Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My Experience with Glandular type Products

(05-01-2021, 10:13 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

New member....

I purchased the last bottle of Swanson BO from Amazon in early Dec 2020.  In the meantime, I found a product that sounded similar to Swanson BO called Standard Process Ovex (Amazon).  Ovex was available but I was concerned about prion issues so I decided to try Ovex-P (OP), which is a porcine derived product.  The OP was available immediately so I ordered a bottle while I waited for the Swanson BO.

OP results:  I took a pill before bed and woke up the next morning with wood: very unusual for me, so maybe something was happening?  I had some stomach pains with the first pill and reread the instructions: take with food.  The next day I took a second pill, with food, and that night I woke up at 2 AM with hot flashes and some breast area tightness.  The major side effect was high blood pressure. On the second day my BP rose as high as 190/90.  I did some stuff to lower it immediately.

I checked the ingredients list and found nothing that would have caused the high BP except for the unknown ovarian ingredients (?).  I waited 2 days and then took one quarter of a pill for a couple of days.  My BP was slightly elevated.

My Swanson purchased finally arrived from Amazon (I stopped the OP).  Instead of the Swanson BO that I ordered, I received Swanson Multi-Glandular (MG).  It has 150 mg of ovarian and 150 mg of uterus tissues along with some other organ tissues.  I was not too happy, but took a pill anyway.  12 hours after taking the pill I had some fairly strong feelings of anxiety.  I have not had this type of feeling for 30+ years.  When I woke up the next day I felt like I had a hangover and feeling very tired.  On the positive side, I had no BP issues.

I am thinking about continuing with the OP pill in reduced dosage and see if my BP can be controlled to the point that I can take a normal dose.  I am going to have to think about the MG pills.  The anxiety feeling was not pleasant.

I would be interested to find out if anyone else has had similar experience.

TG1951

Hi Thegirl
Your doing the right thing by listening and watching your body.
Maybe you can return the BO wannabe to amazon and tell them the substitution was not agreeing with your body, and you need to return it.
Maybe PM would be a better choice for you??

Bobbi

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Messages In This Thread