Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Question of when and how long to 'break' (archive thread)

Question of when and how long to 'break'
August 19 2007 at 4:08 AM Anon (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Program (daily):
1800mg SP
1720mg Red Clover
2440mg Fenugreek

How do I determine 'when' and 'how long' a break should occur? Should Mile Thistle be used during this time?

Thanks!

PS: Gotta find some Fennel seed for adding to meals. I hope it tastes good.

Author Reply
Fennel Fairy
(no login) Re: Question of when and how long to 'break' August 19 2007, 9:18 AM

No one really knows how long breaks should be, but as a general rule I guess the more stuff you take the longer the break should be. Since you aren't consuming a particularly large amount of herbs, you don't need long breaks. Perhaps it would be enough if you used herbs for two months, then took a week break or something like that. Or 3 months of herbs and a week or 1½ break. Milk thistle is good to use during the cleaning week, as well as cranberry juice.

Edit Message Delete Message

Cecilia
(Login Ceciliaptgirl) I've been wondering the same August 19 2007, 4:28 PM

I am on a pretty similar routine and it is working very well. I hate to mess with a good thing. So I do not know if I should even break unless I see that I am stalling. The amounts I am taking do not seem to have a lot of side effects other than what they are supposed to achieve under my nipples. And it is slow and steady. Could I be possibly be hurting more than helping by taking a break?

Sincerely - and with love,

Ceciliaptgirl

Fennel Fairy
(no login) Breaking is not to prevent stalling August 19 2007, 4:36 PM

You take a break to protect your liver from overload. If you give your liver a break here and there it can process your herbs better when you start taking them again so they will have better effect, at the same time as your liver stays healthy.

Stalling is prevented by finding the right dose that is not too high but still lets you grow.

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Question of when and how long to 'break' August 20 2007, 7:57 PM

It looks like I'll be taking a break soon from BO..

I was taking 12 caps a day for a few months. Then about a week ago I cut that in half to 6 a day.
I still haven't gotten my order in from DNE yet so today I again cut it to 3 per day..
But, I started taking PABA and am on my way to the store to find some Whey Protein mix.

At only 1/3 of what I was taking it looks like I have enough to go two more weeks.. Sad

I really, really, really don't look forward to running out. When I was doing the herbals and took a break from them I went into full tilt psycho bitch mode. Last week when I cut my whore-moans in half I got a little unstable but not real bad. I'm sure this week and next is going to be very interesting though as I've cut waaaay down.

After that, oh no....

Davilee
(Login Davi-lee) Re: Question of when and how long to 'break' August 20 2007, 11:09 PM

Well,from what I know about the effects of milk thistle, you need to take 600-750mg of standardized extract....
And if your liver is working properly you shouldnt have to take breaks,I mean,the break is for a situation where your liver is not processing properly in the first place...
I can see that with someone thats on the strong,synthetics....the overdoses they are getting can overwhelm the liver and kidneys if they arent toned up.
The breaks are probably more useful for resting cell receptors,..as you go along with the hormones you will increase cell receptors and thusly their ability to utilize more hormones efficiently.
But If your liver is working top notch,then I dont see why you'd have to worry about the gentler hormones of phytoestrogens.
Other problems of the liver are bad fats toxicity and improper fats metabolism.
Soy lecithin is good for that,it helps emulsify fats.

Turmeric is a liver conditioner also.

All Im worried about right now is my aching head, aching belly and back at this time of the month....Maybe I should take more of my EPO.....

Anon
(no login) Soy lecithin August 21 2007, 2:58 AM

Oh good! I have been on that for years, as well as Vit E. Maybe there is hope for me.

mbe
(Login mbe1) Re: Question of when and how long to 'break' August 21 2007, 8:18 AM

The longest break I have taken has been three weeks, which I did around my 7th month on NBE. It was very difficult to stop because I was afraid I would lose all of my progress. But my breasts did not shrink so my paranoia was pointless.

I normally try to skip taking supplements or applying a breast cream over a 36 hour period each week to give my body a chance to rest from the constant intake. And I have taken a week off here and there. (It also helps to stretch the cost of supplements.)

I agree with a constant theme here, that we are all experimenting and that individual results vary. But I firmly believe my breasts will continue to grow and that a break here and there will not stop my progress and may enhance my efforts.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon