Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE (archive thread)

DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE
May 18 2007 at 10:01 PM Fennel Fairy (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONG QUAI SUPRESSES ESTRADIOL IN THE BODY

Dong quai (Angelica sinenis) produced very low estradiol in a medical test and may actually suppress this type of estrogen. Read the part of the report called "discussion":

http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...#progestin

Graphs:
http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...l#herbfig4

DONG QUAI INCREASES THE AMOUNT OF CIRCULATING TESTOSTERONE:

Although many 'Breast Enhancement' companies will tell you that circulating testosterone doesn't affect breast growth, and will even add ingredients to increase the amount (avena sativa and dong quai) for libido enhancement, for some women, this simply is not true. Testosterone strongly affects breast tissue. It is testosterone surges that destroy the prototype mammary gland cells in fetuses and newborns and prevents human males from developing functioning mammary glands.

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE May 18 2007, 10:56 PM

HEY!

I just thought of something. Since some NBE formulas have dong quai in the pill, this study result would suggest that those pills wouldn't work at all for girls who have excess androgens or PCOS. May in fact make their hormonal disorder worse. Those who would have success with those particular NBE pills would be the estrogen dominant.

And the biological males who are trying to grow boobs... It might be like rowing upstreams to take dong quai together with other estrogenic herbs.

Fennel
(no login) Re: DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE May 18 2007, 11:25 PM

Oh, and those biological males who have developed Gynecomastia might also benefit from this herb since they already convert some of their testosterone to estrogen because of this unwanted or wanted "disorder". In that case, more circulating testosterone could mean more estrogen if it wasn't for the fact that it seems to supress estrogen according to this study. I guess the success rate of the herb for biological males with Gyne depends on the severeness of the Gyne and amount of herb consumed.

Verdict: Those who will not benefit from using Dong Quai are probably women with excess androgens and healthy biological males. Those who might benefit would be estrogen dominant women and guys with Gyne.

Sorry about rambling. None of this probably makes any sense to anyone. I swear I haven't smoked weed! :-)

Moonstruck
(Login moonstruck61) Re: DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE May 19 2007, 12:05 AM

Makes sense to me! ;-)

----------------------
I'll be frank with you. I would rather be Jane, but for now, I'll be frank... ;-)

Ta Ta's! ( . )( . )

stefanie
(Login stefanie_ss) Re: DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE May 19 2007, 1:08 AM

i read that too.

Blu-Jay
(no login) Re: DONG QUAI - Maybe not so good for NBE May 19 2007, 9:50 PM

Yes! I had hinted to Takkie to drop the DQ in a post a while ago. I had read an article like that once before.

Blu-Jay
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon