Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

solanum xanthocarpum berries - Another Anti-Androgen?

Interesting find, as I was looking at how Androcur aka  cyproterone acetate

I found the raw material is obtain from 

• Conventional synthesis starts from solasodine of formula (A) 
    [Image: US20040024230A1-20040205-C00002.png]

• [0006]
    which can be extracted from leaves of the tropic plant Solanum laciniatum
Which then led me to this study - 

[b]Antispermatogenic/antiandrogenic properties of solasodine (C27H43O2N) obtained from solanum xanthocarpum berries on the male genital tract of dog (Canis-familiaris). A histophysiological approach[/b]

I found a link to purchase here, I think I’m going to give it a go, it seems possible to perhaps try both varieties as the one listed in the extraction patient didn’t mention the one above, but they are from the same Kingdom, so.. 

Also here is a study on Rats fed the stuff, I’ll look more into it, but I feel someone such as lotus can make sense of it quicker than I, and perhaps really know if it’s something worth considering in NBE.

So as I dig deeper the Nightshade family has some very powerful anti-androgen properties. 

Here is a article where they put it up against finasteride  

5 Alpha-Reductase Inhibitory Potential of Solanum nigrum Effective for Management of Alopecia

Potent 5a Reductase
Solanum nigrum  methanolic  extract

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon