Poll: continual or breaks - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
continual (no stopping)
25.00%
25.00%
breaks (3-4weeks on with 1 week off)
33.33%
33.33%
breaks (3-4months on with 1 week off)
33.33%
33.33%
other (please explain)
8.33%
8.33%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

continual vs. breaks

In the course of my research into the topic of breast growth I've come along conflicting information.

In the topic of natural women going through puberty (what many biological males have to recreate in order to stimulate certain body changes) hormones are released in about 21 to 28 day cycles, where the body takes a break for about 3 to 7 days. Then just starts back up again. This also will become the same pattern for the females natural menstrual cycle.

In the topic of general body growth (applying to both men and women) natural chemicals such as GABA are released into the system on 98 to 112 day cycles, again with 3 to 7 day break, and starts back up. Granted that this cycle continues in “normal” people up until the age of 35-40 (depending on diet, exercise, sleep patterns, etc...)

finally what I have observed in posts on this site is to take both herbs, and hormones daily to facilitate consistent growth. But wouldn't this lend to climatization (the body just getting used to it).

So the question is: which is better continual, or taking breaks( and if so which to emulate female menstrual cycle on a track of about 3 weeks on with a week break, or 3 to 4 months on with a 1 week off pattern simulating natural growth hormones)

Hi,
I've asked myself much the same questions in the past and come up with no hard and fast answer. I'm still torn between two thoughts and as a result I change my mind with the weather! LOL
For a while I was convinced by the "3 weeks on, 1 week off" argument, but I took it a stage further and tapered down to the 'off' point and then started again on full dose for a few days before slowly dropping. However, then I read a good paper, by a doctor, which as a side issue to the main topic pointed out that in girls going through puberty much of the breast development takes place before periods start and up to that point there is no significant hormone fluctuation, although the quantity produced does increase. Once periods start then so does progesterone production and the whole complicated cyclical level thing ( which varies from hormone to hormone at different times of the month).
So at the moment, I take my standard 2000mg PM per day ( plus SP) every day, but at roughly monthly intervals I halve it for a day or two. I can't be sure but when I go back on the full dose I feel as though there is some increased activity.
On the subject of GABA etc. I started off with GABA and PABA daily.
I dropped the PABA when my first lot ran out and didn't notice any difference. I continued with the GABA for at least 6months, but for a totally unconnected reason, I had a couple of weeks break after about 3 months and I also stopped taking it a couple of weeks ago. However last night I did actually take it again and when I looked in the mirror as I got up, I was half convinced that something has happened in the night, growth-wise. Now, I've also just realised that the break I had at 3 months, which coincided with a break in PM and SP ( all due to a holiday) was when my 'growing pains' started - whilst laying on a sunbed by a hotel pool!)

I had never previously seen anything suggesting that GABA is also naturally produced cyclically, but then this morning I get up and read your post, after thinking that the break had done something! So perhaps there is something in this theory. I think in the light of this, I'm going to consider monthly PM reductions and a GABA break every 3 months.

after just reading though my initial post to this thread a few times I realize that: maybe my research is not as complete (with respect to which to emulate and why) as it could be.

In other words I am interested in: has anyone here found additionally interesting (or even conflicting) information about this continual vs breaks dilemma?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon