Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Red Reishi - First Ever Use - Allergic reaction?

If you had any reaction to applying the herb to your skin then do not use that herb, even from a different vendor.  The little bit of the herb got into you blood stream and caused the reaction you describe.  If you do want to try a different vendor, do the same experiment with the lotion + herb on your skin.  Do not take the herb internally without testing it first. And if you do not get a reaction with the new vendor's herb, then maybe try just a little of the herb internally. I personally would steer clear of any herb that I had a bad reaction to.

(09-09-2021, 11:19 PM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  

If you had any reaction to applying the herb to your skin then do not use that herb, even from a different vendor.  The little bit of the herb got into you blood stream and caused the reaction you describe.  If you do want to try a different vendor, do the same experiment with the lotion + herb on your skin.  Do not take the herb internally without testing it first.  And if you do not get a reaction with the new vendor's herb, then maybe try just a little of the herb internally.  I personally would steer clear of any herb that I had a bad reaction to.

I second this.  I am prone to many food allergies.  A dab on the under side of the wrist and wait a couple hours to see if redness or rash.  I do this with any type of seasonings and even prescription meds.  Can't be too careful.

Yea, better be extra careful with this stuff! In the worst case an allergic reaction can make your throat swell so badly you might suffocate and what not. Good idea about testing new stuff topically first.

I have tried to always find out what's the best there is before trying anything new, asking around which ones have been found effective and safe and so on.

I tried the red reishi liquid some time back. It came from a company highly recommended on this site. I took it for several days as directed and wound up with splitting headaches by mid afternoon every day. Even reduction of the dose didn't help.
Our bodies all react differently to things that we put in them.
If you are having that kind of reaction, I would take the hint and throw the stuff out.

Joey

(10-09-2021, 05:54 AM)HelloDiDi Wrote:  Yea, better be extra careful with this stuff! In the worst case an allergic reaction can make your throat swell so badly you might suffocate and what not. Good idea about testing new stuff topically first.

I have tried to always find out what's the best there is before trying anything new, asking around which ones have been found effective and safe and so on.
wow! I didn't know that! 
I went to ER earlier this year as my throat was so massive it was repulsive I looked alien. Got all sorts of tests then they just said it was tonsillitis. It wasn't.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon