Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My program

Well yes of course I asked the nurse WTF are there not any prescriptions and when can I come in to pick up the letter I asked for and copies of the lab work??? She said she would find out for me and call me back.... WAITING Sad

The doc said she "had no problem prescribing spiro and dutas and she would look into whatever kind of gel and patches are available"... She said she would prefer if I took all my E topically/transdermally but it will cost more... I said no problem but Id like prescriptions as getting this the way I do is unreliable... She agreed and said she would come up with something after reviewing the lab work....

That sounds good.

BTW, Sarah wrote that her prescription for Spiro bought locally costs more that buying it from ADC or IHP.

Clara

(11-07-2014, 04:37 PM)ClaraKay Wrote:  That sounds good.

BTW, Sarah wrote that her prescription for Spiro bought locally costs more that buying it from ADC or IHP.

Clara

I thought it sounded good too, but Im wondering why she didnt prescribe anythingHuhHuh

Ive been VERY aggravated all along with her and her nurse... It's always a huge ordeal just to get simple questions answered and apparently the only way I can talk to the doc at all is by making an appointment to see her...

And yes it does make little sense to me how she does things.... Id think she would have me do the labs first then see me and review it all in person.... She see's me first then checks the labs then the nurse calls and there is zero real follow up until the next appointmentHuhRolleyes

Clara

Just to correct, the finasteride is what's more expensive prescribed than it is online. Spiro and E are both really cheap prescribed.

My E is 59 pg/ml btw, and my doctor seemed to think it was fine. I even asked him "isn't that low" and he said it fluctuates and since my T was so low at 30 ng/dl that the E would continue to climb. I usually take 4-5mg sublingually daily.

I think I'll get him to drop the finasteride since its so expensive, and raise the E or the spiro dose though. I need to email him.

Sorry you're having issues with your doctor and scripts Eva, I know that can be really frustrating.

FWIW, Eve, my doctor does the same thing. I go in, they take blood and then he discusses the results from the previous month. Its stupid. I get to call Monday and the nurse tells me levels and what the doc wants me to change. It is the only thing I dont like, though. Other than that I love him and the whole staff.

(11-07-2014, 05:32 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  FWIW, Eve, my doctor does the same thing. I go in, they take blood and then he discusses the results from the previous month. Its stupid. I get to call Monday and the nurse tells me levels and what the doc wants me to change. It is the only thing I dont like, though. Other than that I love him and the whole staff.

With mine I have labwork done locally, go in after the results come in to discuss them and get more scripts, he writes me a order for labwork for 3 months from then. Rinse and repeat.

It's really nice since it's a long drive to get there.

OK so I finally get a call back Rolleyes

She apparently will prescribe 200mg spiro and .50 dutasteride..... BUT she says she cant find gel, now apparently doesnt like patches and she is only comfortable with prescribing 4mg oral E a dayRolleyes

So WTF??? I ask the nurse, I mean I told you Im on 12-14mg E a day and my labs are "great" right???

I said I'll take that prescription but can you ask her if I can get a referral to another endo or doc that might be more comfortable treating me???

Yes apparently she has one in mind at least... Gotta get ready here and go get the lab work, letter and hopefully the scripts will be ready at Wal-Mart.... Hope they have spiro and dutas for a reasonable price... I know the E at least is cheap...

Also I asked her for a prescription for EMLA creme for my face when I do the electrolysis.. NO she says RolleyesAngry

(11-07-2014, 05:18 PM)SarahSchilling Wrote:  

Clara

Just to correct, the finasteride is what's more expensive prescribed than it is online. Spiro and E are both really cheap prescribed.

My E is 59 pg/ml btw, and my doctor seemed to think it was fine. I even asked him "isn't that low" and he said it fluctuates and since my T was so low at 30 ng/dl that the E would continue to climb. I usually take 4-5mg sublingually daily.

I think I'll get him to drop the finasteride since its so expensive, and raise the E or the spiro dose though. I need to email him.

Sorry you're having issues with your doctor and scripts Eva, I know that can be really frustrating.

Well she prescribed Avodart, Wal-Mart says $150.00 for that one Rolleyes Definitely cheaper online... We'll see about the spiro....

(11-07-2014, 05:32 PM)Samantha Rogers Wrote:  FWIW, Eve, my doctor does the same thing. I go in, they take blood and then he discusses the results from the previous month. Its stupid. I get to call Monday and the nurse tells me levels and what the doc wants me to change. It is the only thing I dont like, though. Other than that I love him and the whole staff.

Im very interested in getting a referral to this other doc her nurse mentioned... Wont be leaving her office today without one.... They may be glad to see "that bitch" GO!!!! Tongue

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon