Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Thread Closed

Spearmint does appear to be working! (archive thread)

Spearmint does appear to be working!
June 20 2007 at 7:56 PM
Many me (Login moonstruck61)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I've been drinking a lot of STRONG spearmint tea lately and I think it IS working.
I use an epilator to rid myself of that nasty old body hair. Previously I would need to use it everyday, at most, every other day.

For the past few weeks I've been drinking 3-4 cups of extremely strong tea every evening.
I put three teaspoons of tea leaves in my espresso machine and let me tell you, it's strong!
The smell of it as it brews will knock you over! But, despite the powerful smell, it tastes GOOD!
I LIKE it! Of course I'm weird, I love Altoids, I could eat them all day.
I've given some Altoids to people before and they spit them out and CRIED that it burned their mouth! What a bunch of sissies!

Anyway, I like the strong spearmint tea.. And making it in the espresso machine ensures that 100% of it's "stuff" is transfered from the leave to my cup. No waste.

I've noticed that the hair that was coming back DAILY is now coming back much slower. I can go several days without the epilator now. I'm thinking that if I continue with this routine that over time I should be able to reduce the hair to a manageable level.
Longer time between "cleanings" would be super! And I think that it will eventually make what does come back finer/lighter.

Bottom line, I do believe that the claims of it reducing body hair growth are accurate. It takes time and persistence though.

Author Reply

Blu-Jay
(Login Blu-Jay) HEY! MANY YOU June 20 2007, 8:42 PM

That's good news that it's working for you.
I like alot of the herbal teas, even the ones that don't taste so great, like stinging nettle. I drink the nettle tea a fair bit because it's an anti-androgen.
By the way what are ALTOIDS?
Good luck with your hair removal mission!

Blu-Jay

Many me
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Spearmint does appear to be working! June 20 2007, 10:32 PM

Next time you are at the store, look at the check out lane where they keep the candy.
They are little red & white tins about the size of a pack of cigarettes.
Their slogan is "The Original Celebrated Curiously Strong (insert flavor here) Mints"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altoids
&
http://www.altoids.com

I assure you, when they say strong, they darn well mean it. They WILL burn your mouth.
They are so strong that it's like eating peppers. I like the peppermint ones best.
Try some sometime.

And check out their home page, I was surprised at what came up. You will be too..

As for the nettle tea, where can you find that?
Around here all they have is Lipton and you basics, nothing exotic like that for sure!

Blu-Jay
(Login Blu-Jay) Stinging Nettle June 21 2007, 2:41 AM

Stinging Nettle should be available at any health food store. You can order it online too. It comes as tea,capsules or you can get it in bulk. Up here I can practically get it anywhere that sell healthfoods and vitamins.
Stinging Nettle also grows wild in most of the US,Canada and europe. If you know what you're looking for you can even pick it. The problem with that is,if you touch the plant you will get stung. Hence the name Stinging Nettle,But the medicinal uses of the plant/root are fantastic.
Here is a website with all kinds of interesting info about all kinds of herbs. The web site is from Austin Texas.
www.herbalgram.org/new-chapt...arch.asp?p=1&s=Stinging+Nettle&m=all
There is an article about sawpalmetto,nettle and pygeum for male pattern baldness.Below that is another article about the same herbs for the Prostrate.

Here is a place you can order the herbs from.
All their products are Organic and the prices are quite reasonable for the organics.

www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/n.php.
They are based in Oregon. the adress I gave you should take you right to the herbs starting with the letter N. Scroll down to Nettle (not stinging nettle)

You might find their site quite interesting.
What I like about them is they have a good selection and it's all organic.NO PESTICIDES
Hope this helps.

Blu-Jay

Morticia
(Login moonstruck61) Re: Spearmint does appear to be working! June 21 2007, 6:02 AM

Follow up on original post.

My eyes are not what they used to be. I couldn't really SEE any hair on my legs and a little on my torso area.
I ran my hand on my legs and I could feel what I *thought* was a little hair.
Ok fine. So I decide to use the epilator tonight, it's been a few days, I guess last time was this past weekend, I can't remember for sure.

So I sit down, turn on the bright light so I can see better and go at it. Wow! I could feel a lot coming out. The epilator has a light to help you see what you are doing, so I bend down a little closer and look carefully. Upon close inspection under a bright light and the epilator light I could see there was a lot of hair on my legs. But it was so fine that I had trouble seeing it and it didn't FEEL like it was that much there. Because it didn't feel to be as much as was actually there, I would have to say that this is progress.
The hair that's coming in now would probably compare to any other womans legs.
I remember my ex wife used to shave her legs and that was horrible. Her legs were like two cactus's in the desert.
I looked good right after she shaved but in a day or two it felt terrible and you could really see it.
So actually, I'm doing better on this than she did or does. I hope that in time, it will simply go away or will become so fine that I won't have to worry about it. I'm not going to relent, I'm going to keep at it.
I like the results I've achieved in the past 6 months. My body IS changing and it's slowly, slowly starting to come into alignment with my mind, it's starting to be what it should be. There's still a long way to go but I'm on the way there, no doubts.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon