Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Fenugreek and mental health

Dear all-

I've started taking fenugreek again - together with milk thistle, as I suspect a degree of insulin resistance and also to cleanse the liver from steatosis (yes, I do identify as a BBW!).

However, apart from the undoubtable physical benefits (I already feel lighter, less bloated and more energetic) I am also experiencing a very welcome sense of peace and relaxation. I am less on edge and just better in my skin. 

Has anybody else experienced that? It's fantastic! :-)

I'm on FG at the moment as PM (my normal choice) puts me on a bit of a downer. Thinking about it, situations that used to wind me up, well, I'm dealing with them better now, so yes, maybe the FG is helping me out mentally.

Why is this? Is PM known for mental health side effects? Although I've found it causes minor leg cramps and constipation, I can't tell if PM might be making my moods worse or it's just the usual effects of my stressful job. I don't recall any mental health changes when I was on FG.

my wife says that fenugreek is my happy pill she says im moor cheerfull when tacking it  .as far as PM is conserned i have notised on many ocasions im moor easier streesd out when tacking PM  i would not call it mood swings but it defanatly has some effects on my state of mind

Interesting observations! It is not easy to find published scientific studies regarding this matter. There are some studies regarding Estrogen (E2). However, to me it is difficult to draw conclusions based on those, especially because the studies have been conducted on genetic females. The only conclusion I have is that it is plausible to have effects also on genetic males.

(19-08-2023, 02:18 PM)insfca Wrote:  Why is this? Is PM known for mental health side effects? 

No it isn't known, however, I know what it does to me. Many people take it with no issues. As with everything in this game, we're all kidding our male bodies to do something it wasn't programmed to do, so effects, apart from boobs, can be varying for different people.

(20-08-2023, 12:28 PM)debbieTV Wrote:  my wife says that fenugreek is my happy pill she says im moor cheerfull when tacking it  

Just yesterday, my wife commented on how relaxed I've been lately ! The annoying thing is, we all know PM tends to give a better result. I'm thinking of alternating between PM and FG. Maybe a week PM, three FG.

Thanks folks-

So far I have tried PM (for 2-3 months), and it didn't really affect my mind in any noticeable way. It did make me gain quite a bit of weight though, so I switched to a mixture of isoflavones, dong quai and wild yam. Boy did it put me in a state of peace never felt before! But the weight gain continued, so I briefly switched to chasteberry. But this time the fatigue was unbearable, so now I am back to FG and having a good one. With the exception of the very distinguishable BO... but a bit of deodorant is what gives.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon