Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

HT's HRT

You're progress is amazing.

You've mentioned that you are taking L-ornithine as well as L-Cartinine. I've been taking L-Cartinine for over a year for an unrelated health issue and was wondering what would be the benefits of adding L-ornithine?

Hi Leggy, the trick with this combination is elevating night time growth hormone. The way it works is to keep L-ornithine dose at 25 - 100mg, I've been taking approx 50mg a day, and L-carnitine at 500mg. Take both before sleep after 3-4 hour fast for best effect. Research article said not to exceed the dosage for L-ornithine + doing this after a short fast or it wont work as well. I'm hitting two months on this combo tomorrow and so far I'm really happy with what its doing.

Most notable effects are lesser need for sleep, quality of sleep being better, slow weight loss even when the only things I'm doing differently is the amino acids and 12-15 hour fast overnight. I haven't added exercise or done much else, other than not eating excess carbs along with it and its working. My surgeon noted my visible weight loss which was bit over one month in so I know its working. I haven't stepped on a scale for a while so no idea how much I've lost but I do feel and look lighter. Also, during this time I haven't lost breast volume, nor thighs, hips or butt curves either.

I'm sure this has been helping with surgery recovery too, I'm taking also GABA, L-tyrosine and MSM to help with growth hormone and growth factors so all these appear to play nicely together. All are on moderate doses so nothing crazy, just timed through the day ending with the L-car & L-orn combo after few hours fast.

Thank you for the information, certainly seems something to consider. With my work hours it is not really possible for me to get 3-4 hrs of fasting before bed, how crucial is that you think? at most I can get 2hrs of fasting before I sleep. I usually take my L-Cartinine just as I wake up then again just before dinner.

The effect of better sleep though certainly seems appealing as I often wake tired. Loosing weight though won't sit well with the wife, haha.

The 3-4 hour fast is crucial, according to the research article, its the thing that makes it work when doses are right. I think i've noted a difference if my fast hasn't been spot on before taking them, but then again no adverse effects either and its definitely working.

Any particular brand suggestions on L-ornithine and L-carnitine for efficacy?

I have no idea about the differencies on those, I just picked NOW foods brand from iHerb, ones that have nothing extra in them. L-carnitine as 500mg capsules, L-ornithine as powder to get the dose right. They have nothing extra, so I guess that's the way to go. Likely they're mostly just generic ones anyway unless its some kind of mix of something.

The powders I have found go down to 1000 mg for a 1/2 teaspoon, or 500 for 1/4. Am I understanding that it would be a pinch of this at 1/5 of the 1/4 teaspoon for 100 mg?

The thing about L-ornithine being on a tiny dose is important.... Firstly, we do not want to get insanely high GH levels, that would be counterproductive and it might have unwanted side effects, and too high dose is very likely to make extremely difficult to sleep well. I've tried higher and its not much fun, I have a very accurate scale for this so I get it right quite easy. I've been on 50-60mg on Ornithine and that seems to work like a charm.

And yes, around 50mg is tiny amount of the stuff. The one I have is nearly all L-ornithine so I thought to aim between 25-100mg.  If you scroll back few pages, I attached the research article to some post, its well worth a read. Smile

This combo is so cool when its coupled with 12-15 hour fast, its slimming me down without any extra exercise or cleaning up diet. Those would make it even more efficient for weight loss but I want it very slow and controlled. Last few days I've had delightful growth pains in my breasts and interestingly, I'm lactating more without doing anything for it other than taking my NBE and eating my oats. I've allowed my breasts almost complete rest since the surgery. Soon I can pump again and wear bras as I'm not far off hitting five weeks post op when I can return to normal with this. Recovery is going so well I should be fine by them.

Otherwise its more of the same, swelling keeps going down, problem spots are still kinda numb but its less each day. I'm going to Helsinki in few hours, I'm meeting the surgeon who does the vocal chord surgeries and tracheas shave. I'm excited, it should work out but I don't know more yet. I've heard very good things said about him so I'm likely in good hands. This surgeon is from middle east but speaks very American souding English with perfect fluency so maybe he grew up in the US? Anyway, I'm seeing him in few hours and hopefully I get good news.

Post op check about body contouring will be done remotely as my favourite surgeon had gotten sick, he had +39C fever yesterday so obviously not going to work today, I hope he gets better soon, we decided that I'll send him a detailed email and take clear pictures of how its going and then we will book three month post op check in person. And that date will likely be when we book the second phase, I would want it right away but it'll likely be late summer when its done.

So much going on all at once. Big Grin

Excellent news on your progress! I am glad that the healing is moving as swiftly as it has!

I did a keyword search in the thread to find the referenced document. Both are no the way to me, just need to source an accurate scale and some small bottles to ptr for a weeks dosage for ease.

Excellent news on your progress! I am glad that the healing is moving as swiftly as it has!

I did a keyword search in the thread to find the referenced document. Both are no the way to me, just need to source an accurate scale and some small bottles to ptr for a weeks dosage for ease.

Safe travels!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon