Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

White Peony in Europe

Hi all,

It seems to be very difficult to find White Peony supplements in EU. That is for sure due to srict European regulations regarding "Novel Food", as supplements are in general considered to be food stuff. Thus  lot of red tape when trying to get something new on market in EU.

However, I found on Etsy a few sellers having dried White peony root, some selling it for "cosmetics use" and even having a descent price and delivery cost. So I ordered today a pack of 60 grams of WP in powder format.

The next is how to prepare and it. A few alternatives I can think of:
- Mixing to food or drink - but how much a day?
- Packing in capsules, and again the question of how much a day is a suitable amount?
- Making tincture, by soaking it on strong alcohol (I have some 80% "vodka" which is quite a good solvent). I wonder if the active stuff is alcohol soluble, and again: How to take right amount?
- Or maybe making a topical cream - does it work?

Any good advise is welcome!

Cheers,
Teddy

Same problem here in the UK. WP is hard to come by and it's really expensive.
If you find a decently cheap brand, please keep me posted.

(02-02-2023, 09:46 AM)Shirazmn Wrote:  If you find a decently cheap brand, please keep me posted.

I found it in capsule form from the Netherlands.

https://www.supplementa.com/art/79003_MHD

No affiliation - just saving someone the searching.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon