Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Odd experiance with SP

Ok so we all know that SP eliminates the conversion of T to a more portent form of T called DHT. Now one of the things that high DHT does is raise libido among other things. Anyways i was planning on taking a short brake from hops for my receptors to rejuvenate and take SP extract to keep the T levels down before I continue hops again. and instead of it reducing my T levels, my libido is through the roof! before when i used to take SP it completely shut my libido like no body's business and now its doing the exact opposite. Any ideas anybody? im taking around 360 mg.

Hops also blocks T from becoming DHT. Depending on how much you take, probably more than only 360 mg of SP.

Another question I have is when SP does its job by eliminating the conversion of T to DHT, what happens to the Testosterone that was gonna get converted to DHT? am i just gonna have more of the free T circulating through my system or does it expire as soon as SP hits? any ideas. The reason why I'm asking this is because if the T stops being converted to DHT doesn't more of it accumulate in my system and causes more muscle growth since muscles are the only tissue that responds to regular Testosterone?

Wikipedia is your friend...

"In men, approximately 5% of testosterone undergoes 5α-reduction to form the more potent androgen, dihydrotestosterone. DHT has three times greater affinity for androgen receptors than testosterone and has 15-30 times greater affinity than adrenal androgens."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrotestosterone

Do not worry about T, worry about DHT. SP is supposed to block the production of DHT. With only 5% of T being converted, I would not panic too much about having T increase by 5%.

Beverley

It is said that excess T is converted to estrogens, via the aromatase path, so therefore making extra T available is actually a good thing if it happens at the same time as stopping T from blocking the estrogen receptors.

Beverly rose and pansy - mae your both responses make a lot of sense. Thank you so much for replying and explaining this. I appreciate it. if only 5 percent of it being converted to DHT it is much less worse than i expected. wow. thank you guys. By the way the reason why the SP didn't work at first is because i was opening up the capsules and dumping the contents in a spoon then eating it like that thinking it would get into the bloodstream more effectively. Well, I was wrong. for some reason swallowing the capsule as is is much more effective. I don't know why. But it works better that waySmile

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon