Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Project X (hrt)

(14-01-2016, 09:32 PM)Lotus Wrote:  An oblivious dilemma:

Fat inducing supplements (CLA, conjugated linoleic acid) stimulates T. However, the unused energy gets stored as FAT-(aka adipose). And stored fat ends up being potential aromatase to be activated later by burning said fat, most likely by the hormone Leptin.

One thing I forget mention, if 5 alpha reductase is "not" present within an androgen receptor it doesn't get synthesized to DHT. In other words, this is where androgen blockade therapy would help, especially in prostrate cancer.

Geez Louise, this is the exact scenario (hypothesis) I gave 2 weeks ago. Meaning that taking on new fat gets used as energy (testosterone), what's left (not used) gets stored as new fat. Then, Leptin (the new aromatase) up-regulates estrogen. And in hypogonadal men, I see this as being very apparent.

The only caveat?, we need to get up off our butts and exercise to use it. RolleyesWink

(14-01-2016, 09:47 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

Fat inducing supplements (CLA, conjugated linoleic acid) stimulates T. However, the unused energy gets stored as FAT-(aka adipose). And stored fat ends up being potential aromatase to be activated later by burning said fat, most likely by the hormone Leptin.

One thing I forget mention, if 5 alpha reductase is "not" present within an androgen receptor it doesn't get synthesized to DHT. In other words, this is where androgen blockade therapy would help, especially in prostrate cancer.

Jeez Louise, this is the exact scenario (hypothesis) I gave 2 weeks ago. Meaning that taking on new fat gets used as energy (testosterone), what's left (not used) gets stored as new fat. Then, Leptin (the new aromatase) up-regulates estrogen. And in hypogonadal men, I see this as being very apparent.

The only caveat?, we need to get up off our butts and exercise to use it. RolleyesWink
-----------------------------------------
Now, you are talking my language Lotus-Exercise. Smile

(14-01-2016, 10:47 PM)pom19 Wrote:  
(14-01-2016, 09:47 PM)Lotus Wrote:  

Jeez Louise, this is the exact scenario (hypothesis) I gave 2 weeks ago. Meaning that taking on new fat gets used as energy (testosterone), what's left (not used) gets stored as new fat. Then, Leptin (the new aromatase) up-regulates estrogen. And in hypogonadal men, I see this as being very apparent.

-----------------------------------------
Now, you are talking my language Lotus-Exercise. Smile

I think the word "EXERCISE" was the only part I understood.....

Smile

Here's something that everyone should understand, toxicity. It's understood women metabolize quicker:

Quote:Clinical studies indicate that women metabolise drugs which are substrates of CYP3A4 more quickly than men (20–30% increase)4. Analyses have shown around two fold higher levels of CYP3A4 protein in female compared to male tissue samples3,4. and some populations might see up to 10% increase/decrease too.......(e.g. Asian population). http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArtic...4503A4.htm

So, in other words we can't simply suggest someone else should take x amount of an certain herb/med. The statement "YMMV" (your miles may vary), or "everyone is different" is exactly what this means.

This swing in metabolism could be as much as 50% in individuals, crazy huh?. So people, people, my peeps Big Grin.........please, start herbs at a slow and steady pace, feet first usually ends up in disaster.

RolleyesSmile

(14-01-2016, 11:54 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Smile

Here's something that everyone should understand, toxicity. It's understood women metabolize quicker:

Quote:Clinical studies indicate that women metabolise drugs which are substrates of CYP3A4 more quickly than men (20–30% increase)4. Analyses have shown around two fold higher levels of CYP3A4 protein in female compared to male tissue samples3,4. and some populations might see up to 10% increase/decrease too.......(e.g. Asian population). http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/PUArtic...4503A4.htm

So, in other words we can't simply suggest someone else should take x amount of an certain herb/med. The statement "YMMV" (your miles may vary), or "everyone is different" is exactly what this means.

This swing in metabolism could be as much as 50% in individuals, crazy huh?. So people, people, my peeps Big Grin.........please, start herbs at a slow and steady pace, feet first usually ends up in disaster.

RolleyesSmile
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, for the 2nd times you speak my language-SLOW. Smile

Thanks POM, sorry Ella. Blush

Here's an example of what how interactions can happen, multiplying its effects. Say you drink green tea (a CYP17 inhibitor of testosterone). Now because you add piperine (in certain supplements, or added by supplementing) it increases the EGCG (polyphenols) in green tea by 1.3 fold.

J Nutr. 2004 Aug;134(8):1948-52.
Piperine enhances the bioavailability of the tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate in mice.
Lambert JD1, Hong J, Kim DH, Mishin VM, Yang CS.
Author information
Abstract
(-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), from green tea (Camellia sinensis), has demonstrated chemopreventive activity in animal models of carcinogenesis. Previously, we reported the bioavailability of EGCG in rats (1.6%) and mice (26.5%). Here, we report that cotreatment with a second dietary component, piperine (from black pepper), enhanced the bioavailability of EGCG in mice. Intragastric coadministration of 163.8 micromol/kg EGCG and 70.2 micromol/kg piperine to male CF-1 mice increased the plasma C(max) and area under the curve (AUC) by 1.3-fold compared to mice treated with EGCG only. Piperine appeared to increase EGCG bioavailability by inhibiting glucuronidation and gastrointestinal transit. Piperine (100 micromol/L) inhibited EGCG glucuronidation in mouse small intestine (by 40%) but not in hepatic microsomes. Piperine (20 micromol/L) also inhibited production of EGCG-3"-glucuronide in human HT-29 colon adenocarcinoma cells. Small intestinal EGCG levels in CF-1 mice following treatment with EGCG alone had a C(max) = 37.50 +/- 22.50 nmol/g at 60 min that then decreased to 5.14 +/- 1.65 nmol/g at 90 min; however, cotreatment with piperine resulted in a C(max) = 31.60 +/- 15.08 nmol/g at 90 min, and levels were maintained above 20 nmol/g until 180 min. This resulted in a significant increase in the small intestine EGCG AUC (4621.80 +/- 1958.72 vs. 1686.50 +/- 757.07 (nmol/g.min)). EGCG appearance in the colon and the feces of piperine-cotreated mice was slower than in mice treated with EGCG alone. The present study demonstrates the modulation of the EGCG bioavailablity by a second dietary component and illustrates a mechanism for interactions between dietary chemicals.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?filters=&orig_db=PubMed&cmd=Search&term=134%2A%5Bvolume%5D%20AND%201948%5Bpage%5D%20AND%202004%5Bpdat%5D%20AND%20Lambert%20JD%5Bauth%5D

POM, I always do better with exercise if someone directs me, like challenging me to X amount. For lack of a better explanation, i (maybe we? @ BN) need a coach. Big Grin

You are amazing Lotus. Smile POM

(15-01-2016, 12:42 AM)Lotus Wrote:  POM, I always do better with exercise if someone directs me, like challenging me to X amount. For lack of a better explanation, i (maybe we? @ BN) need a coach. Big Grin
-----------------------------------------------
Alright, you asked for it. I'll coach you, but during pilates I need your boobies as a pillow-SmileSmileSmile

(15-01-2016, 12:43 AM)pom19 Wrote:  You are amazing Lotus. Smile POM

Aw thanks, that's very nice, just trying to help my friends. Tongue

(15-01-2016, 12:46 AM)pom19 Wrote:  
(15-01-2016, 12:42 AM)Lotus Wrote:  POM, I always do better with exercise if someone directs me, like challenging me to X amount. For lack of a better explanation, i (maybe we? @ BN) need a coach. Big Grin
-----------------------------------------------
Alright, you asked for it. I'll coach you, but during pilates I need your boobies as a pillow-SmileSmileSmile

Deal, um.........I will facsimile you some, boobie pillows that is Big Grin

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon