Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Comfort zone question

(04-10-2013, 12:21 PM)sfem Wrote:  I've thought for some time that would probably be an interesting thing to do, at least once. There isn't a need for home addresses or phone numbers for such a thing. I think most are in hiding deep enough they would not come out for it, even if enough of us were in close enough proximity to each other to make it realistic. But for my two cents, I would suggest a city to meet in gets nominated. Show of hands would tell you if enough people can make that, or would be willing to get there. Then you nominate a date and time, and a specific location like a restaurant or something. If you can hash your way through that, then you have a chance of it actually happening. No-one has to provide any personal details they don't need to and can still share that in person if they want to. I for one would consider it if the city was Toronto, or somewhere close to there. As for the troll showing up, or notifying others, well, hopefully they don't live there. If they do and they show up, we can beat them up. Smile

I like this idea. Would we meet online first via webcam so we can recognize each other in person?

I've meet others from other forums (mainly crossdressing) that I'm a member of..... both in public and in private..... for me It was nice.... contacting others with similar interests.... being able to talk freely..... compare techniques.....

Oh boy! When I made my OP, I was thinking it would be fun to meet some of you, one at a time. You'd have no way of knowing this about me but I turn into a wall flower (an understatement) in groups of people I don't know well. Even Skype I assume, although I've never done that before. If I could make a personal connection with a few of you FIRST, I'd do much better in a face to face group setting. It's so ironic, I started this thinking it would be outside the comfort zone of others and now I'm laughing at myself because it appears to be pushing MY boarders Smile

Sounds like the making of an NBE convention! lol

I can't see giving out my skype address because my computer is shared by the family. Not appropriate. Make it cloak-and-dagger. Pick an uncommon clothing item or accessory for all to wear or carry. Maybe a baseball cap of a particular colour? Something everyone would be likely to have. No, I won't show up in a bikini or skirt and heels. Just scheduling such a thing might be tough the closer we get to the festive season.

Could be a hell of a Halloween party for next year
X

Julie

(05-10-2013, 09:17 PM)sfem Wrote:  I can't see giving out my skype address because my computer is shared by the family. Not appropriate. Make it cloak-and-dagger. Pick an uncommon clothing item or accessory for all to wear or carry. Maybe a baseball cap of a particular colour? Something everyone would be likely to have. No, I won't show up in a bikini or skirt and heels. Just scheduling such a thing might be tough the closer we get to the festive season.

But don't we all have a skirt and heels we could wear? It would be perfect for a halloween party! Big Grin

On a more serious note, one item that comes to mind is a baseball cap with a pink ribbon. I figure most of us don't have one, but I think it would be a good covert symbol for NBE.

I think I've seen hats somewhere that look like a huge tit. Or, we can each get a t-shirt printed that has the body we wish to have (neck to waist) printed on it. Maybe we can all have t-shirts printed that say "Breast Friends" on them.

Like these? There are many variations on this, because breast friends is a slogan used by the women's cancer survivor groups. And while I like the term for us, it feels slightly wrong to me to co-opt cancer survivor slogans, even if we did come up with it independently. The concept of a t-shirt for our group with non-conflicting slogan is a good idea though.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/breast-friend...1450X43Y56

(06-10-2013, 06:52 PM)sfem Wrote:  There are many variations on this, because breast friends is a slogan used by the women's cancer survivor groups. And while I like the term for us, it feels slightly wrong to me to co-opt cancer survivor slogans, even if we did come up with it independently. The concept of a t-shirt for our group with non-conflicting slogan is a good idea though.

Good point.

Maybe it would be easier to find a more unique slogan by redirecting the focus from breasts to gender identity? Perhaps something like this?

http://www.cafepress.com/+225_button_10_pack,134795017

Unless someone creates a new design, everything I looked at pertaining to breasts either relates to breast cancer awareness or jokes about the sex appeal of breasts.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon