Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hair removal Topical Cyperus Rotundus oil

I've heard good things about this, especially if you are adverse to razors ow, Epilators OW!, ILP How much?!?!?
Well you get my drift.

Thing is being UK based, it seems impossible to get hold off at anything approaching a sensible price point. Google isn't being very helpful.

Everything I've seen seems to be based from Huawei and has a truly astronomical shipping price tag.

Does anyone here have any suggestions, maybe something I've missed on my searching that would let me give this a go without breaking the bank for a tiny little bottle.

Here is a case study showing its effectiveness.

https://academic.oup.com/asj/article/34/...ogin=false

Now I want some. Looks awesome

I have an update!

(remember it's UK based)

https://napiers.net/products/nutgrass-rh...2753678536

Description
A herbal food supplement
BOTANICAL NAME
Cyperus rotundus
COMMON NAMES
Nutgrass Rhizome, Xiang Fu
FAMILY
Cyperaceae
Extracts such as tinctures or essences offer a convenient alternative to herbal teas. Many are used in food, food supplements, cosmetics and as an ingredient by herbalists in bespoke formulas.
Ingredients:
Cyperus rotundus extracted in sugar beet ethanol (alcohol). The part used is the rhizome. The strength is 1:3 25%.
Directions:
Adults: Take up to 4 ml (80 drops), 3 times a day in a little water, unless otherwise told by a qualified herbal medicine practitioner. This amount may be added to cold or warm water, juice or another drink. Build the dose up gradually.
Cautions:
Contains alcohol. Not all herbs are suitable in pregnancy, breastfeeding or for young children, or if you are unwell, or taking any medication. If in doubt, please ask us, your medical herbalist or healthcare practitioner. This product is not intended for use by a person under the age of 18. May have additive effects with anticoagulant medication.
--
[b]This seems to indicate that they want you to drink it though. Perhaps could add the drops into a carrier like baby oil or something and try it topically?[/b]

Ordered, I'd welcome suggestions on how best to apply though from anyone Smile

Nutgrass Rhizome Tincture how to apply for best effect

This is the alternative name for (Cyperus rotundus)
I've managed to get this from a UK site at a price point that's at least 5x less than getting the oil shipped in from Australia so worth a shot I feel.
https://napiers.net/products/nutgrass-rh...4076042440
It's a tincture rather than an oil though, so I don't quite know the best way to apply it. It says the strength is The strength is 1:3 25%.
The suggested usage seems to be to drink it in water, but I don't think this is for hair reduction effects but something else it must be used for too.
Being alcohol based, if I just dropper some onto bare skin It'll likely just evaporate very fast, is there something I could do like add some to baby oil or Nivea cream or something else to enable it to last long enough to apply like an oil.

Given the strength, I wonder the best ratio of drops to carrier oil/cream. I'd welcome any advice here.

(20-02-2024, 02:30 PM)LisaM Wrote:  Nutgrass Rhizome Tincture how to apply for best effect

This is the alternative name for (Cyprus rotundus)
I've managed to get this from a UK site at a price point that's at least 5x less than getting the oil shipped in from Australia so worth a shot I feel.
https://napiers.net/products/nutgrass-rh...4076042440
I have wondered this with tinctures: The scientific evidence is based on use of oil. However, because oils are alcohol-soluble, the "good stuff" should be also in the tincture - but strength is unknown. On the other side, alcohol solutions are generally better absorbed to the skin compared with oils. So this might go both ways, being better or not as good. The only way is to try and see.

Basically, the hair should be first "pulled out" = epilated, waxed or removed "to the root" similar way, not shaved, and then Cyprus Rotundus stuff is applied, entering the hair follicles and preventing re-growth. I believe the tincture should work well, but alcohol will dry the skin by removing natural oils. My bet is therefore that it is best to apply the tincture, and after that apply a humidifying "fatty" cream to protect skin from drying. (Alcohol might sting a bit when applied on freshly-epilated skin)

The above is just my thoughts, and I might be wrong, as this is pretty unproved area today. I only base my thoughts on my general knowledge how this kind of stuff may work.

-Teddy

[unnecessary quoting removed]

Hrmm food for thought. Thanks for that.

I do have baby oil or Aloe Vera Gel that I could apply afterwards, I may try that as a first attempt and see how things progress, once of course the thing actually arrives!

Just had an idea!

I have unused perfume atomisers, I may put some in that and apply it that way, with something soothing afterwards.

(21-02-2024, 07:37 PM)LisaM Wrote:  Just had an idea!

I have unused perfume atomisers, I may put some in that and apply it that way, with something soothing afterwards.

Well, it arrived.... eventually.

The bottle itself has like a splash on cologne type lid so it's actually quite easy to shake a few drops out into your hand and then apply.

I've been using it now for about 4 days, on a few test areas to see if it is the right stuff.
It's an alcohol based tincture that has a slight sugar beet smell (the alcohol) and then a quite faint 'earthy' smell so hopefully it's the correct herb and not the other one (forget the name) that doesn't do anything.

I'm applying it on armpits, upper chest/breast area and back of my hands, and I'll see over the next month or so if growth has slowed/stopped.
application twice daily, once first thing, and once last thing, I'm shaving the areas every few days to keep the follicles clear so the tincture can penetrate
Thankfully it doesn't sting when applying, and it lasts long enough to be able to rub it in without evaporating.

Hopefully by the time the warmer weather comes I won't have a stubbly chest and I'll be able to wear vests without having razor bumps/ingrown hairs/redness. Fingers crossed Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the end I decided to use a perfume atomiser to try and decrease the amount being used as it's going down quite quickly. I can see I'll need to order the next size up shortly. (250ml) the 100ml bottle isn't going to last very long.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon