Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Just about to start my journey - very excited

(18-04-2013, 05:16 PM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  Thanks for giving her the tips about where to buy her stuff. I don't know the UK market at all very well. Is the SP in Holland & Barrett standard and without nasty fillers?

They do 2 versions -whole berries and standardised,
Whole Berries says:
" Ingredients:

Saw Palmetto Powder, Capsule Shell (Gelatine).

Contains (or contains an ingredient/s derived from) sulphites.

Guaranteed Free Of:

No Artificial Colours, Flavours or Sweeteners.

No Preservatives.

No Added Sugar.

No Starch, No Milk, No Lactose, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, No Porcine"

The Standardised is "85 -95%"

Whole berries is currently £12-99 for 100 x610mg capsules
Standardised is £12-65 for 320mg capsules

They sometimes appear in the various 2 for 1 type promotions.

@Pansy

Ah. They are quite excellent then! Thank you! The standard is 85-95. That's the good stuff. Whole berries aren't bad though, and if you don't need very much of the good stuff, it'd be the option you'd want... Most of us are going to want to use at least 320mg of standard though, so, may as well buy standard!

(19-04-2013, 11:18 AM)AbiDrew85 Wrote:  @Pansy

Ah. They are quite excellent then! Thank you! The standard is 85-95. That's the good stuff. Whole berries aren't bad though, and if you don't need very much of the good stuff, it'd be the option you'd want... Most of us are going to want to use at least 320mg of standard though, so, may as well buy standard!

So standard it is then! What's the normal regime then, 320mg a day?

Rachel

Well my PM has arrived and I'm now looking at my first 500mg capsule. The future starts here! I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Rachel

xxx

(19-04-2013, 06:56 AM)Pansy-Mae Wrote:  They do 2 versions -whole berries and standardised,
Whole Berries says:
" Ingredients:

Saw Palmetto Powder, Capsule Shell (Gelatine).

Contains (or contains an ingredient/s derived from) sulphites.

Guaranteed Free Of:

No Artificial Colours, Flavours or Sweeteners.

No Preservatives.

No Added Sugar.

No Starch, No Milk, No Lactose, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish, No Porcine"

The Standardised is "85 -95%"

I got two bottles of 200 rapid release 450mg capsules, one for £23, the other in a special deal for 1p! It says take four a day, two in the morning and two in the evening, giving a daily dose of 1800mg. I'm assuming that's a suitable dose for what I'm using them for?

I'm now on my 3rd day taking PM. I'm actually taking 1000mg per day. There are obviously no physical effects yet (though my nipples do seem to be a bit perkier!) but, although this is probably psychosomatic, I have been feeling more calm and relaxed. Long may that continue!

Will keep you posted on how I get on. Thanks to all for your generous words in helping get me started down this road!

Rachel

xxx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon