Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I hope Rob looks after me today!

I`m in front of the mirror nearly finished putting my makeup on and just applying the mascara when I realised what I`m letting myself in for today! I said over my shoulder to my wife who`s still in bedd reading, "I hope Rob looks after me today".
she smilled a dirty smile and said "what? like a sugar daddy?" LOL
then I explained my thoughts...

I`v been invited to a rare Coin and bullion faire this afternoon, I also collect silver bullion as does my friend Robert (he`s 67) but he`s more into Gold coins, so I agreed, never been to one before so it might be interesting.
whenever I Go out, it`s usually middle aged guys that tend to give me the look or outright try and hit on me! I got to thinking of the sort of clientel that would be at such a coin faire... (see where i`m going weith this!?).
Mostly middle aged reasonable well off men! now if you add in the geek factor of collecting numismatics and knowing all about the history of X,Y and Z cons, Some probably don`t have much of a life either, the probability of being hit on is likely Much Much higher than the average grocery shopping trip! and there`s unlikely to be many other women therer eather to help take some of the heat off.

now I`m sure everything will probably be just fine, but as I said "i hope Rob looks after me today". xx

Ps; did I mention that he sometimes deadnames me too!? Dodgy

Dilly Dilly !

Deadnames

Good gosh I would throw your lipstick at him

X

Julie

How ironic, everything went perfectly fine, and it was Me that was looking after Him! (he`s in stage 4 prostate cancer), he introduced me to one of his friends there who`s a coin and bullion dealer, talked for a good half hour, well he did most the talking I just sat there nodding and smiling, passing the odd comment and generally looking pretty (he didn`t have a clue I`m trans), I held a coin worth over £250,000 and stood next to £1,000,000 worth of gold and silver! and thinking of the shopping trip I could have with all that, while the men were talking, then we went of to the resteraunt and had food (I didn`t even pay! which felt kinda weird) , I got that jaw on the floor look again when I walked into the ladies (i think it took him a second to realise that i wasn`t going into the gents with him, us girls have our Own loo!) then we came back home and had a coffee at my place and chat. when he left he said "See ya sweetheart" which was just lovely! ❤️

and I wasn`t deadnamed Once! Cool

(11-02-2018, 07:10 PM)Katie Wrote:  How ironic, everything went perfectly fine, and it was Me that was looking after Him! (he`s in stage 4 prostate cancer), he introduced me to one of his friends there who`s a coin and bullion dealer, talked for a good half hour, well he did most the talking I just sat there nodding and smiling, passing the odd comment and generally looking pretty (he didn`t have a clue I`m trans), I held a coin worth over £250,000 and stood next to £1,000,000 worth of gold and silver! and thinking of the shopping trip I could have with all that, while the men were talking, then we went of to the resteraunt and had food (I didn`t even pay! which felt kinda weird) , I got that jaw on the floor look again when I walked into the ladies (i think it took him a second to realise that i wasn`t going into the gents with him, us girls have our Own loo!) then we came back home and had a coffee at my place and chat. when he left he said "See ya sweetheart" which was just lovely! ❤️

and I wasn`t deadnamed Once! Cool

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like fun xx

Not sure what the term "deadname" means, but assume its another UK'ism.  Ya know, like Lift for elevator, and flat for apartment and other non American English stuff.  Oh well, sounds like you had a decent time anyways.

(12-02-2018, 06:08 AM)Aria Wrote:  Not sure what the term "deadname" means, but assume its another UK'ism.  Ya know, like Lift for elevator, and flat for apartment and other non American English stuff.  Oh well, sounds like you had a decent time anyways.

nope, it`s a fairly global term in the trans community, it`s when someone uses your pre-transition name instead of your now Legal name.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Deadnaming
[url=http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Deadnaming][/url]

(12-02-2018, 08:03 AM)Katie Wrote:  
(12-02-2018, 06:08 AM)Aria Wrote:  Not sure what the term "deadname" means, but assume its another UK'ism.  Ya know, like Lift for elevator, and flat for apartment and other non American English stuff.  Oh well, sounds like you had a decent time anyways.

nope, it`s a fairly global term in the trans community, it`s when someone uses your pre-transition name instead of your now Legal name.

http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Deadnaming
[url=http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Deadnaming][/url]
ahhhh.....
Gotcha! Rolleyes Smile

I had not heard of that word until today. 

With legal name change planned this year I have a feeling that it will go on my “new words that I could not conceive of doing without” list. 

How many times do you have to use “deadnamed” before the smile inside of you goes.

(14-02-2018, 02:15 PM)Boris Wrote:  I had not heard of that word until today. 

With legal name change planned this year I have a feeling that it will go on my “new words that I could not conceive of doing without” list. 

How many times do you have to use “deadnamed” before the smile inside of you goes.

Congrats! I hope all goes as well for you as it did for me, just remeber to keep a list with you of places you have to inform and get a few photocopies of your name change certificate as well. it`s easy to overlook something and then get a letter in the mail 6 months later in your deadname because you didn`t tell them, and that can make you feel really down for a bit.

as for telling people, most of the folks I`v used that term with have been trans anyway so they already knew, it doesn`t really come up in conversation with Normies though, and over half of my friends don`t even know what my deadname was anyway Cool  xx

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon