Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

A tea question (archive thread)

I almost forgot ,...Morticia, a tea question....
July 25 2007 at 8:39 AM Davilee (Login Davi-lee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like my Mint tea strong also.
Could you tell me how much mint you use per cups of water in your coffee machine.
Do you find that Spearmint in Bulk at a store near you?
Im drinking the mint tea all the time now,I wanted to drink it more before and drink less coffee but now I have a real good incentive to do it.

Author Reply

Morticia (aka moonstruck)
(Login moonstruck61) Re: I almost forgot ,...Morticia, a tea question.... July 25 2007, 9:00 AM

I found someone on ebay that sells it by the pound. It's just raw, ground up spearmint leaves.
They are fresh too, I bought two pounds of it and I could smell it from 8 feet away as I walked up to my porch to get the box UPS dropped off. It was sealed in thick plastic bags but the smell was overpowering.
There's no mistaking it, this is the REAL DEAL and FRESH!

It was DIRT CHEAP too, like $3 per pound. Well worth it. I'm just about out and need to order some more.
It's really good stuff and quite addictive. I have 4-5 cups every night.

I use a cappuccino / espresso machine to make mine.
http://www.mrcoffeestore.com/product_det...COF+ECM250

It's not really for making tea but it strips the tea leaves clean, you get STRONG tea when you do it like this.
I tried the conventional method but it was pretty weak and was messy to make.
This is easy and fast and the tea is as strong as it can be.
It's the brute force tea making method. Anyway, I put little paper filters in the little basket and
put two teaspoons of tea in it to make one cup of tea. I put in three of those pink sweeteners
because I don't like sugar. It's good stuff. Matter of fact, I'm going to go make a cup in about 30 seconds.

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Great! July 26 2007, 6:55 AM

That sounds like a real good deal. I was invoved with flower,veggie and herb farming for quite awhile and I checked out prices among herb farms just to keep up on pricing.
We would get a small growers newsletter that would have lists of going prices for every month.
How does that espresso machine work?
Does it use forced steam to remove the essences from the leaves?
Yeah,that sounds like a good thing.
Right now,Imjust drinking Celestial Seasonings Mint,which has mainly Spearmint and lesser amount of Peppermint and has some clove and orange peel.
I use two tea bags and let it sit and steep for a long time.
Ya know,its as good as coffee (almost),when its really strong.
I stay away from sugars if possible.
Ive started putting some ginger and cumin in it also.
I will write a entry on cumin that ya might find interesting.
The cumin isnt actually very good with mint,its too much of a "savory" taste.
I will have to figure out another blend to use it with.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon