assume I'm not from around here, perhaps intrigued by my origin. And my French, infused with a touch of English, only adds to that intrigue.

(31-10-2023, 08:48 PM)flamesabers Wrote:  Lovely picture Manue!

If you feel comfortable wearing a dress, I think you should definitely wear one than!  Big Grin

(31-10-2023, 08:57 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  Gorgeous!

(31-10-2023, 10:25 PM)Eloise Wrote:  Go, girl, go!  You look fantastic.  And best yet, we can all see how happy you are!

(31-10-2023, 11:40 PM)tomi66 Wrote:  @ Manue,
Beautiful  Heart

(01-11-2023, 11:35 AM)Niaja Wrote:  Says to the dress --you have a very pretty face --great makeup  Heart

I find myself at a loss for words. Your kindness and compliments are truly heartwarming, thank you all! As a gesture of gratitude, I'd like to share a more candid photo taken straight from my phone, captured just after concluding today's lecture. While I may not be at my freshest, I believe there's a unique charm to this unembellished moment. Makeup is a rare enhancement in my daily life, so I sincerely hope this natural look is met with equal fondness. ?

[attachment=20932]

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon