Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

A really ugly thing

(25-04-2014, 01:33 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  What we often forget is that many of us tried very hard at some point in our lives to rid ourselves of our feminine identity sense. We were made to feel ashamed of it, and to reject it at every turn. We forced ourselves to embrace the male role, to be manly, to be aggressive, to harden our feelings, to be leaders, etc. We were influenced to believe that we could be the men we were expected to be, and many of us made every attempt to live up to that expectation. We joined the sports teams, we forced ourselves to socialize with other men, we joined the military, we married and had children. We tried to do what we were told over and over again was our obligation as biological males, to overcome our in-born personalities through denial and discipline. But, what was the result? Too often it was mental anguish, anxiety, self-hate, depression, in short, gender dysphoria. Many of us learned to cope with the dysphoria, but it often resulted in distorted sexual behavior that had to be kept secret out of shame and guilt and fear of discovery. Do we deserve to be humiliated, hated, condemned for something that we can do nothing about?

Many of us bi-gendered eventually came to understand our feminine sides and learned that there is no denying its expression. We've come to understand ourselves and accept our true subconscious natures. We long for acceptance by our wives, children, relatives, friends and society in general.

Is that perversion? Maybe in some cases, but to cast all of us as perverts is a gross injustice. It's true that we cannot force our mates to accept us for who we really are after we projected a different appearance for so long, but neither can we be forced to continue to deny who we are after learning the truth and wanting a few years of fulfillment in our true gender identities. Nor can we expect our spouses to automatically accept us for who we really are when it is incompatible with who they really are.

There is no absolute right or wrong here. There needs to be love, understanding, tolerance, and patience.

Clara Smile

I am just telling you from a genetic woman's perspective of the expression and what I have seen posted on that site (not about being bi-gendered in the heart or mind). It is a collective observation and an honest opinion when putting myself hypothetically in that situation.

Gross injustice? Okay, I see either I was not clear enough in my post or your emotions got a bit in the way here. As far as "casted," I am not saying all, I'm saying many. Also, a CD on that forum has casted you all as a majority as worse, a narcissist!

Everyone's reasoning for the need of feminine expression is different, so who knows but that person, being on that opposite end as a wife, its an enigma.

Tibetan....thanks for adding to the discussion. Some of what you say I agree with. Other parts... well, not surprisingly, I do not. Let me explain.
First, I admit I said some things earlier out of a knee jerk reaction. I have seen so very much pain and loneliness in so many girls who have struggled with this issue for years and indeed from many who are still struggling. I find am automatically prone to protective behavior of them when I feel an unjust attack.
Human, I suppose.
But, the nature of much of the anger and bile on that site, is for me, while possibly understandable, none the less something I find sad, immature and extremely distasteful.

It was pointed out earlier in this thread that there are crossdressing males who are absolute scum.
True enough.
There are also people of all stripes and genders who meet that description.

And there are those who are possessed of a sexual fetish for crossdressing.
Fair enough. I am less concerned with them, though I stipulate that they need some level of human forgiveness as well

I am, however, concerned with those for whom the primary condition is one of Gender Dysphoria.

No, I do not, as some have said, imply this is something wrong with them that needs to be fixed.

They simply are what they are in most cases, and most were formed that way to one degree or another from a very early stage. It has been discussed in other threads that various factors are potentially responsible for this, including, not least, the treatment with certain drugs of pregnant mothers during fetal gestation. Drugs that were intended to prevent miscarriage but had the affect, being heavily laced with Estrogen, of altering standard differentiation of gender in the developing infant brains.

Regardless, it has been established that many (and the number seems to be growing as more and more come forward with the advent of the communication now possible through the internet) are simply Gender Dysphoric to one degree or another.

Some are so to an extreme degree. These are the ones that simply “know”, from the earliest age, that their physical form, and the expected gender role that accompanies that form in society, is simply wrong.

For generations, I expect, individuals like this lived lives of unexplained and merciless misery in the days before gender therapy, HRT and SRS made possible the transition to a form that allowed them to at least enjoy some measure of authenticity in being.

But for every one like that, there are countless others for whom the dysphoria is at some other level, from mild to near severe, but for them it is no less real. The difficulty for them, is in being able to recognize the situation (no easy feat in itself sometimes) and learn to honestly approach dealing with it.
Men, from the time they are born, are taught by a binary society the ways in which “men” are supposed to act and dress, what they are supposed to like and dislike. For the Gender Dysphoric male, this is extremely problematic. Often they do not even begin to understand why they do not feel comfortable with or able to “fit in” with others of their gender . They often become detached or solitary, or develop anxieties they cannot explain to themselves. Many become loners, seeking peace in lonely solitude. Others, seeking answers in the wrong places, may wrongly assume they are homosexual. Some actually are or force themselves to become so.
It is a complicated situation made so mainly by a binary society that makes no provision for the fact that it is not a binary world when it comes to gender. Physically, perhaps, but certainly not psychologically. Perhaps it once was? I don't know. But it is no longer.

Perhaps, evolution, both genetically and sociologically, that once found benefit in a defined binary relationship between genders, what with needs for warriors and hunters, nurturers and caregivers, no longer, in the developing world, sees the same benefit? Occupations and social change are slowly eliminating the need, in may ways, for such a binary to exist. When many and perhaps most modern occupations can be accomplished with equal aplomb by any person of ability, regardless of gender, are such distinctions any longer necessary from the perspective of propagation and survival? Hardly.

Regardless. The “why” of how people become Gender Dysphoric is irrelevant. The practicality in a rigidly binary society is not. Ideally, we would live in a world where strict gender roles were forgotten and children were allowed to develop freely, unencumbered by societally imposed preconditions. And where life would involve no prejudicial and mocking stereotyping, because such stereotypes would not exist. There would be still your “manly men” and your “feminine women”, but there would also be, quite naturally, every possible variant in between, all coexisting quite freely and happily together.

But this, of course, is a fairy tale (no pun or slur intended).

For whatever reason, it is human nature to look for scape goats.... people to whom we may feel superior as a way to bolster our own frail egos. Racism and homophobia, and the accompanying slurs and hateful ridicule, are all the result of this unfortunate and reprehensible condition. Prejudice against males with the need to express a feminine side in order to meet the demands of internal gender division fall prey to this in a doubled or even tripled manner. On one hand, they are perceived and ridiculed for wanting to express a very real portion of themselves. Then they are further encouraged, nay almost required to deny that side. And finally they are ridiculed as weak (the biggest sin of all.... I say, voice dripping with sarcasm), when they cannot find a way to adequately face such pressure and overcome the societal conditioning. And, heaven forbid some might display even greater “weakness” by seeking assistance from trained and professional therapists, not to fix the dysphoria, but in order to help them overcome the imposed and misplaced feelings of shame and guilt.

Thankfully, the internet has made it far easier for young people today to quickly learn that they are not alone, that they are not broken, and that the problem lies with society and not in themselves. But for many of an older generation this was not possible. The solitude of feeling as though they were possessed by some horrible affliction, as society encouraged, no, demanded they believe, forced most into psychological prisons of guilt and shame. It may be difficult for those of a more recent generation to understand, as so many changes have occurred in this regard in recent years, and so many resources have become available now, but for the older ones among us, those years of childhood and early development were sheer hell. They forced many psychological denials that ran extremely deeply into the minds of many. Those conditions formed minds that sought to conform and caused marriages, enlistments in the military, choices of occupations, all designed to try to compensate for a missing masculinity. Learning to accept that the dysphoria would never go away, and that, indeed it would grow stronger with time and despite all strident efforts to deny it and repress it, dealt a heavy blow to many and placed them in situations from which there was no easy and no palatable way out. Marriages, children, responsibilities, piled one atop another in earnest original attempts to deny the truth and meet societal expectations...efforts made with the purest of motives ie. To “cure” themselves of that which society told them was sinful, perverted and shameful... made admitting to anyone... a spouse, a child even themselves... an act of almost impossibility to face. And when these individuals finally reach a breaking point, where the choice is no longer between happiness and misery but between sanity and madness or death, and finally find the courage and bravery to come forward and stand before society, whether it be the entire world or just a supposedly loving spouse and tearfully acknowledge and confess the shame and pain they have endured for simply hiding how they were made... well, is it any wonder that there is pain in being ridiculed further by the very person they love the most and to whom they have made themselves most vulnerable?
Honesty is easy to preach, but very often in this case a very difficult goal to attain. Such is the pressure involved
There is nothing unnatural about being the person you were born to be. And there should be no shame in accepting that. But it is far from easy to accept. In light of how the deck is stacked against them in this society, is it any wonder it takes so many so long to finally be honest not only with the world, but even with themselves?

Now a word about “perversion”. Though I can understand the words you speak quite clearly, I disagree with you wholeheartedly. When the physical body in which one finds oneself is not the one that matches your identity, coming to terms with that dichotomy forces some radical behavior. Genetic women do not “need” to manifest themselves in clothing or makeup in order to feel a woman. The basic container does that for them automatically. A Gender Dysphoric male enjoys no such luxury and must compensate for the lack or original manufacturer equipment in other ways. Hence the desire to go to greater and greater lengths to “feel” more like the person they feel to be inside. Rejecting that as “perverted” is simply a failure to fully understand the condition of Gender Dysphoria and to further the wrong headed idea that there is something “wrong” with those who have a GID. Sorry, but that is true.
And, even so, many GG's still enjoy the feminine touches of makeup, nice clothing and adornments. They find it fun to be pretty. Why should bio males, with partially feminine identities, deny themselves the same pleasure, especially when it quells the dysphoria?
Unless you accept that the binary nature of gender definement is “natural” and the only “right” way for things to be (based on what “perverted misunderstanding I cannot see, nor do I accept), then simply stating that the act of bio males aspiring to femininity is somehow an act perverting the feminine identity is just ridiculous. If there is no binary in reality but only one imposed by society, then what “right” do genetically born women have to exercise proprietary rights over “feminine” dress or mannerism?
None, I would assert.
And in light of copious and clinically proven evidence that GID and its accompanying anxiety are undeniably real, your statement that “Its simply unnecessary for a genetic male to express these type of habits in order to be fulfilled” is patently absurd. GID males express through crossdressing, HRT, and SRS as the only means possible to find peace.
And here is where I found most trouble with the comments on the other forum. Time after time I encountered the attitude that crossdressing and other acts of that ilk were a “habit” or worse still “a hobby” as though are talking about a mildly amusing pursuit like stamp collecting, or bowling instead of, as it truly is, an acknowledgement that it is this expression or some form,mild or otherwise, of insanity. This is not a hobby. This is reality. This is survival, plain and simple.

To come to a final point ( I hope), I do very well understand the mental gymnastics GID males go thru to deny to themselves (and others) the truth about themselves. The mind will go to great lengths to deny painful truths. But crossdressing GID males hold no patent on poorly formed ability when it coms to truly healthy thinking and emotional truth. Most people walking around this world, and with no differentiation between genders, have some form of mental health issue to one degree or another, however slight. No one is perfect. We are all human.
I further understand that the revelation of these pieces of unfortunate dishonesty will have, as someone said “consequences”. I further understand that many women will not be psychologically able to deal with the revelation, for any of a multitude of reasons. We are, none of us, saints or perfect. I further understand that in many relationships other problems exist, predating this bombshell.
But I am a romantic at heart. I believe in the essential goodness of people, however twisted it may have become through dealing with suffering, bad example, untenable circumstance and/or human frailty. But I also believe that a solid marriage, no, a deep love, upon which, for my money, a solid marriage should be based, is itself about far more than physical form. The human body is not a constant. It ages and changes. It grows fat and sometimes incontinent. If a marriage is based simply on physical appearance it is doomed from the start. Rather, the love that a solid marriage is really based upon is itself rooted in so many other things... kindness, respect, generosity.... a twinkle in the eye...a smile at exactly the right moment...a sense of humor... a perfectly timed act of love now and then.... a million things... and almost all having to do not one bit with actual physical appearance, but rather with the heart and the soul within.
If that love is real, and is accompanied by the corresponding active “love as a verb” care for the spouse, then that love will care for the pain and anxiety of the other, and wish to see it alleviated. It does not mean they must actively become a part of it, or even ruin their own happiness if they cannot find it in themselves to deal with it. But to actively turn away from understanding and instead hurl hatred and bile.... I am sorry but that is not “love” in my book. Walking away is OK, I get that. Walking away while hurling insults and bigotry? Not so much.

On the other hand, perhaps forgiving these women for being too “weak” to support the “weakness” of their husbands … is just as important. Mea culpa. Sorry.

We are none of us perfect, after all. It is human to have weakness. It is human to make mistakes.

It is graceful to accept that.

It is divine to forgive.

Sammie, and your masculine other part,

That to me is quite the most impressive posting that I have encountered on this board, and I go along with it almost completely. You have expressed so well many of the things that I have tried to say or have wanted to say. The only slight reservation I have is that I do not actually see you as disagreeing with Tibetan. Being the 'Why and Wherefore' type of person that I am, I think she has done us a valuable service in pointing out the reasons why wives may have real difficulties in coping with their husbands' CD and explaining, not I think excusing, their behaviour in some cases.

I think your posting may have had a particularly powerful effect on me because I read it immediately after spending part of a broken night reading 'Annabel' by Kathleen Winters. I am finding this a fascinating book, beautifully written, and far too good to hurry through, so I am less than quarter of the way through so far. It deals very perceptively with some of the same issues, but as part of a much broader canvas, and with great respect and understanding of her characters of all genders. I was also powerfully affected by the You Tube link in another recent thread of yours which I feel may have also influenced your own posting. I found it much more influential than another You Tube link in a different fairly recent thread, which however sincere came across to me as just too poised and perfect a performance with nothing for those uncertain of their gender orientation.

I have to admit that I have not tried to visit the 'ugly' site. I don't have much time for those that deliberately seek to produce such apparently polarized view points. Another comparable example is abortion debates which effectively seek to exclude all viewpoints except those of the extreme pro-lifers and extreme pro-choicers. These things are never that simple.

I agree thats possibly some of the best writing on the subject Ive ever read anywhere... Brought me to tears reading it, so much applies to me....

Annie,
I completely agree with your sentiments about Tibetan's and Sammie's postings. Everyone should read Sammie's post, and if it were possible, make it a 'sticky'. It is just so heartfelt and loaded with information that all the world should come to understand. I, too, felt that Tibetan was describing what she thought the attitudes of the women on the ugly website were, not her own feelings. In my response, I didn't mean to imply that she shared those attitudes. It was really meant to counter those attitudes with a dose of reality.

Sammie's video posting was right in line with her wonderful posting above. My appreciation for what TGs go through in trying to find acceptance from without, as well as from within, has growth with each passing month. Maybe it's because I'm learning more and more about the depth of my own TG nature, and the need to find ways to integrate it into my daily life. It's hard to partition one's life into both male and female gender roles. Eventually, I'll have to decide which is most important for my overall peace of mind and overall well being.

BTW, I just received my copy of 'Annabel' in the mail and will begin to read it soon. I'm happy to hear that you love the work so far, and want to thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Clara Smile

(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Perversion- Anything can be perverted, including non sexual things like death, pain, eating, etc. And in this case, its the perversity the female identity. For many women, its hard enough to keep up, we'd like to think we are fulfilling this role just fine in a relationship, whether its our nurturing qualities, giving life, being the female that is in need and supporting her her male companion, staying in our attractive prime as long as possible. Feeling sexy and feminine is just a small portion of what a real woman truly is.

I totally disagree with this statement. Perversion is most often associated with sexual behaviour that is considered particularly abnormal, repulsive or obsessive. Perversion is open to often one sided interpretation and is normally used as a derogatory term. Nothing in my need to feminise is anything to do with sex. I have a mismatch in my gender identity. Genetic male but mentally mostly female.

(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  If many of us women that are fulfilling the wife role, feel desired, yet naturally feminine by the attention of our companions alone; without expressing materialistic feminine habits, then why should any man feel they need to express materialistic feminine habits when they have their attentive companions beside them?

I don't feel the need to "express materialistic feminine habits". I want to change my outward appearance to better match my identity.

(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  These habits of material expression are cross-dressing in lingerie, expressing the female identity on the outside -cosmetics, wardrobe, hair, nails, going the extra mile to alter the voice, posture, mannerisms, things you may not have naturally expressed during or before the marriage, or even in your youth. This is where the female identity becomes perverted.

But in my mind these things should be normality and a matter of choice. It's putting cloths on and make choices on your appearance. It's what you do every morning when you wake up or when you get ready to leave the house.

What most made me sickened by the site was the "destroy him in every possible way" attitude.

Denita

(25-04-2014, 06:34 PM)Denita Wrote:  
(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Perversion- Anything can be perverted, including non sexual things like death, pain, eating, etc. And in this case, its the perversity the female identity. For many women, its hard enough to keep up, we'd like to think we are fulfilling this role just fine in a relationship, whether its our nurturing qualities, giving life, being the female that is in need and supporting her her male companion, staying in our attractive prime as long as possible. Feeling sexy and feminine is just a small portion of what a real woman truly is.

I totally disagree with this statement. Perversion is most often associated with sexual behavior that is considered particularly abnormal, repulsive or obsessive. Perversion is open to often one sided interpretation and is normally used as a derogatory term. Nothing in my need to feminize is anything to do with sex. I have a mismatch in my gender identity. Genetic male but mentally mostly female.

Oh, of course you do, the way you took it. You did not understand what I was saying, maybe it wasn't clear enough on my part. As I mentioned, anything can be perverted and even being in a non sexual way. I already know that its not always a sexual thing with CD.

per·vert
verb
pərˈvərt/
alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.
"he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice"
synonyms: distort, corrupt, subvert, twist, bend, abuse, misapply, misuse, misrepresent, misinterpret, falsify More

That was what I was saying, perversion of the female identity. I never mentioned doing CD strictly it out of a sexual need.

(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  If many of us women that are fulfilling the wife role, feel desired, yet naturally feminine by the attention of our companions alone; without expressing materialistic feminine habits, then why should any man feel they need to express materialistic feminine habits when they have their attentive companions beside them?

I don't feel the need to "express materialistic feminine habits". I want to change my outward appearance to better match my identity.

But that's the thing what is that to you? And what exactly do you wish to accomplish with your appearance? Is it just pure enjoyment on your part? Or is it how the world views you? And if so, do you wish to be seen as a man to be femmed up abit? Is there a desire to pass as a female and to be treated as a lady at times? There is a reason that you want to show it (if its out in public). Now if its only intimate, whole notha story.

(24-04-2014, 10:24 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  These habits of material expression are cross-dressing in lingerie, expressing the female identity on the outside -cosmetics, wardrobe, hair, nails, going the extra mile to alter the voice, posture, mannerisms, things you may not have naturally expressed during or before the marriage, or even in your youth. This is where the female identity becomes perverted.

But in my mind these things should be normality and a matter of choice. It's putting cloths on and make choices on your appearance. It's what you do every morning when you wake up or when you get ready to leave the house.

What most made me sickened by the site was the "destroy him in every possible way" attitude.

Denita

Look, I find men sexy in a little eyeliner and long flowing hair so that is no issue, clean shaven. Have I ever mentioned, I LOVE and am obsessed with the Hairspray Rock Era of the late 70's and 80's! Tight pants, makeup, hair, you bring it, Ill live a fantasy, but these rockers were still men, sexy and masculine enough.

Back to fem expression whys. so that's great and all, but I don't want to have to treat him like a man would treat a woman. Its how he wears it, if he wears makeup and clothing in desires to be treated as a woman by the world, that's where I personally find an issue if it were me having my husband beside me. Its just unnecessary. And I would never treat him like garbage, ever because he is still someone special!Now, I have never been in a CD sit, so I have no idea what I would actually do or how I would feel. Its just a hypothetical opinion.[/b]

So yes, its true on what you said, getting ready everymorning and doing your regi for your identity is normal and what everyone does.

As I have seen in the forum, the wives find their husband's CD'ing to do with dips of wanting to be seen in some way as a female, so they feel its a form of entitlement (that nature has not given them), appalling and selfish.

If you have the feminine side of your self internally, why do you have to portray it on the outside? Many wives NEED to know. If the most important ones in your life know you inside, what does it matter that you look more male on the outside?
This is what is leading me to think for some that it must have to do with how you want others to treat you, now if its only in private, I can see it would be a totally different reason , but that's just it, every one is different, there's no telling, only that person. All I see are a bunch of confused, distraught women and men fighting a part of themselves about it.

I personally love it when a man is not all macho. I hate that so much. I love a more understanding, soft hearted man. At the same time, I want to be the female in the relationship, its just the way it is for most straight women. Though I feel I have an inner male side too and find women attractive, but Nature gave me a V and with that comes pride to be female desire of my male partner.

Now this thing about matching your inner with your outer, if its entirely only for you, fine! Now if you have this idea of expressing yourself for others to accept you, you are always going to be in a world of hurt, its because if its feminizing that you are doing, you must remember how the world of most straight people will see you, and that is either male or female. How will they treat you? Like a lady? Or a man? Do you prefer to be called, sir or madam? Would it bother you if you were treated as a sir when you are out and about femmed up?Or is it just comforting to switch up a style yet have the world see that you are all male but in fashionable attire. Its diff for everyone, I know. But its you that has to figure out why you do it and why it bothers you that the world is not accepting. To be honest, I think the lesson here is compassion on both ends, the wives and husbands who CD.
I dont think you will see a change in the world in your lifetime, but maybe it will happen one day.

natures IDEAL (yes, I know of strange common happenings in nature) is either male or female for the most part and thats what the world is familiar with. I would think it'd be easier to choose a sex and go on with life (for some of you). SO many shades of gray here. But that's life. Why be miserable. Just accept that there are always going to be folks who will never get it. Also, Id spend more time finding someone who accepts me rather than trying to get my partner to understand. And we all know, you will find out real quick if its good with your partner.

@ Clara, yes, Im just gathering from what those wives are posting about.

Some weeks back I was driving into town and picked up on the radio an interview with Jesse Bering, the author of 'Perv - the sexual deviant in all of us' (I would have included a link but I couldn't get it to work properly). It was quite interesting. He started off by explaining that the broader traditional meaning of perversion had tended to be taken over by the various forms of paraphilia to which people are prone, and I remember thinking then that gender dysphoria and most of the various ways in which people with it seek to assuage or sublimate it should not be considered perversion, although I can see the argument that cross dressing - for sexual excitement rather than dysphoria relief - can and possibly should be regarded as a paraphilia (which is after all only a synonym for sexual perversion). This whole subject is as usual plagued with semantic problems. Huh

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Oh, of course you do, the way you took it. You did not understand what I was saying, maybe it wasn't clear enough on my part. As I mentioned, anything can be perverted and even being in a non sexual way. I already know that its not always a sexual thing with CD.

per·vert
verb
pərˈvərt/
alter (something) from its original course, meaning, or state to a distortion or corruption of what was first intended.
"he was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice"
synonyms: distort, corrupt, subvert, twist, bend, abuse, misapply, misuse, misrepresent, misinterpret, falsify More

That was what I was saying, perversion of the female identity. I never mentioned doing CD strictly it out of a sexual need.

OK maybe there is a miscommunication and I apologise if I took it the wrong way. The words pervert, perversion, etc are mostly used as derogatory terms.

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  But that's the thing what is that to you? And what exactly do you wish to accomplish with your appearance? Is it just pure enjoyment on your part? Or is it how the world views you? And if so, do you wish to be seen as a man to be femmed up abit? Is there a desire to pass as a female and to be treated as a lady at times? There is a reason that you want to show it (if its out in public). Now if its only intimate, whole notha story.

Me personally, I am a woman trapped in mans body and it's only lately that I have come to terms and excepted it and not fighting against it anymore. I would like to be passable if possible but who knows if I ever will and it's not most important to me. What I want to achieve is some semblance of peace and connection within myself. As it is at the moment I am conflicting opposite that are forced to share the same space. Changing my iner-self, my personality, thoughts and feelings is impossible, but I can do something about this body I have.

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Look, I find men sexy in a little eyeliner and long flowing hair so that is no issue, clean shaven. Have I ever mentioned, I LOVE and am obsessed with the Hairspray Rock Era of the late 70's and 80's! Tight pants, makeup, hair, you bring it, Ill live a fantasy, but these rockers were still men, sexy and masculine enough.

Back to fem expression whys. so that's great and all, but I don't want to have to treat him like a man would treat a woman. Its how he wears it, if he wears makeup and clothing in desires to be treated as a woman by the world, that's where I personally find an issue if it were me having my husband beside me. Its just unnecessary. And I would never treat him like garbage, ever because he is still someone special! Now, I have never been in a CD sit, so I have no idea what I would actually do or how I would feel. Its just a hypothetical opinion.

80's Rock and Metal for me. Massive GnR fan. Iron Maiden, Queen, Scorpions, Motorhead.

Yes I can understand what you mean and its difficult for me to comment. My ex excepted my need to dress as it helped settle the turmoil from my gender issue. She taught me about makeup and nail care. Not that i've used the makeup advice. I could dress female all I liked, just not in-front of her. We broke up for normal world reasons, nothing to do with gender identity.

Can I also point out that the guy might be just as confused and bemused by this change as you are. It's also shows incredible trust in your partner to open up to them and show a vulnerability on this scale.

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  As I have seen in the forum, the wives find their husband's CD'ing to do with dips of wanting to be seen in some way as a female, so they feel its a form of entitlement (that nature has not given them), appalling and selfish.

I don't have much experience of other cross dressers. Only written experiences and online blogs. I would expect there to be various reasons. I find it comforting, normal. I sometimes sit and read the paper, watch tv or do house work! Just normal life with a dress on.

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  If you have the feminine side of your self internally, why do you have to portray it on the outside? Many wives NEED to know. If the most important ones in your life know you inside, what does it matter that you look more male on the outside?
This is what is leading me to think for some that it must have to do with how you want others to treat you, now if its only in private, I can see it would be a totally different reason , but that's just it, every one is different, there's no telling, only that person. All I see are a bunch of confused, distraught women and men fighting a part of themselves about it.

I can only tell you about my point of view. The important people in my life were the people I hid it from. My farther was in the army, strong viewed, physically powerful and no nonsense. My mother was prim and proper but also disabled. At school between age 5 - 8 I was bullied off and on. From age 9 until 16 bullied every single day. By both boys and girls. Any bruises, cuts and grazes were just put down to boys being boys. I was told to stand up for myself, to face the bullies. Everyone goes through it. You can't let the side down, fight back. In my last year at school I was hospitalised 3 times. In floods of tears I begged a teacher that I trusted to help me. I was told to "Pull myself together and to just keep away from them". My father died without any idea how bad my school was. I opened up to my mother when I was about 30, told her of my school days. She said she had not realised how bad it was.
I could not tell them I was Transgender. I simply would have lost my family. In later years caring for my mother I could not say anything because of the worry, hurt and upset it would have caused her. She died last year.

(25-04-2014, 07:56 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  I personally love it when a man is not all macho. I hate that so much. I love a more understanding, soft hearted man. At the same time, I want to be the female in the relationship, its just the way it is for most straight women. Though I feel I have an inner male side too and find women attractive, but Nature gave me a V and with that comes pride to be female desire of my male partner.

Now this thing about matching your inner with your outer, if its entirely only for you, fine! Now if you have this idea of expressing yourself for others to accept you, you are always going to be in a world of hurt, its because if its feminizing that you are doing, you must remember how the world of most straight people will see you, and that is either male or female. How will they treat you? Like a lady? Or a man? Do you prefer to be called, sir or madam? Would it bother you if you were treated as a sir when you are out and about femmed up?Or is it just comforting to switch up a style yet have the world see that you are all male but in fashionable attire. Its diff for everyone, I know. But its you that has to figure out why you do it and why it bothers you that the world is not accepting. To be honest, I think the lesson here is compassion on both ends, the wives and husbands who CD.
I dont think you will see a change in the world in your lifetime, but maybe it will happen one day.

One thing and I know this sound horrible. But, why should I give a stuff what society/people thinks? I'm not hurting anyone except myself if I don't at least try to become what I feel I should be. I am single with no dependants. One family member to have a quiet chat with about things. Then I am free to build whatever future I see fit. Yes I'm a bit of a mess when it comes to self confidence. Depression and anxiety are normal for me. but I'm on a upwards curve, so depression will go and anxieties will lesson for a time. It's possible PM might even help. I'm going to continue my research, come up with my plan of action and see where it takes me.
Will I be upset by the way people address me? Probably not. How they treat me? Depends. I get upset now at intolerance, racism, sexism, bullying and good old fashioned rudeness.

I hope this helps.

Denita

Yours is a familiar story, Denita. I wish more people could understand what it's like to be transgender. It isn't the cross gender identity that causes the dysphoria, but the ignorance and prejudice of a large majority of the population, and the biases that are built into our social structures that force us to conform to a binary sex standard that just doesn't work for us. Gender identity variation is not a condition that can be easily dismissed as sexual perversion or fetish. It needs to be recognized as a legitimate human condition with the same rights as our cis brothers and sisters.

Clara Smile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon