Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Testosterone 101

(27-03-2014, 02:05 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(27-03-2014, 02:00 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Before going any further I should apologize, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer. Smile

Huh

Questions about T.

(27-03-2014, 02:20 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  
(27-03-2014, 02:05 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(27-03-2014, 02:00 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Before going any further I should apologize, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer. Smile

Huh

Questions about T.

My brain is frazzled Rolleyes

So I'm trying to breakdown how T can help you with NBE, yes that sounds crazy right?. Defeating T was my primary concern before I understood how DHT was the bigger culprit effecting growth.

I would say we have a better handle understanding how Aromatase works now then we do Free T. As I was saying on Miranda's thread before I pooped in it was I think Free T should be maintained for the conversion of T to E more than T to DHT.

Ok, so while that percolates in your brain ponder this one, we haven't even talked about 5 alpha reductase or 5-ar as you see it here referred too. (Ok so don't jump overboard yet) Rolleyes

(28-03-2014, 03:54 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  So I'm trying to breakdown how T can help you with NBE, yes that sounds crazy right?. Defeating T was my primary concern before I understood how DHT was the bigger culprit effecting growth.

I would say we have a better handle understanding how Aromatase works now then we do Free T. As I was saying on Miranda's thread before I pooped in it was I think Free T should be maintained for the conversion of T to E more than T to DHT.

Ok, so while that percolates in your brain ponder this one, we haven't even talked about 5 alpha reductase or 5-ar as you see it here referred too. (Ok so don't jump overboard yet) Rolleyes

So basically don't stop T , but stop DHT . Am I barking up the right tree ?

(28-03-2014, 04:01 AM)myboobs Wrote:  
(28-03-2014, 03:54 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  So I'm trying to breakdown how T can help you with NBE, yes that sounds crazy right?. Defeating T was my primary concern before I understood how DHT was the bigger culprit effecting growth.

Don't stop Free T,

I tried to find a pie chart on testosterone, this one will have to do for now, Peggy can find us one (Peggy please) Blush

The blue is representative of Total T and the pink is Free T:

And thank you mb, I didn't want to talk about 5-ar anyways! Tongue

(28-03-2014, 04:18 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  
(28-03-2014, 04:01 AM)myboobs Wrote:  

Don't stop Free T,

I tried to find a pie chart on testosterone, this one will have to do for now, Peggy can find us one (Peggy please) Blush

The blue is representative of Total T and the pink is Free T:

And thank you mb, I didn't want to talk about 5-ar anyways! Tongue

Yes mb, preventing the conversion of DHT from Free T should be the primary goal.

Yes I'm crazy! Wink

I'll give you an example of a similar process and it involves Nettle Root, although the process of NR can be confusing it works by increasing Free T and Estrogen at the same time. Take for instance this explanation of Nettle Roots action:

Nettle root can interfere with or block a number these hormone-related chemical processes in the body that are implicated in the development of BPH. In clinical research, nettle has demonstrated the ability to stop the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (by inhibiting aromatase, an enzyme required for the conversion), as well as to directly bind to SHBG itself - thereby preventing SHBG from binding to other hormones. Other research also reveals that nettles can prevent SHBG that has already bound to a hormone from attaching to the receptor sites on the prostate, as well as to decrease the production of estrogens (estradiol and estrone) by inhibiting an enzyme required for their production. The effect of nettle root on dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels has also made it a treatment for hair loss, as male pattern balding has often been linked to an excess of DHT, as has hair loss in women too.

Sounds like a NBE gold mine right?

Don't forget the purpose again of that 2% and using it to convert to E, you'll need something in the way of White Peony to do that though.

(28-03-2014, 05:06 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  Don't forget the purpose again of that 2% and using it to convert to E, you'll need something in the way of White Peony to do that though.

To stop DHT use nettle root , and to help cobert T to E use white peony .

Am i right ?

It takes ages to sink in no wonder I was crap at chemistry and biology Sad
But electronics / engineering / business and I am well away Smile

(28-03-2014, 04:50 AM)~Lotus~ Wrote:  ..... In clinical research, nettle has demonstrated the ability to stop the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (by inhibiting aromatase, an enzyme required for the conversion),

Aromatase mediates the conversion of testosterone to estradiol while 5-alpha reductase mediates the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I'm pretty sure you aren't confused about that difference, but it's a pretty important distinction to make in the context of the present discussion. So, does nettle inhibit aromatase or reductase?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon