Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

It's over.

check out online prices
in house pharmacy
and
all day chemist

They are reasonable priced alternative

My insurance company (and just about every other one I've looked into) REFUSES to cover any percentage of the costs of any medications that are being used for MtF transitioning. When I next see my endocrinologist, I'm going to talk to him about any other reasons the medications can be prescribed for as a loophole to get around the fact that the insurance company discriminates against TGs

Anyways the point is that I'm paying out of pocket entirely, so it's not the insurance company, it's IS Big Pharma

The big pharma vs insurance company argument is moot when it comes to prescription drugs anyways, as they are one and the same. Every single insurance company out there is part of a large conglomerate that includes at least one and often several other pharmaceutical companies. They usually own the only providers you're allowed to visit, for example, while using their plan. If not outright, they at least have a decent bit of controlling interest. They also frequently are in close partnership with at least one pharmaceutical producer.

When it comes to the US medical industry, the entire industry is so convolutedly cross-owned that there is NO differentiation really.

Off the top of my head...
Bicalutamide - stomach acid
Spirotone - blood pressure
Finasteride/dutasteride - prostate issues
Estrogen - prostate cancer

Others might have similar uses you can leverage.
Dianna

@ Abidrew85

Makes sense. Sounds like each one has a hand in the other's pocket Dodgy

@Dianna1395

I'm currently taking Cimetidine (Acid reducer) for the purpose of blocking testosterone.
I could try getting on Finasteride for the purpose of stopping hair loss, which I have lightly due to hypothyroidism, but since I'm on thyroid meds already, IDK if I can get it for that purpose.
Estrogen is the one I really want to figure out how to get in a way that insurance will cover it.

I don't have any prostate issues and my blood pressure is in the normal range.

(19-03-2016, 06:19 PM)dcdee Wrote:  check out online prices
in house pharmacy
and
all day chemist

They are reasonable priced alternative

Second this. When I was buying from there it only cost around a buck a day I think.

I'm fighting the urge to engage in self destructive behavior. This is how desperate I am getting.

I've been reading up on gruesome methods for self castration. THIS is how desperate I am getting. Lucky for me I am afraid of pain, and as we all know, pain is exponentially amplified in that specific area.

Still, I need to get these medications before I lose myself enough to try any of the methods I read about.

Oops, too late. I tried to wrap a hair tie around my testicles a few times last night in hopes I'd cut off circulation. All I did was cause surface pain and leave some ugly marks >_<

You already know what a terrible idea that is Sad are the pharmacies dcdee posted not possible? Sad

(21-03-2016, 12:19 AM)-Tasha- Wrote:  You already know what a terrible idea that is Sad are the pharmacies dcdee posted not possible? Sad

Yes, it was a horrible idea Sad

I did check the websites dcdee posted, and the prices there are about the same, and in some cases higher than what I am already being expected to pay.

Gamer,
I'd point out that self-castration can easily lead to death.
That doesn't help things any, really. ;-)

It's better to look into long-term solutions. If you are OK with castration (as opposed to chemical castration), I'd suggest looking at the Eunuch forum. (Don't have a link, sorry. Simple Google should get you there; they have means listed for destroying the testicles. Saline or alcohol injection, I think.)

There is also the option of veterinary medicines, I can't talk to the efficacy of that, nor the risks.

Cyproterone Acetate, BTW, though crushingly expensive, also knocks the 'nads offline ASAP. Like, a week. Doesn't KEEP them down and out, but it'll get you the peace of mind you want. (and since CA isn't prescribable in the USA, you'd be going the online route anyway.)

I'd suggest some alcohol, ingested orally, with some good music, and maybe some youtube hypnos to help deal with the stresses. Maybe meditation, too. And lots of spearmint tea at least, it should be cheaper than pills. (I'd also suggest Tazo Zen tea, has lemongrass and green tea as well as spearmint.) The objective is to make sure you can endure until you "doctor shop" and find someone who WILL prescribe the necessary meds. Hopefully you have that option...

-Dianna

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon