Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-Androgens

(29-04-2016, 12:48 AM)myboobs Wrote:  Will add green tea extract to the regime Smile

Good luck myboobs. Big Grin

(30-04-2016, 02:01 PM)Mickie Wrote:  A lot of great information there Lotus.. many thanks.. I will be altering my regimen for certain

Thanks Mickey, it helped me to understand NBE. Wink

Lotus,

Are there any brands of licorice or red Red reishi that you recommend? Should they be powder, pill, or liquid drop form?

(23-08-2016, 01:15 PM)kidcloudkicker Wrote:  Lotus,

Are there any brands of licorice or red Red reishi that you recommend? Should they be powder, pill, or liquid drop form?

DGL licorice root is the safer option, most of the glycyrrhizin is removed. The glycyrrhizin causes edema, high blood pressure, (via aldersterone). DGL Is said to help alleviate fatigue and gastrointestinal issues.

Licorice root is for short term use, (4-6 weeks), though I'd monitor blood pressure. As always, check with a medical professional before beginning new supplements.

Swansons has a DGL-licorice root, $9.00?

Reishi should be standardized, the cost will vary.....you can find polysaccharides standardized from 10 to 30%, triterpenes around zero to be @ 7-8%. Prices range from $9.00 to beyond $50.00.

Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK927...rt=classic

Honestly I think green tea extract or gamma linoliec acid (evening primrose/borage oil) works about the same or if not better because they promote aromatase in addition to inhibiting DHT. Though caffeine-free GTE is preferable imo.

Green tea blocks type 1 5-alpha-reductase (5AR)

I recently came across the following report:

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/20...entia.html

Summary: based on mining records of prostate cancer patients, the authors detected an increased risk of dementia (from 3.5% to 7.9%) in patients who received anti-androgens. However, they advise against suddenly stopping or changing clinical care, and recommend that further research is required. They don't suggest whether this applies to patients without cancer, and whether it's AAs in general, specific AAs, or low testosterone that had this effect.

Just something to keep in mind.

Here's what I've heard regarding this:

Anti-androgens are only risky if you are not taking some form of estrogen.

The harmful thing is having really low levels of all sex hormones, so if you get rid of your testosterone without raising your estrogen, you are in trouble.

If your blood chemistry is in the female range you should be fine. After all, females aren't at a higher risk for dementia as far as I know.

This study was conducted on people who were taking anti androgens for other health reasons. They were not on estrogen of any kind.

Yeah, you did point out the possibility of low testosterone to be a possible cause. I'd say that's very likely.

(17-10-2016, 07:42 PM)Th3saurus Wrote:  Here's what I've heard regarding this:

The harmful thing is having really low levels of all sex hormones, so if you get rid of your testosterone without raising your estrogen, you are in trouble.

If your blood chemistry is in the female range you should be fine. After all, females aren't at a higher risk for dementia as far as I know.

This study was conducted on people who were taking anti androgens for other health reasons. They were not on estrogen of any kind.

Yeah, you did point out the possibility of low testosterone to be a possible cause. I'd say that's very likely.

My gender doctor said that the trick is to lower active DHT and T.  But once you do that, you have to raise E to about 200.  Otherwise you do risk dementia as well as osteoporosis and other maladies.

(17-10-2016, 08:35 PM)iaboy Wrote:  

My gender doctor said that the trick is to lower active DHT and T.  But once you do that, you have to raise E to about 200.  Otherwise you do risk dementia as well as osteoporosis and other maladies.

Aso the higher your E, the less AA, your Going to need. From what I read, you need @ 400 to shut down your T completly, once your T has been shout down for @ 4 months you can begin to slowly lower your E to the 200 range.

I was wandering about all of that now I am glad that I decide to raise my estrogen and lower my T levels because I did notice my nails are barely growing now but I hope my estrogen levels increase enough so my nails will start growing back better again.

(17-10-2016, 09:45 PM)jannet.duff Wrote:  
(17-10-2016, 08:35 PM)iaboy Wrote:  

Aso the higher your E, the less AA, your Going to need. From what I read, you need @ 400 to shut down your T completly, once your T has been shout down for @ 4 months you can begin to slowly lower your E to the 200 range.

How can I get my T to the point of no return? You have really peeked my interest I want to learn more now.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon