Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair removal

(28-12-2012, 06:39 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  I just wish their was a method that didn't involve any of the following.

Pain
High Expense
Skin Irritation
Long Periods of vastly extended use
Scams

And one that works on Everyone first try.

Me too. Along with that Kate Upton pill that I'd buy for a dollar Big Grin

B.

(29-12-2012, 02:09 AM)bryony Wrote:  
(28-12-2012, 06:39 AM)Lenneth Wrote:  I just wish their was a method that didn't involve any of the following.

Pain
High Expense
Skin Irritation
Long Periods of vastly extended use
Scams

And one that works on Everyone first try.

Me too. Along with that Kate Upton pill that I'd buy for a dollar Big Grin

B.

If you got the Kate Upton pill, wouldn't you no longer have to deal with removing body hair? Tongue

Hehe, that comment quickly conjured an image of a hairy Kate Upton. If possible, you'd better spend another dollar for the body-hair-free option.

(29-12-2012, 05:45 AM)PattiJT Wrote:  Hehe, that comment quickly conjured an image of a hairy Kate Upton. If possible, you'd better spend another dollar for the body-hair-free option.

ugh, a mental image from hell....

FYI this stuff works like it says on the can.

http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/products/...-shave-gel

^ Really? Ugh, that stuff sounds amazing! I should try it. It'll go good with the Schick Hydro 5 I plan to get. :3 (Yes, I've actually found that men's razors work waaayyyyyy better than women's! Haha!) I have a Titanium Quattro right now, and LOVE it, but I heard the Hydro 5 blows it away, so I definitely want to make the switch!

Gelette's actually shave the best, but the blade cost will leave your wallet smoking.

I currently use the Hydro 5 but it doesn't give anywhere near as close of a shave as a Fusion Proglide Power, but the Gelette blades are 2x the price and last half as many shaves....Angry

the Gelette i mean is this one: http://www.gillette.com/en/us/Products/R...glide.aspx

I too use the Hydro 5 and have to use it almost every second or third day if I want my entire body to stay smooth. Does a good job and not too expensive.

But once I'm done with my face, I'm getting laser, especially on my mid section. I hate having a thick snail trail.

(06-11-2010, 06:06 AM)Teeny Wrote:  One of the worst experiences of my life was on of those epillators. Omg it felt like I was on fire as it ripped my hairs out!

I found those hair removal creams have been fairly effective, and you can get nice smelling ones now. Just be careful not to leave them on longer than they recommend...I fell asleep with it on once and discovered it can give you some delicious chemical burns!

I had the same experience the first time I tried an epilator. But I gradually learned how to use it and now experience zero pain when I use it on my breasts. You should first shave your chest, and after the hair has had a few days to grow back use the epilator. Your skin should be very dry. I have found that coating the area with talcum powder reduces the friction and makes for a smooth and painless epilating session.

I have used depilatory creams, but had problems with burns, and also the hair grew back within a few days. It's not much better than shaving in that regard. With an epilator you will be hair free for 10-14 days and your breasts will be silky smooth to the touch. There may be some irritation the first times you use it, but the skin will get used to it. And when the hair grows back it doesn't do so all at once, and the hairs come in fine and soft. No stubble. There is nothing like the silky smooth breasts you get with an epilator!

(31-12-2012, 01:40 AM)Wuerstchen Wrote:  I have used depilatory creams, but had problems with burns, and also the hair grew back within a few days. It's not much better than shaving in that regard. With an epilator you will be hair free for 10-14 days and your breasts will be silky smooth to the touch. There may be some irritation the first times you use it, but the skin will get used to it. And when the hair grows back it doesn't do so all at once, and the hairs come in fine and soft. No stubble. There is nothing like the silky smooth breasts you get with an epilator!

I use the cream on my facial hair. Since I'm female, my hair is very fine and thin (which I am SO lucky for, since I'm Italian so all my hair is BLACK!) The cream worked VERY well the first time, and I was silky smooth for over a month! Now, though, it only lasts about a week or two, but that's still longer than shaving! I also have to be sure to get the gentle formula, because I've gotten pretty bad chemical burns from this stuff before. >.> The directions say to leave it on for 4 minutes, but when I first started using this stuff years ago, the directions said 8 minutes max, so I just stick to that and don't have any problems. None of my hair comes off at just 4 minutes. I haven't found a cream yet that works well on my entire body, which is why I continue to shave. Nair works a lot better now than it did ten years ago, and it actually WORKS, but lasts maybe a day longer than shaving. At $6 for a bottle that lasts a few uses, it's totally not worth it.

This is what I use on my face:
[Image: SBS-455000?wid=225&hei=225&fmt=jpeg,rgb&...iccEmbed=0]
(Remember, get the GENTLE formula!)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon