Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(31-01-2016, 12:29 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(29-01-2016, 07:44 PM)hannah Wrote:  hey Lotus, can you tell me what happens(in NBE,and with other hormones) when we lower shbg?

Hi Hannah,

Think of SHBG as a thermostat so to speak, it's a protein in serum that's binds testosterone, estradiol and glucose. SHBG, can also help us determine type 2 diabetes. e.g. In women, high Testoerone can indicate type 2, while in men high T isn't usually associated with type 2 diabetes or obesity, but still can happen.

Low level SHBG in women flys under the radar of low level pro-inflammatory state, and influence type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, etc.

Where we should focus is how to liberate the fat in our blood, then, this should create a larger pool of free (active hormones). This....imo can have a huge impact on all of the above.

Big Grin

Ah yeh and we liberated the fat by excercise and HIT(fasting) right? I know you told us not very long ago about the fat in fat out thing...that was it right? I will scroll back cause I kind off forgot what you told back then..
Nbe seems so tricky..its about possesing certain hormones but its not ...it really stays confusing for me at leastBlushDodgy

(30-01-2016, 05:26 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I second Hannah.. Wouldn't heightening SHBG levels be ideal for overall feminizing / breast growth? I have been trying to do some research on it and coming up short-- it seems like low level SHBG aren't so good but I feel like I am missing something.

http://www.fastbleep.com/medical-notes/e.../23/64/524

Yeh the more I learn about hormones and NBE the less I get the picture...........shbg has my attention at the moment though it feels like a street that runs dead seeing the medical conditions high SHBG can give us, also elevated Estradiol levels will cause SHBG to be high. Low shbg is associated with high androgens...I have a quote here: ''If you dial SHBG up, your free T goes down. If you dial SHBG down, your free T goes up. ''
(link: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/High_SHBG.aspx )

Hannah, it sure is confusing, but I still think the key is listening to body. POM

Hi L
Got something else for you to look into time permitting
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18630518

What do you think of thymus extract to boost immune function? Is there anything negative you can see?

Do this time permitting of course.

Thanks Hun

I know youre very popular and busy, so hope you dont mind i have yet another question..But I keep wondering and thinking how we all can be so different.. Some girls have a fat ass,others have fat as and fat boobs, then others are just plain skinny, then you have girls with absolutely no butt and legs but big breasts. Then leaving body shapes aside we also see many variations in skin and hair : acne,dryness/psoriasis, hirsutism, soft hair,dry hair, brittle and frizzy hair,baldness on the forehead,etc etc.

If we assume that all those differences are not from diet or genetics..''just assuming this for my question''. (also bc even related peope can have big differences)
Then whats making us so different? Sensitivity for certain hormones or just the excreeting from more and different hormones then others?

Thanks in advance Lotus,hope there's a good explanation for this one..seeing it really intrigues me how we can differ so much just bc off hormones..bc in the end we're all the same..the same brains the same ovaries...etc

(29-01-2016, 08:19 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  You know lotus, every time you find out something new, for some reason end up with a headache.

You mean like eating a bowl of ice cream to fast netting a brain breeze type of headache?, hell yeah then, been there too. WinkRolleyes

(29-01-2016, 08:19 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  I did have GD way before I started any herbs thou. I thought I had it under control for many years. Now, it seems that all I need is to up my "T" and chances are I will be able to manage my GD again. That's if I don't mind the rapid hair loss, and a greater risk of prostate cancer. :huh

: I kinda like we're I am at now, but I will admit the pull of transition is louder now then it ever has been.

Transition comes in different forms right?, adding a " Gender Fluid " option to our profile helps identifing those with gender variants (which are many).

I think when more physical changes occur, the pull of transition (partial to full) is greater for those who are already conflicted by it.

Dozens of past BN members start here with no intent on transition. However, it's clear that changing brain chemistry (signaling) of the hypothalamus can contribute to the process. That's what makes pressing forward exciting, (meaning finding new science).

thanks for the input jannet. Big Grin

(30-01-2016, 05:26 PM)missboobshirt Wrote:  I second Hannah.. Wouldn't heightening SHBG levels be ideal for overall feminizing / breast growth? I have been trying to do some research on it and coming up short-- it seems like low level SHBG aren't so good but I feel like I am missing something.

You ain't missing nothing missB, Wink

It's the bioavailable (active) testosterone we're concerned about, otherwise known as free T. Someone can have a high level of testosterone in their body and still have low free T, so yeah, it's complicated lol.

Knowing our SHBG/albumin scores is useful for identifying certain disease and blood proteins. Yes, higher SHBG means less T is available to interact with testosterone receptors.

In the grand scheme of NBE it's (SHBG) important. And please don't get me wrong when I say this, I don't go about my day focusing on how to manipulate my SHBG. Controlling free T and E is what I think about most. Rolleyes followed by diet/exercise, hydration, etc. Wink

You'll have a bigger impact with NBE when you reset your metabolism, which will help control the hypothalamus (thyroid too) sending out more negative feedback.

(31-01-2016, 04:28 PM)hannah Wrote:  

Yeh the more I learn about hormones and NBE the less I get the picture...........shbg has my attention at the moment though it feels like a street that runs dead seeing the medical conditions high SHBG can give us, also elevated Estradiol levels will cause SHBG to be high. Low shbg is associated with high androgens...I have a quote here: ''If you dial SHBG up, your free T goes down. If you dial SHBG down, your free T goes up. ''
(link: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/High_SHBG.aspx )

Thats the thing, how do you specifically dial up SHBG without having influence on other hormones?. Imo it's all interconnected. But, starting at the hypothalamus is key. Taking NBE supplements that actually interact with the hypothalamus/pituitary/thyroid/insulin, controls hormones.

Big Grin

(02-02-2016, 06:05 AM)ellacraig Wrote:  Hi L
Got something else for you to look into time permitting
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18630518

What do you think of thymus extract to boost immune function? Is there anything negative you can see?

Do this time permitting of course.

Thanks Hun

Thanks Ella, Wink

Nice find btw. You know what a " stop gap valve " is right?, in simple terms, thymus extract is a stop gap valve in the mitochondrial pathway blocking breast cancer cells through apoptosis, and limiting the cytotoxicity of cells.

In others words, a breast cancer prevention tool.

(02-02-2016, 05:15 PM)hannah Wrote:  I know youre very popular and busy, so hope you dont mind i have yet another question..But I keep wondering and thinking how we all can be so different.. Some girls have a fat ass,others have fat as and fat boobs, then others are just plain skinny, then you have girls with absolutely no butt and legs but big breasts. Then leaving body shapes aside we also see many variations in skin and hair : acne,dryness/psoriasis, hirsutism, soft hair,dry hair, brittle and frizzy hair,baldness on the forehead,etc etc.

If we assume that all those differences are not from diet or genetics..''just assuming this for my question''. (also bc even related peope can have big differences)
Then whats making us so different? Sensitivity for certain hormones or just the excreeting from more and different hormones then others?

Thanks in advance Lotus,hope there's a good explanation for this one..seeing it really intrigues me how we can differ so much just bc off hormones..bc in the end we're all the same..the same brains the same ovaries...etc

Awesome question(s) Big Grin

What's makes us different?...........DNA, lol. In reality it's the truth though. I think we could answer part of this by the way certain genes don't get activated the same way as in others. Meaning, an incomplete activation of (as an example) estrogen receptors, which are in the hundreds of thousands (can you imagine that lol), but....which kind of estrogen receptors?, ER-aplha (boob growth receptor) or ER-beta (seen as an anti-cancer receptor). If you have more ER-beta receptors breasts growth is limited.

What makes have better a sense of smell (part bloodhound lol) vision, hearing etc?.

Why are some born with abilities they don't yet know they have?. I think this explains a lot of us at BN lol, we have this undiscovered potential, no kidding. I think you're tapping into this potential.

Think about it, what's a creative genius?..........answer: being specifically exceptional.

That's us, specifically exceptional Big Grin

Thanks for the great question.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon