Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PM: Bulk Powder Vs Liquid Extract?

(13-04-2014, 04:17 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  It's Sublingual IIRC

Thank for the infomation. I had read it somewhere but had not saved the reference.

Denita

(12-04-2014, 11:17 PM)Janet doe Wrote:  At a risk of asking a silly question.
How do you consume the product in powder form ??

From looking around I can see the powder / liquid options seem more cost effective than the tablets i`ve been getting.

either mix it in with something or make your own capsules with it.

(13-04-2014, 05:54 PM)Lenneth Wrote:  

From looking around I can see the powder / liquid options seem more cost effective than the tablets i`ve been getting.

Does the powder dissolve, or just become mud ?

If I mixed it with tea, would I just end up with a mess at the bottom of the cup?

(13-04-2014, 07:07 PM)Janet doe Wrote:  

If I mixed it with tea, would I just end up with a mess at the bottom of the cup?

I can't say, I have never tried that.

(13-04-2014, 07:07 PM)Janet doe Wrote:  

I'd guess that the tea might dissolve out some water soluble components, but that most would end up as mud at the bottom of the cup if allowed to settle.

(13-04-2014, 01:52 AM)Denita Wrote:  At the moment I am researching if PM is Sublingual and Buccal.

Sublingual and Buccal Medications
Certain medications are placed under the tongue (sublingual) or between the teeth and the cheek (buccal). These medications are absorbed quickly into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth and are used to relieve symptoms almost immediately.

This type of medication may also be ordered if the effects will be lessened during the digestion process. The cheek and the area under the tongue have a lot of capillaries, or tiny blood vessels. This means that the medication can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream without needing to go through your digestive system.

This means the drug is not metabolized through the liver, and thus a lower dose can be used.

Research still in progress.

Denita.

Sublingual and buccal medications are absorbed quickly into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth.

All blood is filtered through the liver.

Capsules, tablets, powders, teas, etc. have to go through the digestive tract first. Then into the blood, then to the body with eventual filtering by the liver.

BigDave

Mix it into something like yoghurt, or into a warm liquid, cold liquids don't work well. If mixed into a liquid, drink immediately as the powder will settle out.

BigDave

(16-04-2014, 05:44 AM)s67bigdave Wrote:  
(13-04-2014, 01:52 AM)Denita Wrote:  At the moment I am researching if PM is Sublingual and Buccal.

Sublingual and Buccal Medications
Certain medications are placed under the tongue (sublingual) or between the teeth and the cheek (buccal). These medications are absorbed quickly into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth and are used to relieve symptoms almost immediately.

This type of medication may also be ordered if the effects will be lessened during the digestion process. The cheek and the area under the tongue have a lot of capillaries, or tiny blood vessels. This means that the medication can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream without needing to go through your digestive system.

This means the drug is not metabolized through the liver, and thus a lower dose can be used.

Research still in progress.

Denita.

Sublingual and buccal medications are absorbed quickly into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth.

All blood is filtered through the liver.

Capsules, tablets, powders, teas, etc. have to go through the digestive tract first. Then into the blood, then to the body with eventual filtering by the liver.

BigDave

(16-03-2014, 04:43 AM)Lotus Wrote:  A) Sublingual
Certain drugs are best given beneath the tongue or retained in the cheek pouch and are absorbed from these regions into the local circulation. These vascular areas are ideal for lipid-soluble drugs that would be metabolized in the gut or liver, since the blood vessels in the mouth bypass the liver (do not undergo first pass liver metabolism), and drain directly into the systemic circulation. This route is usually reserved for nitrates and certain hormones.

Denita

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon