Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Suggestions or input for gender identity therapy

Hello everyone I just wanted everyone's input or suggestions on therapy. This may be a bit personal but I was wondering how many people here actually went and saw therapist before they found out that they were trans or I guess that whatever gender they were assigned at birth didn't really resonate with them. 

Obviously there are some benefits to going to a therapist if one eventually wants to have gender reassignment surgeries obviously there can be a paper trail and documentation by a therapist for legality reasons which should help with getting those surgeries or even HRT. 

So I was wondering what everyone's experiences were if they went to a therapist or not or someone who specializes in gender identity and what their take is on it. 

I'm currently looking for a therapist someone that does gender identity but can also do other topics since it would be nice to be able to just go to one specific person for a bag full of issues. Lol 

Anyways let me know your thoughts and opinions if you have any thank you.

I started going to a clinic specialized in treating transgender patient for transitioning some months ago. It was recommended by a counsellor which has helped me with some talkative therapy, i went there mostly to speak with a therapist rather than starting any hormonal treatment. We are going very slow as i'm having huge trouble even talking about myself and how i feel inside because of mental block.

What i'm looking for from these appointments is mostly understand what i want to do reagarding gender, if i'm trans or not and how i want to live life.

The place i go to is very specific and probably unique as i live in a big city, i don't think i could get a similar opportunity in a smaller town. They do both mental care and physical transition.
I also see a "normal" therapist regarding other personal issues and matters, however this therapist too offered help to talk about gender identity issues, i just shame too much to talk about it and don't have the courage to do it (plus there are many other things i give priority with him).

I think getting the help of a professional is the best thing you can do, of course the only person who can decide for your life is you but there are many cases where it is hard to make a choice when completely alone. Doctors can make you understand things faster and take a better and more evaluated choice.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon