Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Redness from pumping

Hi there

I am new to this site and have my first question.

I am in West Australia and have a breast pump from a company called Pumped. The domes are contoured which, as Lara points out, are extremely uncomfortable. they include rubber rings that never stay on, and when they do, let in air.
I would like to get the Noogleberry system, but it costs too much for me at this point in time (unless I can find it in Australia?).

Anyway, it leaves the rings on my chest which disappear within a day or two. But what is more annoying is when I have overdone it there is the redness, which I presume is from the blood vessels, which takes ages to vanish completely.

It may be down to me not always using a lubricant or cream when applying the pump, but I am not entirely sure. What are the best methods to use and what creams and lubricants tend to be the most ideal?

[unnecessary quoting removed]

It sounds like you're pumping at too high of a pressure.  -5"Hg is all the pressure need.

Best regards,

The pump brand I have doesn't show a pressure gauge of any kind.

I tend to over pump sometimes and for to long and get the redness and ring marks which disappear within a few hours, worse part is I will get blisters.  Just addicted to pumping it feels so good to fill the large domes I use. Best advice don't try to over do it  Smile

I would reduce the pressure a little.  The rings are normal and redness that dissipates in a few hours is also pretty common.  I have over pressurized mine so much as to blister my breasts.  Took a month to heal.  But the more you pump, the tougher your breasts get or the more they get used to pumping and you can crank up the pressure...

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon