Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Reducing..... (archive thread)

Reducing.....
February 10 2007 at 7:00 PM
Myjourney (Login Myjourney)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this may be a double post, but I wanted info from here and the main forum, just in case some of you guys/gals don’t visit the main one.

I know this is opposite what we are trying to do here, but perhaps in your research you ran across something to help.
Here is my dilemma….my husband has what he calls “man boobs” and he claims even as a skinny teen, he always had a little. Now that he is older with more weight, they are much more pronounced. The running joke for awhile (from him) was that his boobs were bigger than mine. And unfortunately it is probably true WAAAAHHH!!!!
Now, it isn’t a problem with me that his chest is like that, I actually kind of like it, perhaps it is because I lack???? but he hates it. Doesn’t like the way he looks in shirts etc.
So…is there a way to reduce his chest tissue? Exercise doesn’t help except to firm the muscle underneath.
Thanks in advance if any one has info….

Author Reply
tittyboy
(no login) Re: Reducing..... February 10 2007, 8:26 PM

The short answer is no, not naturally. It maybe possible with surgery but even then sometimes it grows back or looks horrible. Sometimes the surgery gives exactly the result you want. Any pectoral exercises will make them look bigger, as the muscle grows it will push out the breast tissue. There are "Gyno" shirts he could wear that would flatten his chest but because of the pressure I don't think that is a healthy alternative. If he just wore one for "special" occasions then it probably would be O.K.. On the other hand, he has you, what else does he need, it sounds like the rest is in his head.

Edit Message Delete Message

tittyboy
(no login) update February 11 2007, 2:57 AM

I saw an article on a Gynocomastia sight that said there an ointment that came in three tubes and that after the 3 tubes were used they recomended you stopped as there were potential dangers. It sounded scarey to me.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) Thank you, February 11 2007, 3:02 AM

A girl on the main page said her Dr. recommended sarsparilla and saw palmetto for her son which worked to reduce. I may try that.

tittyboy
(no login) self esteem February 11 2007, 3:11 AM

I have studied Sil-Lum Kung fu for over 10 years, It is a great way to build self esteem and as a side bar, no one has ever commented on my breast size (to my face anyway!!), though if they did I would engage in an intelligent conversation with anyone. I measure 40D so I know they are noticeable. My Master Instructor once commented to me while I was meditating, he said: "You look a lot like Buddha". Then smiled and walked away. We all respect each other in the class and it is a good thing to do for oneself.

emmie
(Login emmiedee) you mentioned February 11 2007, 4:31 PM

you said that as he put on weight it became more noticable... maybe he can try a different fitness regemine? more aerobics, using the arm bars on the elliptical, etc? i dont know if you have ready access to a gym or something... but maybe getting more active will get him into a shape he is happier and more confident with...?

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) exercise February 11 2007, 4:46 PM

Yaaahhh..he knows that...it is just him deciding to exercise...lol...he works 12 hour days...construction industry...so he is pooped when he gets home, but the work out at work isn't enough to keep the weight off...he also has some bad eating habits. He did always have the boobs even when skinny though...so I was hoping to give him a "boost" by helping to reduce them. I might try massaging those herbs mentioned above on him...if he'll let me...and I am also going to start him on DIM. I did the male hormone test on him and (Dr. Johns) he came out estrogen dominant. No surprise there...so I am going to start buying hormone free meat, and do the DIM. I will keep you guys/gals posted. My results with him may help us see things that we want to avoid to achieve our breast gain...

Although what I am noticing here in the research is that the male body uses the herbs differently. For example, Saw Palmetto has a different effect on men than women...and it all has to do with the way the genders respond to the hormones.
It is quite a science!

tittyboy
(no login) Testsoterone replacement February 11 2007, 5:25 PM

If his pituitary gland is fine, then he will benefit from testosterone therapy. Low testosterone can cause Osteoporosis in men so it is a bigger issue than you may know, My damaged pituitary gland causes me to produce virtually now testosterone. I had tried Testim and Androgel, which did noting as they did not penetrate my skin adequatly. I am now going to have to have a pill placed between my cheek and gum to try to get my testosterone level back up as my body is robbing calcium from my pelvis as there is not enough testosterone to assist that process. One big side effect os any testosterone theray is enhanced breast as the excess testosterone is turned into estrogen. It is a catch 22 situation. He is going to "feel" great, but may have bigger boobs to go with it. Good luck to you, follow thru and learn all the consequences of low testosterone, they are far worse than big boobs.

Myjourney
(Login Myjourney) Testosterone February 11 2007, 9:36 PM

I do not believe he is low in testosterone...I think it is just excess estrogen. But you bring up a good point. I did put him on an herb from India (tongkat ali) which is known for producing testosterone...used for body building, and in some circles for enlargement of the male um...apparatus. In high doses it has shown to have an effect on that. It is very effective for raising testosterone. I had him on a very low dosage of it, to try and balance him out...and he was a cranky mess. It made him almost unbearable to be around...Like he wanted to fight....etc. Picture man in bar that has had too many drinks...beer muscles...type thing??? Anyway, I guess from that experiment I figured he already had quite enough testosterone to begin with...he isn't exactly a passive guy.
But....perhaps the testosterone was being converted into estrogen as you pointed out??? Does estrogen make men edgy like it does women??
So...back to the DIM to get rid of excess estrogen, and Saw Palmetto to help correctly use the testosterone? Or is there something else for men that helps to get the testosterone right???
Thanks for your insight.....it is invaluable...!!!

tittyboy
(no login) Re: Reducing..... February 11 2007, 10:06 PM

yes, estrogen can make a male "whacky", definately. Any hormone can thro you off balance.

tittyboy
(no login) clarification February 12 2007, 3:37 AM

I believe my last statement was overly simplistic. I believe we spend a life conditioned to deal with the hormones we are handed. In my case my pituitary damage caused the decrease in testosterone (to almost none) and cause me to experience some roller coasting in emotions. Of course being in pain and other "life" factors contribute to this. Ultimately he should see an endicronologist and get the blood work to figure out what is going on. Alcohol just plain sucks and that can throw a monkey wrench into the highest quality treatment and intentions any can have. I have decided to live with my breasts and make them look the best they can. I massage them daily and use creams to help their appearance. I also feel that I am now a candidate for breast cancer, it seems only natural that would come with the territory. My wife (20 years together) said to me last week, "they look good to me, I don't see anything wrong".

emmie
(Login emmiedee) maybe February 12 2007, 5:17 PM

maybe if you get some at home fitness stuff, so he doesnt have to feel like he has to go to the gym? like resistance bands, so he can do it while watching tv or something...

i have a set. they rock!

im on a new fitness kick. we will see how long it lasts, but still...

can a doc help him balance out the hormones??
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon