Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

New to NBE

I may have misspoken but I think the biggest reason to start out at the starting dose of 1 capsule is to make sure it doesn't cause any unpleasant side-effects. If you get any development from 1 or 2 capsules, that's a bonus. Smile

As far as trying to get results, I think 1,500 mg is a good starting point. Something I would like to add is I experienced my first side-effects from pm after taking 3,000 mg for six or seven weeks, so I think Doodlebug makes a good point about pm having a cumulative effect on the body.

I hope everything works out for you and that you'll soon start noticing some breast development and brain rewiring. Smile

Another thing to consider is that PM is kind of intended for females who already have and are used to more estrogen than testosterone. Your body is the other way around - more testosterone than estrogen. I think flipping the balance is best done slowly even though 500mg probably wont be a dose you stay on for more than a week or two. Flamesabers has a better point though, you could easily overshoot your optimum dose by starting too high even if your body tolerates that much and many of us are doing fine on 1000 - 1500mg daily. I shoot for 1500 most days (500 per dose, 3 doses) but pop two on occasion before bed or in the morning just for variation.

One other thing. You probably wont notice the mental effects all of a sudden. I think most seasoned contributors will tell you that they didn't notice anything changed until they went OFF PM after taking it for a while. That's what happened to me. I didn't notice any changes after starting PM but after taking a pause, I became short and edgy with my wife in about three days and THEN I realized what it was doing to my mood.

By the way, if I came across a little snarky in my earlier post, it wasn't intentional. I was just calling it like I see it but not wanting to sound like I was trying to change your mind. Smile

I have been taking PM now for a week and feel great on it but I have noticed some interesting things. I started with 1 capsule at breakfast, lunch and dinner. After about 3 days I added another capsule at bedtime. After a week now I cant remember a time where I have felt better. I am a logical person and tend to analyze everything and minor changes have a tendency to jump out at me. I have noticed many small changes in myself not to mention others have commented that I seem a lot calmer since I have been taking PM.
I have a question though about frequency of taking PM. After reading through the forum I decided to take my doses spread out throughout the day as people have said it is better to take 4 small doses rather than 2 larger ones. Here is where my question comes in. During the week that I have been taking PM I have not felt any difference in my breasts until the other day when I had a doctors apt. and had to do a fasting lab so by the time I was done at the doctors office it was lunchtime so I took both capsules at the same time. After doing this later that afternoon my breasts and nipples felt tight and sore. This feeling went away by the time I took my capsule at dinner and then again when I went to bed. Noticing this the next day I decided to skip the dose at dinner and take 2 capsules when I went to bed and to my surprise I woke up in the middle of the night with my breasts feeling tender and sore. I also tried this one more time and in all 3 cases when I would take 2 capsules I would have tenderness and more feeling in my breasts. Could this mean that at least for me taking 2 capsules of PM twice a day is better than taking 1 capsule 4 times a day or could this just be a figment of my imagination?

I think there are some who take 1000 mg twice a day. I think for most people, it is a matter of tolerance. Some people suffer withdrawal symptoms of a sort if they go too long between doses. Others, like me, have intestinal issues tolerating PM so spreading the dose throughout the day works better. Unlike some people, I have no issues with back or kidney pain from taking PM at bedtime. Given that hormone levels are highest first thing in the morning, there is some justification to take one big dose in the morning and be done for the day. If it works better for you, I don't think you're hurting anything by taking two larger doses rather than four smaller ones.

Well, there's no right or wrong to this endeavor as of yet so if it's working for you, ...it's working for you. Probably the only things that matter are if your body is reacting adversely and that you're not spending more than necessary to get the results you're after. However, I wouldn't say that the absence or presence of sensations is an accurate indicator of PM working or not working. I know it sounds a little strange, it did to me too when I first heard it but, for example, I don't "feel" my fingernails growing either but I know they are and probably a lot fast than my breasts. I don't always "feel" my breasts growing, in fact, I have sensations far less often than I thought I would when I started NBE but my chest has certainly changed. For me, if I "feel" something happening (which might happen a couple hours every other day) it's like I have a dull headache in my chest. ...Never felt the tingling, itching or many of the other common sensations.

(12-06-2013, 11:56 PM)jjennings1977 Wrote:  Thank you for your welcomes and I just wanted to say I took my first PM today and started running again to stay in shape and after that and a 3 mile run I feel great.

Staying in shape is really important... I started playing ice hockey again..... 10 years ago and dripped 50 pounds and have kept it off.... nothing like getting exercise and being able to knock people down! lol

Knock people down.
Risky I had a cushion bang my nipples wednesdsyand that was ouch
You be careful girl
J

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon