Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Annoying online bra size calculators

In my humble opinion a lot depends upon brand with size calculators only giving appropriate starting size. 
Trial and error I have found to be the best way to bra shop if a fitting is not possible. Find a brand that suits and stay with that brand. 
In my experience lingerie sales people can be extremely helpful to the considerate shopper regardless of gender. 
I am sure many have been victims of the certain type of customer who gets pleasure in embarrassing staff.

(16-02-2018, 03:28 PM)Boris Wrote:  In my humble opinion a lot depends upon brand with size calculators only giving appropriate starting size. 
Trial and error I have found to be the best way to bra shop if a fitting is not possible. Find a brand that suits and stay with that brand. 
In my experience lingerie sales people can be extremely helpful to the considerate shopper regardless of gender. 
I am sure many have been victims of the certain type of customer who gets pleasure in embarrassing staff.

sorry to derail the thread a bit, Boris you have your PM disabled so I can`t reply to the question you asked a few mins ago, just letting yoiu know i`m not ignoring you.

Please correct the following errors before continuing:

Boris has private messaging disabled. You cannot send private messages to this user.

is the message I`m getting.

Hi most males are wider set and rooted which means there more to each side where as most GG's are closer together hence cleavage but can be vice versa even.
Wide rooted think of like a triangle move sides in triangle tip higher or out lower but still same volume.

Bras these days are more 36 back 36 bra where as the old +4" was non elastic bras from dino days
Much with fit is how much padding you have round ribs and also elastic content/construction of bra as store bras which are very often low qual elastics fit an asortment of sizes as streeeeetch and higher quanitity of elastic has more give.
where as a sports bra has to be about right or plus a size as its the band that provides support not the straps as there far less stretchy and are deeper in the band so more contained.

Elomi and Goddess are often pretty good for males as often wider wires one that is great is the EL3911.
Sports bras that are quite discrete "well not so obvious"! are likes of Glamorise 1166 non wired and has a 2nd layer over fron you hook up which pulls them in it does run tight in the band though and more generous in the cups but i can wear under T shirts without it really saying "wearing"

(06-05-2017, 04:44 PM)paul Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:02 PM)lilmikey Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 08:13 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

In store fitting is out of the question for me.

Thank you

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, as I too would like to use a
calculator that gives realistic results.

Try this one: http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php.  However, since you are a male - with a male shaped chest - go down one size on the band measurement.  E.g if calculator says 40B, go for a 38B.   This should give you a starting point.

The only way to know for sure your size is to try some bras on.  Unfortunately there is no magic calculator that will get everyone exact.

Good luck,

Paul
Edit: I didn't realize there was also a calculator for A Bra That Fits. I tried that and I got 38 A/B. Well, they were right about me possibly being less than a B, but I'm still growing...hopefully. The thing about the ABTF calculator is that it factored in me being genetically male, but the band size seems small based on the 38 B bra I bought that didn't fit.

The first calculator I used said I needed a 38 B, but that was way too small because of my wide shoulders/chest (I might be slightly smaller than B cup, but it's possible the bra was just bigger than other B cups Huh ). However, the calculator linked to above said I was 42 B which sounds more accurate (albeit harder to find compared to 38 B). I know Paul is saying I should go down to 40 B, but I wonder if that will be too small too. I guess another option would be 42 A.

One thing I'm wondering about though is ordering a larger cup size (C, D, etc...no pun intended Wink ) and wearing breast forms. I'm not going out as a female so I'm probably not going to wear one all day. I was probably just going to wear it for online pics. I haven't gone through all the threads yet, but I'm wondering what people think of this and also whether 40 B or 42 B (or 42 A) would be better if I get one to wear without inserts. I was 38underbust/40/38over for the measurments

this link seams to work for me , has any one else seen it ?

bra size calculator

Haven't had much luck with online calculators vs actually buying and trying various ones, so I'm eventually going to go for a professional fitting at a place that specializes in that. Should be fun! Smile

(13-03-2019, 03:24 AM)michelle street Wrote:  this link seams to work for me , has any one else seen it ?

bra size calculator

I got the same results with that as my first calculator - 38 B. I haven't tried enough bras to really say how accurate that is.

(13-03-2019, 12:40 AM)Nightshade Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 04:44 PM)paul Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 02:02 PM)lilmikey Wrote:  
(06-05-2017, 08:13 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  Has anyone come across a "honest" calculator that won't cheat on the size and that doesn't require an old bra to calculate the new cup size?

In store fitting is out of the question for me.

Thank you

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, as I too would like to use a
calculator that gives realistic results.

Try this one: http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php.  However, since you are a male - with a male shaped chest - go down one size on the band measurement.  E.g if calculator says 40B, go for a 38B.   This should give you a starting point.

The only way to know for sure your size is to try some bras on.  Unfortunately there is no magic calculator that will get everyone exact.

Good luck,

Paul
Edit: I didn't realize there was also a calculator for A Bra That Fits. I tried that and I got 38 A/B. Well, they were right about me possibly being less than a B, but I'm still growing...hopefully. The thing about the ABTF calculator is that it factored in me being genetically male, but the band size seems small based on the 38 B bra I bought that didn't fit.

The first calculator I used said I needed a 38 B, but that was way too small because of my wide shoulders/chest (I might be slightly smaller than B cup, but it's possible the bra was just bigger than other B cups Huh ). However, the calculator linked to above said I was 42 B which sounds more accurate (albeit harder to find compared to 38 B). I know Paul is saying I should go down to 40 B, but I wonder if that will be too small too. I guess another option would be 42 A.

One thing I'm wondering about though is ordering a larger cup size (C, D, etc...no pun intended Wink ) and wearing breast forms. I'm not going out as a female so I'm probably not going to wear one all day. I was probably just going to wear it for online pics. I haven't gone through all the threads yet, but I'm wondering what people think of this and also whether 40 B or 42 B (or 42 A) would be better if I get one to wear without inserts. I was 38underbust/40/38over for the measurments

Hi the one on A bra that fits. is very good pretty accurate even for a male based chest.
But remember it's only a guide as just numbers and letters as with many have to up/down bands/cups as many brands size/fit differently even in same brand can vary.
You can't beat a real fitting in a decent shop that stock main bra brands and if unsure what they are do some net searching on places like Herroom/Bare Necsettiites and other places
As once find a good fit in one of them you have a basis to work from as likes of VS and store bras are made in runs then change plus many just stretch out after a few wears.

I've noticed that it also depends on the manufacturer of the bra. I'm also a 42b wearing a bali but waycoff or Playtex  it seems 44a fits better.
From my understanding if you go up a band size you drop a cup if you go down a band size you go up a cup.  
But style also has a lot to do with it.  One brand and style is not the same fit in another brand, if that makes sense. It's almost like buying jeans just because Lee brand size x fits well . Wrangler size x is to small or to big .

(20-05-2019, 11:56 AM)happyfeet Wrote:  I've noticed that it also depends on the manufacturer of the bra. I'm also a 42b wearing a bali but waycoff or Playtex  it seems 44a fits better.
From my understanding if you go up a band size you drop a cup if you go down a band size you go up a cup.  
But style also has a lot to do with it.  One brand and style is not the same fit in another brand, if that makes sense. It's almost like buying jeans just because Lee brand size x fits well . Wrangler size x is to small or to big .

Hi that was what i was saying it's also the fabric content also as some have more/less elastic

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon