Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It's over.

(20-03-2016, 06:49 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  
(19-03-2016, 06:19 PM)dcdee Wrote:  check out online prices
in house pharmacy
and
all day chemist

They are reasonable priced alternative

Second this. When I was buying from there it only cost around a buck a day I think.

Are you able to get yours at a reasonable cost over the counter now??

(19-03-2016, 01:41 AM)GamerGuy Wrote:  After all the time I've put into this, after all the money I've dumped on it, all the resources... wasted. All for nothing. It's over. I just can't do this anymore.

I went to the pharmacy to pick up my refill of estradiol today, and the lady at the counter informed me there was a "price change" on my prescription.

The cost of my HRT has DOUBLED. As if it weren't expensive enough already, Big Pharma has become even greedier. I didn't think that was even possible.

Game Over.

It's the whole drug industry. My meds for my brain tumors went from $45 for 90 days to $540 over a two year period and that's for generics. The consumers are being raped by big pharm.

(21-03-2016, 02:14 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(20-03-2016, 06:49 PM)-Tasha- Wrote:  
(19-03-2016, 06:19 PM)dcdee Wrote:  check out online prices
in house pharmacy
and
all day chemist

They are reasonable priced alternative

Second this. When I was buying from there it only cost around a buck a day I think.

Are you able to get yours at a reasonable cost over the counter now??

all day chemist was pretty reasonable i thought. With the NHS we just pay a prescription fee, which is something like £8 per prescription, so it works out around £16 per month for my E and spiro. :/

EDIT : (current dosage 200mg spiro and 4mg E per day)

Just do IM injections. The ampules from alldaychemists work out to be much cheaper than estradiol tablets.

Although it would require an Initial investment for syringes,injection needles,filter needles, alcohol pads, and bandaids.

I do a 1 ml shot every 2 weeks and my e is still a bit high. Pre-srs I did one every 10 days.

Well, you may have to do what plenty of other trans people have done. Get a 2nd job, make cut backs in your life (i.e. no cable, no more eating out). It's not easy, but changing genders isn't easy... or cheap. Basically, you gotta ask yourself how much you want it. From what you say, it sounds like it's something you really want. So, now you just gotta make changes so you can get it.

(21-03-2016, 09:57 PM)OHboobs Wrote:  Well, you may have to do what plenty of other trans people have done. Get a 2nd job, make cut backs in your life (i.e. no cable, no more eating out). It's not easy, but changing genders isn't easy... or cheap. Basically, you gotta ask yourself how much you want it. From what you say, it sounds like it's something you really want. So, now you just gotta make changes so you can get it.

This is painfully correct Sad

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my counselor, so I'll be dumping onto her all that I shared here. Lets hope she doesn't freak out too badly at the castration attempt, or my next reply will be from an institution >_<

(19-03-2016, 08:17 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  The big pharma vs insurance company argument is moot when it comes to prescription drugs anyways, as they are one and the same. Every single insurance company out there is part of a large conglomerate that includes at least one and often several other pharmaceutical companies. They usually own the only providers you're allowed to visit, for example, while using their plan. If not outright, they at least have a decent bit of controlling interest. They also frequently are in close partnership with at least one pharmaceutical producer.

When it comes to the US medical industry, the entire industry is so convolutedly cross-owned that there is NO differentiation really.

Or they get substantial kick backs! !Angry

Gamer,
Maybe you could cut the therapy sessions by one session per month...?
Don't know what you're paying, but the rates quoted here (MA) would ensure a few hundred extra in the budget...

-Dianna

(22-03-2016, 04:50 PM)iaboy Wrote:  
(19-03-2016, 08:17 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  The big pharma vs insurance company argument is moot when it comes to prescription drugs anyways, as they are one and the same. Every single insurance company out there is part of a large conglomerate that includes at least one and often several other pharmaceutical companies. They usually own the only providers you're allowed to visit, for example, while using their plan. If not outright, they at least have a decent bit of controlling interest. They also frequently are in close partnership with at least one pharmaceutical producer.

When it comes to the US medical industry, the entire industry is so convolutedly cross-owned that there is NO differentiation really.

Or they get substantial kick backs! !Angry

Cross-ownership, kickbacks, and - KEY ITEM - the regulators and the industry have a revolving-door relationship.
Leave the FDA, work as a lobbyist for the industry, or IN the industry.
Then go back and write more laws for the industry. Rinse and repeat.

The one thing Bernie is correct on, the system is set up to screw us. But he wouldn't change it for the world. He's been sucking the government's breast since he was born. (First job at 40 - in government. Prior to that, lived off welfare. Since the election, lived on welfare of a different name.)

Further, the whole purpose of these beasts is profit. We're expendable, and the costs of lawsuits are figured into the game / risk analysis. They have drugs on the shelves right now - so that the next one will be patented and marketed as the next "miracle drug" as soon as the old one goes off-patent (is no longer profitable.)
And there's no money in a cure. Repeat business is what's important in allopathic medicine. And it's not new! The Yellow Emperor's treatise relates a similar enough story. When asked, "who is the greatest doctor in your family?" the royal physician responded, "My mother sees the food we eat, and changes the diet before we are aware. Her name does not get outside the house. My father, sees people walking down the street, senses their unease, and talks to them, makes suggestions so they do not fall ill. His name does not get off the street. My brother, he sees those who have a concern or ailment, and has liniments and supplements that cure them in a week. His name does not get out of the village. And I...? People come to me sick and twisted, and with great medicines and incantations, I drive the illness from their body, usually... And here I am."

IIRC, that was in the BC range...
The human animal hasn't changed.

-Dianna

Sarah, good to see you. We've missed you.
Hugs,
Erin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon