Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Questions on some studies in regards to Vitamin D3's effect on breast growth

When I was researching the effect progesterone has on breast chemistry, I ran into this excerpt on this page here.

Calcitriol, the hormonally active form of vitamin D, acting through the vitamin D receptor (VDR), has, like the androgens, been reported to be a negative regulator of mammary gland development in mice, for instance, during puberty.[41] VDR knockout mice show more extensive ductal development relative to wild-type mice,[54] as well as precocious mammary gland development.[55] In addition, VDR knockout has also been shown to result in increased responsiveness of mouse mammary gland tissue to estrogen and progesterone, which was represented by increased cell growth in response to these hormones.[54]

A possible mechanism of the negative regulatory effects of the VDR on breast development may be indicated by a study of vitamin D3 supplementation in women which found that vitamin D3 suppresses cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression in the breast, and by doing so, reduces and increases, respectively, the levels of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and transforming growth factor β2 (TGF-β2), a known inhibitory factor in breast development.[58] Moreover, suppression of PGE2 in breast tissue is relevant because, via activation of prostaglandin EP receptors, PGE2 potently induces amphiregulin expression in breast tissue, and activation of the EGFR by amphiregulin increases COX-2 expression in breast tissue, in turn resulting in more PGE2, and thus, a self-perpetuating, synergistic cycle of growth amplification due to COX-2 appears to potentially be present in normal breast tissue.[59][60] Accordingly, overexpression of COX-2 in mammary gland tissue produces mammary gland hyperplasia as well as precocious mammary gland development in female mice, mirroring the phenotype of VDR knockout mice, and demonstrating a strong stimulatory effect of COX-2, which is downregulated by VDR activation, on the growth of the mammary glands.[59][60] Also in accordance, COX-2 activity in the breasts has been found to be positively associated with breast volume in women.[61]

I may be misunderstanding this, but a lot of people around this forum are on Vitamin D3 to promote bone and breast development, myself included, but according to this excerpt, would D3 supplementation actually act to inhibit breast development? At least at an earlier state?
The reason this science is significant is it seems COX-2 becomes a cancer stimulant if left unchecked, and moderating it is extremely important in order to prevent a cascade that can lead to cancer. But I'd like to ask if lowering doses of Vitamin D3 may result in COX-2 staying within healthy levels while also promoting more breast growth?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon