Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

regretting for life after using Saw Palmetto

Wow sounds likwe he's in a fix.
Doesn't anyone on NBE run this risk though?
or am I just getting confused by all the various T, DHT, receptor talk?

I'm just taking straight pM to get some budding breasts, also starting the Reishii this weekend. Def not doing any SP!

(19-09-2014, 03:49 PM)elainecd Wrote:  Wow sounds likwe he's in a fix.

I'm just taking straight pM to get some budding breasts, also starting the Reishii this weekend. Def not doing any SP!

Yes, NBE herbs can do this to anyone with a male body, but this is also a possible effect of using prescription meds for baldness which is why he was taking SP. I took SP for years with no such problems.

I now have all the same problems as the OP, but mine are from Effexor, which I took for about 18 months, but haven't used for nearly 8 years. In fact, I take nothing and just live with my depression because I know it is almost always from my feelings of being trapped in a bad situation and lessens when the situation improves. Reality is I'm not "trapped," I just find the alternatives to be even worse, i.e., bad employment situation vs. unemployment and knowing it takes me years of job hunting to find the next bad employment situation.

While I also now have low T, I can't seem to get treated because my provider won't take the extra step of calling a toll-free number to get prior authorization for prescription T, and I refuse to pay $115 every 10 weeks when my cost will be about 1/10 of that after insurance. Honestly, I can't get the doctors to listen, but I believe my problem is dopamine related. The only way to know for sure is a fMRI of my brain, and I seriously doubt my insurance will pay for that.

I have done MRI and CT scan drs did not find any thing. Problem is
1-body doesn't respond to T as it is supposed to.
I just want to have normal life. I just want my aches, pains,fatigue and weakness go. I can laugh normally, can sleep normally, can enjoy food normally.I don't wish this situation even for my worst enemy. Only sometimes I feel slightly better then again I fall in deep well.

(19-09-2014, 04:43 PM)MonikaT Wrote:  
(19-09-2014, 03:49 PM)elainecd Wrote:  Wow sounds likwe he's in a fix.

Yes, NBE herbs can do this to anyone with a male body, but this is also a possible effect of using prescription meds for baldness which is why he was taking SP. I took SP for years with no such problems.

I now have all the same problems as the OP, but mine are from Effexor, which I took for about 18 months, but haven't used for nearly 8 years. In fact, I take nothing and just live with my depression because I know it is almost always from my feelings of being trapped in a bad situation and lessens when the situation improves. Reality is I'm not "trapped," I just find the alternatives to be even worse, i.e., bad employment situation vs. unemployment and knowing it takes me years of job hunting to find the next bad employment situation.

While I also now have low T, I can't seem to get treated because my provider won't take the extra step of calling a toll-free number to get prior authorization for prescription T, and I refuse to pay $115 every 10 weeks when my cost will be about 1/10 of that after insurance. Honestly, I can't get the doctors to listen, but I believe my problem is dopamine related. The only way to know for sure is a fMRI of my brain, and I seriously doubt my insurance will pay for that.
Testing for dopamine and prolactin isn't that hard; might be in the low hundreds of dollars but not an MRI. And didn't I talk to you before and suggest a weaker extract of mucuna pruriens? What happened with that? Still problematic? Or something even milder is vitex to lower prolactin and raise dopamine. Or get off the nbe herbs and eat bran, sunchokes and oysters so the body can self correct. But that's the tradeoff with feminizing. Some can partly manage for even a year but eventually it hurts your male function.

Btw anything that raises prolactin lowers dopamine and vis versa.

(20-09-2014, 02:25 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  Testing for dopamine and prolactin isn't that hard; might be in the low hundreds of dollars but not an MRI. And didn't I talk to you before and suggest a weaker extract of mucuna pruriens? What happened with that? Still problematic? Or something even milder is vitex to lower prolactin and raise dopamine. Or get off the nbe herbs and eat bran, sunchokes and oysters so the body can self correct. But that's the tradeoff with feminizing. Some can partly manage for even a year but eventually it hurts your male function.

Btw anything that raises prolactin lowers dopamine and vis versa.
Yes, we've spoken in the past. I never bothered with a weaker form of mucuna pruriens. Anything that increases dopamine also can raise blood pressure, and mine is high to begin with. A couple years ago, a doctor did check my prolactin levels (well within normal) trying to determine why I had all the symptoms of low T, but my total T was 390. The fact I have higher SHBG and low free T was lost on him. My sexual function issues long pre-date my venture into NBE. I can definitely empathize with the OP. I have tried vitex with no improvement.

Raising dopamine might not be of benefit if the receptors are blocked, which could be the case.

Ic. I think panax ginseng extract might be helpful for response to dopamine. At least according to a couple studies I read. Or that might also be some kind of deficiency. If you check my old threads there is one on nutrition with a list of generally healthy foods.

The other option is to reduce estrogen and that's the tradeoff. Ya you can have issues without it but it does make things worse. Or maybe block it in the hypothalamus. You ever try 100:1 tongkat ali?

I don't mean to sidetrack too much but it may also help the op.

Is SP the only thing you took for hair loss? Did you possibly also take finasteride (Proscarl, Propecia) or dutasteride (Avodart)?

I ask because this sounds a lot like post-finasteride syndrome. I won't post a link as I have no idea which sites talking about this are legit and which are not - but a web search on that term will tell you more. A few of them mention SP in this context as well. The common points seem to be both low T production and insensitivity to T.

Giving it a name won't help, but it might lead you to a web site or an organization that can help you find a doctor who is aware of this and up on the latest ideas.

yes only saw palmetto. I never took Fin or Dutasteride as these meds come with dr's prescription.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon