Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

By george I think I've figured it out, Big Grin

By tricking a fat cell into thinking it's in a full (fed) state it eliminates the potential harmful side-effects such as obesity and cancer causing properties. Seen in this study:

Quote:The percentage conversion of androstenedione to estrone rises from 1-2% in normal weight subjects to 12- 15% in women who weigh 300-400 lb (135- 181 kg).

When fat cells are empty it's saying feed me. An example of this would be how high serum levels of natural estrogen tricks the brain into thinking its produced enough testosterone, which in turn slows the production of T down. In this example we trick your body into thinking its full, thereby the release of more fat from a "starved state" is inhibited.

A fed fat cell "in theory" (lol mine) produces an upregulated conversion of aromatase without being in this obese state.

Adipose tissue as a source of hormones
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/45/1/277.long

(31-12-2015, 02:40 AM)Lotus Wrote:  By george I think I've figured it out, Big Grin

By tricking a fat cell into thinking it's in a full (fed) state it eliminates the potential harmful side-effects such as obesity and cancer causing properties. Seen in this study:

Quote:The percentage conversion of androstenedione to estrone rises from 1-2% in normal weight subjects to 12- 15% in women who weigh 300-400 lb (135- 181 kg).

When fat cells are empty it's saying feed me. An example of this would be how high serum levels of natural estrogen tricks the brain into thinking its produced enough testosterone, which in turn slows the production of T down. In this example we trick your body into thinking its full, thereby the release of more fat from a "starved state" is inhibited.

A fed fat cell "in theory" (lol mine) produces an upregulated conversion of aromatase without being in this obese state.

Ok, connecting the dots, from a previous post we see that this potential of how powerful FAT, really is, it's all around us (lol, literally). Big GrinRolleyes

How do we fulfill this need you ask?............answer: Leptin (again), insulin plays an important role in this too, no doubt.

(20-08-2015, 05:28 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Eating high-fat foods may reduce free testosterone levels according to one study that measured serum levels of sex steroid hormones after ingestion of different types of food. High-protein and high-carbohydrate meals had no effect on serum hormone levels, but a fat-containing meal reduced free testosterone levels for 4 hours (Killinger et. al. 1987)....... (in men).

The resulting hormone imbalance (too much estrogen and not enough free testosterone) in obese men partially explains why so many are impotent and experience a wide range of premature degenerative diseases (Blum et al. 1988).

(20-08-2015, 05:04 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen.

Generally, ingested fats show up in adipose tissue depots and in the bloodstream (in lipoproteins or as FFA) and the ultimate storage site is determined by the places where blood flows the greatest. Women, for instance, store a greater proportion of ingested fats in the subcutaneous adipose tissue depots than men because of these regional blood flow differences (Jensen, Sarr, Dumesic, Southorn, & Levine, 2003).

In principle, on activation by the lipolytic hormones, short, polyunsaturated fats (e.g., linoleate) would be mobilized in preference to longer, saturated fats because they are more accessible to the water-soluble enzyme, HSL, which catalyzes the release of fatty acids from glycerol. (To add another layer of complexity, depending on the circumstances, adipose tissue depots contribute differentially to the blood FFA pool [Mittendorfer, Liem, Patterson, Miles, & Klein, 2003]). Nonetheless, in reality, on average, plenty of saturated (e.g., stearate and palmitate) and monounsaturated fats (e.g., oleate and palmitoleate) are released in addition to polyunsaturated fats, so when fats are mobilized a mixture is available for use as fuel by tissues elsewhere (Staiger et al., 2004).

http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/02/dr-...fe-of.html

"Seymore, ......FEED ME!"- Carniverous plant, Little Shop of Horrors.

(31-12-2015, 03:00 AM)Tanya Marie Squirrel Wrote:  "Seymore, ......FEED ME!"- Carniverous plant, Little Shop of Horrors.

Lol Big Grin

Ok, Seymore might need some L-carnitine and Taurine to FEED that hunger. Wink

Btw, I've come to realize that PM has similar side effects like birth control does, e.g. lengthening or eliminating cycles. I would say they (women) only need 500mg during the first half.........isn't that what the manufactures suggest anyway. Rolleyes

In large part this effect is caused from the HPA axis (hypothalamus pituitary axis). One risk factor we "all " might miss is the fact of permanently damaging the thyroid, I haven't seen evidence yet, however the possiblty does exist (imo).

(31-12-2015, 02:59 AM)Lotus Wrote:  
(31-12-2015, 02:40 AM)Lotus Wrote:  By george I think I've figured it out, Big Grin

Ok, connecting the dots, from a previous post we see that this potential of how powerful FAT, really is, it's all around us (lol, literally). Big GrinRolleyes

How do we fulfill this need you ask?............answer: Leptin (again), insulin plays an important role in this too, no doubt.

(20-08-2015, 05:28 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Eating high-fat foods may reduce free testosterone levels according to one study that measured serum levels of sex steroid hormones after ingestion of different types of food. High-protein and high-carbohydrate meals had no effect on serum hormone levels, but a fat-containing meal reduced free testosterone levels for 4 hours (Killinger et. al. 1987)....... (in men).

The resulting hormone imbalance (too much estrogen and not enough free testosterone) in obese men partially explains why so many are impotent and experience a wide range of premature degenerative diseases (Blum et al. 1988).

(20-08-2015, 05:04 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Polyunsaturated fats and prostaglandins stimulate the expression of aromatase, the enzyme that synthesizes estrogen.

Generally, ingested fats show up in adipose tissue depots and in the bloodstream (in lipoproteins or as FFA) and the ultimate storage site is determined by the places where blood flows the greatest. Women, for instance, store a greater proportion of ingested fats in the subcutaneous adipose tissue depots than men because of these regional blood flow differences (Jensen, Sarr, Dumesic, Southorn, & Levine, 2003).

In principle, on activation by the lipolytic hormones, short, polyunsaturated fats (e.g., linoleate) would be mobilized in preference to longer, saturated fats because they are more accessible to the water-soluble enzyme, HSL, which catalyzes the release of fatty acids from glycerol. (To add another layer of complexity, depending on the circumstances, adipose tissue depots contribute differentially to the blood FFA pool [Mittendorfer, Liem, Patterson, Miles, & Klein, 2003]). Nonetheless, in reality, on average, plenty of saturated (e.g., stearate and palmitate) and monounsaturated fats (e.g., oleate and palmitoleate) are released in addition to polyunsaturated fats, so when fats are mobilized a mixture is available for use as fuel by tissues elsewhere (Staiger et al., 2004).

http://www.andrewkimblog.com/2013/02/dr-...fe-of.html

Soooo much reading but FOR TOMORROW ... It is New Year's Eve after all Smile

(30-12-2015, 07:23 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(30-12-2015, 06:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(30-12-2015, 05:18 PM)eloise614 Wrote:  For those of us with freekishly fast metabolism, Big Grin, and have trouble putting on an ounce of weight, it seems like we would be naturally high in leptin. Wrong?! Huh
Yep that's me too... I could eat a steaks Curley fries and coke every day of the week and still weigh less than a feather... I'd be dead in a year of course from clogged arteries... But I'd still weigh nothing Blush

Yup, I get it, I understand what ur saying, I eat and eat and don't gain. To me this says a Leptin resistance, stress related?, sure, that makes sense.

(30-12-2015, 06:50 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Ok so re read your post Smile but... how do we use/turn/utilise leptin to our favour?

Well, i see a few ways actually, 3-4 days out of the week you eat 175-200 more calories, e.g. 4-5 ounces more of a salmon portion. (The extra calories are not from carbs).

Then within the next few hours (after digestion) perform a high intense workout. 15 minutes. This way Leptin is released immediately and not stored (thereby eliminating the resistance). After the workout, Then supplement with NBE to synthesize the new enegy (cells) into the stimulated endocrine system.

Hmmm....
So, I've read (somewhere on T-nation) that HIIT (and HIT, high intensity training, e.g. lifting heavy) will cause fat to be released - but there's nothing to stop it from being re-absorbed into fat cells.

Now, to burn it, they actually suggested some steady-state "cardio" (a low heart rate, not the breakneck speeds) would work.

But for us.... We who want curves in other spots... Can we perhaps leverage this by performing the HIIT or a finisher after a workout? E.G., sets of Burpees following our workout, and then maybe stretching, but no more exercise. We then maybe get the triglycerides we've dumped into the blood to re-congeal in fat cells in a feminine form?

Might be good to try. Thoughts?

-Jean

(31-12-2015, 02:58 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  
(30-12-2015, 07:23 PM)Lotus Wrote:  
(30-12-2015, 06:30 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  
(30-12-2015, 05:18 PM)eloise614 Wrote:  For those of us with freekishly fast metabolism, Big Grin, and have trouble putting on an ounce of weight, it seems like we would be naturally high in leptin. Wrong?! Huh
Yep that's me too... I could eat a steaks Curley fries and coke every day of the week and still weigh less than a feather... I'd be dead in a year of course from clogged arteries... But I'd still weigh nothing Blush

Yup, I get it, I understand what ur saying, I eat and eat and don't gain. To me this says a Leptin resistance, stress related?, sure, that makes sense.

(30-12-2015, 06:50 PM)ellacraig Wrote:  Ok so re read your post Smile but... how do we use/turn/utilise leptin to our favour?

Well, i see a few ways actually, 3-4 days out of the week you eat 175-200 more calories, e.g. 4-5 ounces more of a salmon portion. (The extra calories are not from carbs).

Then within the next few hours (after digestion) perform a high intense workout. 15 minutes. This way Leptin is released immediately and not stored (thereby eliminating the resistance). After the workout, Then supplement with NBE to synthesize the new enegy (cells) into the stimulated endocrine system.

Hmmm....
So, I've read (somewhere on T-nation) that HIIT (and HIT, high intensity training, e.g. lifting heavy) will cause fat to be released - but there's nothing to stop it from being re-absorbed into fat cells.

Now, to burn it, they actually suggested some steady-state "cardio" (a low heart rate, not the breakneck speeds) would work.

But for us.... We who want curves in other spots... Can we perhaps leverage this by performing the HIIT or a finisher after a workout? E.G., sets of Burpees following our workout, and then maybe stretching, but no more exercise. We then maybe get the triglycerides we've dumped into the blood to re-congeal in fat cells in a feminine form?

Might be good to try. Thoughts?

-Jean

Thanks Jean,

Absolutely, HIIT 4x times per week @ (15 min each session), just enough to deplete muscles. Another plus would be to change food consumption, meaning eating small portions every 4 hours, this way insulin can't store the fat, which gives us a chance to convert the fat into energy. And what's in energy?, why a chance to synthesize hormones of course. Big GrinCool

Some amino acids may work in this scenario, carnitine too. looking a carnatine, it has crossover potential, see here:

http://www.raysahelian.com/carnitine.html

Interesting is its potential for fertility issues, help in relieving CFS, hypothyroidism, etc.

Quote:Without carnitine, fatty acids cannot easily enter into mitochondria.

This link may have been posted before somewhere within this tome of a thread, but a little repetition surely won't hurt. There appear to be significant cardiac benefits of increased endogeonous production of estrogens for men. Aromatise me, baby.

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1...84.10.5954

Quote:Evidence of a role for endogenous estrogens in men:

There is now compelling evidence that endogenous production of estrogens in men plays an important role in cardiovascular health and disease. Physiological levels of estrogen have been reported to play a role in influencing plasma lipoprotein concentrations in men. When selective estrogen deficiency was induced in young men by administration of combined drug therapy with a GnRH antagonist (to suppress endogenous steroid hormones), testosterone (to restore testosterone levels to baseline), and testolactone (an aromatase inhibitor that prevents conversion of testosterone to estrogens), plasma high density lipoprotein (HDL) and apolipoprotein A-1 decreased, while plasma low density lipoprotein (LDL) and triglyceride levels did not change (7). Shono et al. (8) investigated the relationships of plasma sex hormones to lipid and glucose metabolism in a cross-sectional study on 212 apparently healthy men ranging in age from 18 to 59 yr. They showed that the estradiol level was negatively related to both LDL cholesterol and fasting blood glucose, suggesting that the levels of estradiol within the physiological range for healthy men may help maintain a desirable profile of lipid and glucose metabolism.

Lessons from “experiments of nature”. Recent evidence from a 28-yr-old man with estrogen insensitivity caused by a disruptive mutation in the estrogen receptor (ER) gene suggests that estrogen may play an important role not only in bone metabolism but also in cardiovascular function. This individual presented with tall stature, normal masculinization, incomplete epiphyseal closure, and decreased bone mineral density. His serum estradiol and estrone, FSH, and LH concentrations were elevated, while testosterone was normal. Direct sequencing of exon 2 of his ER gene revealed a cytosine-to-thymine transition at codon 157 of both allelles, resulting in a premature stop codon and expression of a truncated nonfunctional ER protein (9). Peripheral vascular studies in this individual revealed an intact rapid nongenomic vasodilator response to sublingual estradiol; however, he demonstrated marked endothelial dysfunction evidenced by absence of flow-mediated vasodilation in the brachial artery (10), an observation consistent with the impaired basal nitric oxide release in the aorta of the male estrogen-α receptor knockout mouse (11). Electron beam computed tomography scanning of the heart in this individual showed calcium deposition in his left anterior descending coronary artery, indicating early atherosclerosis (12). Lipoprotein analysis showed relatively low levels of HDL, but total and LDL cholesterol concentrations were also low, as were apolipoprotein A-1 and lipoprotein(a), while triglyceride concentrations were normal (12). Overall, these observations suggest that some actions of estrogen likely to be protective against the development of premature vascular disease in men.

Potential role of phytoestrogens and other dietary factorsSectionTonguerevious sectionNext section
It is also known that other dietary factors may affect sex hormone metabolism. For example, it has been shown that in healthy men a high fat, low fiber diet is known to reduce urinary excretion of estradiol and estrone and their metabolites while increasing mean plasma concentrations of testosterone (67). It is therefore possible that dietary modification could also be used to control endogenous sex hormone levels in men in a manner potentially beneficial to the cardiovascular system.

Potential role of phytoestrogens and other dietary factors:

A significant number of structurally diverse plant and fungal secondary metabolites exist in nature that may contribute to the total estrogen exposure of the human population (64). It is now recognized that these phytoestrogens may act in beneficial ways on the cardiovascular system (65), and recent research has emphasized the widespread potential health benefits of dietary phytoestrogens (66). It is likely that the cardiovascular benefits of these substances would apply to men as much as to women, but to date little study of their effects in men has been undertaken. It is also known that other dietary factors may affect sex hormone metabolism. For example, it has been shown that in healthy men a high fat, low fiber diet is known to reduce urinary excretion of estradiol and estrone and their metabolites while increasing mean plasma concentrations of testosterone (67). It is therefore possible that dietary modification could also be used to control endogenous sex hormone levels in men in a manner potentially beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
[/quote]

[Image: aromatize.gif]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg2FNBTGK8NHLADRnnU-w...VLWKaxe7_g]

Lol that aromatize with the leaves around it would make a cute tramp stamp :p

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon