Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Vibrator Caught Installing Malware via USB

Store Bought Vibrator Caught Installing Malware via USB

The vibrator, Spencer’s Sexology Pussy Power 8-Function Rechargeable Bullet Vibrator, was infected with an information stealer known as Lumma. Lumma steals information from cryptocurrency wallets and browser extensions, as well as two-factor authentication details.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/blog/news/2...nformation

Bit of a reminder that it's generally best to charge USB devices by plugging them into an AC socket in the wall rather than into a computer or laptop.

[unnecessary quoting removed]

i bet that applies to lots of usb chargable devices! Angry

Applies to anything that connects via USB, even those that don't charge. Especially USB memory sticks.

on a lighter note, its ironic that a sex toy passes on a virus!!, so much for safer sex ... Big Grin

Maybe we should all just use a wall outlet usb charger for all these devices. I am old fashioned, I like vibrators that use regular batteries or the big wand that plugs into the wall.

(27-02-2024, 09:18 AM)Lady Charlotte Wrote:  [unnecessary quoting removed]

on a lighter note, its ironic that a sex toy passes on a virus!!, so much for safer sex ... Big Grin

Funny thing is, there is such a thing as "USB condoms" to help prevent these issues.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/flying-thi...s-outlets/

(27-02-2024, 12:32 PM)Kay Lady Wrote:  Maybe we should all just use a wall outlet usb charger for all these devices. I am old fashioned, I like vibrators that use regular batteries or the big wand that plugs into the wall.

I prefer wall outlet charging for just about anything (it's usually a lot faster).

(27-02-2024, 03:41 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(27-02-2024, 12:32 PM)Kay Lady Wrote:  Maybe we should all just use a wall outlet usb charger for all these devices. I am old fashioned, I like vibrators that use regular batteries or the big wand that plugs into the wall.

I prefer wall outlet charging for just about anything (it's usually a lot faster).
BTW in many public places there are free (or paid-for) USB-A connectors for charging. One should be equally careful with those. The simplest solution is to have a small "USB condom" (A male-female connector which blocks data lines), or a charging-only cable which has only power wires connected.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon