Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Buying Ainterol PM in bulk powder?

Hi Sarah,

About the glycerine (glycerol), you should be able to find it at your local drugstore/pharmacist, look in the section for hand and body lotions. By the way, glycerol is a sugar alcohol, note the "ol" at the end of the word.

Also, tinctures are made using alcohols. Ainterol says not to "take" PM with alcohol. I wonder, does this apply to tinctures?

BigDave

Just to ad my twopennyworth, i have found that the unlike the capsules which are probably the worst thing you will ever taste, the powder tastes nowhere as bad, it's not great, but definitely do-able if you are not to squeemish.
I just use the little spoon, put it onto my tongue and wash it down with milk .

(31-03-2013, 06:35 PM)troubled waters Wrote:  Just to ad my twopennyworth, i have found that the unlike the capsules which are probably the worst thing you will ever taste, the powder tastes nowhere as bad, it's not great, but definitely do-able if you are not to squeemish.
I just use the little spoon, put it onto my tongue and wash it down with milk .

Does the PM powder mask the awful taste of the milk enough to make the milk palatable?

Having just started to take PM in powder form, and to prevent the risk of breathing in the very fine and pervasive powder, I am using measuring spoon(s) to put it into a shallow little bowl, putting a spoonful of yogurt on top and working the powder into the yogurt and eating the result. It doesn't taste too bad (to me), and one can use flavo(u)red yogurt.

Oh Blimey Monika T.
My only advice is never ever, ever, ever use Soy milk, it is the work of the devil , just disgusting. I bought it for my dog to drink and wondered why she would not drink it, she loves the cats' milk. and made the mistake of trying it myself.
Needless to say there is more chance of having a poo in the queens handbag than me trying that again, in fact i did the ghost chili challenge with my boys the other week [the hottest chili known to man] and that was every bit as bad as people say but i would rather do that again than Soy milk, ..... just a personal thing !

Honestly, I was being facetious, though I really do not care for the taste or plain milk, plus I have a weird allergy to it, and it gives me bad gas, though I normally do not have issues with other dairy products. I can imagine unflavored soy, almond, or rice milk does not taste much better which is why I always buy those in vanilla flavor. I've had them in chocolate as well, but vanilla seems to work best for most things. I have to admit, depending on the brand, even chocolate soy milk can be nasty, and chocolate usually makes most things better.

I can see where yogurt could work quite well, though these days my system seems to be fighting yogurt which could be part of my problem with PM capsules.

I can't stand soy milk, but vanilla(or even chocolate) almond milk I have no problem with. Much more milk-like than soy, and I actually enjoy the taste. MUCH cheaper in organic variety than dairy milk too.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon