Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Got noticed today

I float between 1 and 2.
Maybe 1.75 Rolleyes

Certainly never 0 or I wouldnt be here Big Grin

(18-02-2014, 12:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I saw a lady doctor today. She was very cheerful and upbeat. I think her mood was even infectious to an extent. Wink

Nothing was mentioned about my breast development.

Later on in the day I participated in a research study about learning trends for autistic and non-autistic adolescents and adults. Amidst all the questions and exams, there was one question that stood out to me. I was given three options to rate the following statement:

Quote:I wish I was of the opposite sex.

The options I could pick from were:

0-Not True
1-Sometimes or somewhat true
2-Often or very true

This was a part of a written exam instead of a verbal exam. This was the only question out of 125 that had anything to do with being transgender.

I picked the last option for the question.

What answer would any of you pick?

I most certainly would be a 2.

(18-02-2014, 12:18 AM)flamesabers Wrote:  I saw a lady doctor today. She was very cheerful and upbeat. I think her mood was even infectious to an extent. Wink

Flame, honey, did your doctor have you remove your shirt during the exam? If not, do you believe she noticed your breast development despite being covered? I don't know why I'm worried about this, but I am. I still consider myself a neophyte, I guess, a shy one at that.

Clara Smile

Clara, I had my annual in January, and my GP never said a word...and you have seen my girls...
People sometimes only see what they expect to see.

(20-02-2014, 12:01 AM)ClaraKay Wrote:  

Flame, honey, did your doctor have you remove your shirt during the exam? If not, do you believe she noticed your breast development despite being covered? I don't know why I'm worried about this, but I am. I still consider myself a neophyte, I guess, a shy one at that.

Clara Smile

Nope, there was no reason to. She didn't need to examine my abdomen or internal organs. If she did notice, she didn't say anything or give any obvious hint.

I don't think this is something you really need to worry about. The vast majority of doctors are professional. After you show your breasts to a few doctors, I think the anxiety will start to decrease for you.

My doctor felt me up and said they should be bigger.

Big Grin hahaha, I crack myself up. It's true though, of course I'm seeing him to get prescribed hormones....still true.

I've noticed that my primary care doctor goes to great lengths to *not* see me shirtless. I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that I actually mentioned to him that my breasts were growing, but rather I think that a lot of medical professionals simply respect privacy a lot more than they used to.

During my recent back surgery (in December) I changed into the hospital gown in private. When I left the hospital my wife helped me change. No one ever saw my breasts.

Now the visit I do dread is to my dermatologist. I'm overdue for a full body exam (I had a melanoma removed last May). During the last exam I had (back in May) there were two female attendants present as well as the doctor. There will be no hiding it now.

I'm debating on whether to disclose gynocomastia to my dermatologist and ask if he can do the exam solo. What do you all think? I don't want this fear to prevent me from the necessary follow-ups (melanoma can be very serious, and often deadly if not caught in time).

I appreciate any inputs/thoughts!

Misty

(20-02-2014, 04:05 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I've noticed that my primary care doctor goes to great lengths to *not* see me shirtless. I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that I actually mentioned to him that my breasts were growing, but rather I think that a lot of medical professionals simply respect privacy a lot more than they used to.

During my recent back surgery (in December) I changed into the hospital gown in private. When I left the hospital my wife helped me change. No one ever saw my breasts.

Now the visit I do dread is to my dermatologist. I'm overdue for a full body exam (I had a melanoma removed last May). During the last exam I had (back in May) there were two female attendants present as well as the doctor. There will be no hiding it now.

I'm debating on whether to disclose gynocomastia to my dermatologist and ask if he can do the exam solo. What do you all think? I don't want this fear to prevent me from the necessary follow-ups (melanoma can be very serious, and often deadly if not caught in time).

Misty

The last time I saw my dermatologist , it was for him to check a spot on my chest. Although the girls were not particularly noticeable (and they still are not "stand-outs," both he and his assistant seemed to do a double take on the hairless chest. I was somewhat embarrassed going in, but once the examination began, I did not mind it at all. In fact, I sort of enjoyed the process.

Perhaps I have a bit of an exhibitionist streak! I know that I would only be pleased if I got "noticed" in a non-hostile way.

Since I'll be finding a new doc soon, I don't think it will be as embarrassing for me to expose my breast adorned chest as it would be with my current doc to whom I've been going for 20 years. I can imagine his reaction: "WTF happened to you, Clara!" Well, not Clara, of course! Ha Ha!

Clara

(20-02-2014, 04:05 AM)Misty0732 Wrote:  I've noticed that my primary care doctor goes to great lengths to *not* see me shirtless. I don't think that has anything to do with the fact that I actually mentioned to him that my breasts were growing, but rather I think that a lot of medical professionals simply respect privacy a lot more than they used to.

Misty

Your doc should be very professional - at least in your presence. Your health comes first. Gynocomastia is a perfectly exceptable cover. Most older men these days have a touch of it - heck go to a ball gem this summer and most 30 yr olds have now, along with a good roll around the middle.

But to truly use gyno as a cover don't shave your chest hair for a few weeks.

That's my advice.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon