Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone cream application spot, plan, and dosage for cis-woman levels?

(02-11-2022, 05:18 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Apologies, I was unavailable yesterday. So it looks like Smokey Mountain changed their formulations, and not for better, what a shame.
That's... rough.
Reading what Avign0n4090 was writing about though, what it seems to me is that as long as the ingredients say something like Progesterone Micronized USP, it's ok, even if it says from Wild Yams, since it seems all progesterone comes from it anyways.
For example, the can I have has an ingredient further up, "Dioscorea Villosa", which is just Wild Yam, which would include the Diosgenin you warned against.
I'm still interested the Smoky Mountain Cream even if it may have changed from what it used to be, since it's missing mention of Dioscorea, and seems as if it'd avoid the Diosgenin?

Even looking at the ingredients on the other Smoky Mountain Cream that claims it uses Wild Yams, it also seems to be missing any mention of actual Wild Yam in the ingredient list. In fact, the only ingredient changes in the cream with the yellow packaging seem to be a lack of Propylene Glycol, the addition of Glycerin, the lack of Methylparaben and Propylparaben, and the addition of Sodium Hydroxymethylglcinate and Potassium Sorbate.

Whether or not that makes it better or worse, I have no clue, but both seem to be lacking Wild Yam as an active ingredient. I may order one just to try and report back with how it goes. This is very surface level research, but I'm confident from the bit I've learned from this thread so far, that this cream would be at least better than what I'm using now.

No need to apologize for not being here yesterday Lotus. If you do have an older can of the Smokey Mountain cream, I'd like to compare the ingredient lists to see what's changed, to know what to keep an eye out for in other products.

Edit: After doing some research, it seems Methylparaben and Propylparaben in the green canned Smoky Mountains Progesterone Cream mimics estrogen and could theoretically disrupt receptors. It seems that the yellow can would be better for avoiding that.

Used to be paraben free, and I have a problem with that, and no wild yam either, so yeah...it's disappointing.

(02-11-2022, 08:45 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Used to be paraben free, and I have a problem with that, and no wild yam either, so yeah...it's disappointing.

The other one I linked in the post above seems to also be Paraben free? In fact the only difference in the ingredient list is adding "Micronized" to "USP Progesterone." Apart from that it seems identical. I think we could assume that this product has the same formulation as the old one? And that the one I linked first might just be a different formulation? I might be wrong, but it doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Okay good, thank you for clearing that up. I wanted to comment about a side effect of Royal Jelly and I believe it's a histamine response stemming from the pollen in RJ. Could it mean taking an antihistamine would help alleviate the allergic symptoms?

(30-10-2022, 04:32 PM)Avign0n4090 Wrote:  I've tried Royal Jelly some recently, and while it does make and keep my nipples hard and itchy...I'm kinda thinking it's not so much growth, as a reaction (allergic?) to the jelly, as I got some on my breast skin outside of the nipple/areola area, and it got a rash-looking area, so have stopped it for a few days and will restart and try it more later.

I'm listing a couple studies with royal jelly side effects, the last one is the main allergens of RJ and is merely described as a protein (MRJPs)...I know right.  Dodgy

Studies of royal jelly and associated cross-reactive allergens in atopic dermatitis patients
In conclusion, people with a history of allergic diseases, including AD (atopic dermatitis) asthma, and allergic rhinitis, should be cautioned against consuming RJ products because of the potential for cross-reactive responses to ensure the safe and successful use of RJ supplements.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32484810/

Characterization of major allergens of royal jelly Apis mellifera
In conclusion, the major allergens of royal jelly are MRJ1 and MRJ2 in our patients' population.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19287

(02-11-2022, 05:18 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Apologies, I was unavailable yesterday. So it looks like Smokey Mountain changed their formulations, and not for better, what a shame.

So, given that, what do you recommend now?

(03-11-2022, 04:50 AM)wInzIg316 Wrote:  

So, given that, what do you recommend now?

After another closer look the smokey mountain progesterone cream is in fact derived from wild yam. Unfortunately I don't see anything (as of yet) I would recommend, I'll be actively looking without a doubt.

(04-11-2022, 03:37 AM)Lotus Wrote:  After another closer look the smokey mountain progesterone cream is in fact derived from wild yam. Unfortunately I don't see anything (as of yet) I would recommend, I'll be actively looking without a doubt.

Three questions, even though it's derived from wild yams, would it be ok to use if it doesn't list Wild Yams as an active ingredient? Or is the diosgen part of any progesterone derived from Wild Yam?
Second, I did find this progesterone cream claiming to be "Natural Progesterone", with no mention to Wild Yams or anything on the back. They claim bio-identical all over the page with no mention of Wild Yams. Would this work?
And finally, as someone who can't get progesterone pills at the moment, should I keep using these progesterone creams on my breasts? Or should I just not use them at all. They are seeming to have positive effects so far however.

My concern is the diosgenin in Wild Yam because it will compete with estradiol for estrogen receptor alpha (ER-A), even though it's nowhere the strength of estradiol. But it will compete with the PM. I wouldn't use the progesterone cream everyday as I pointed out earlier, and there's such a thing as dermal fatigue when using too much transdermal cream…meaning you build up a tolerance from continual use. If you're seeing a bump in growth see where it goes…diosgenin by itself does in fact stimulate breast growth. I have a science paper posted in the X-thread, use the search function and copy and paste this: diosgenin 

So, use this product (3x per week) and monitor the results closely, if nothing happens it could be because of the diosgenin. 

(04-11-2022, 04:53 AM)Lotus Wrote:  My concern is the diosgenin in Wild Yam because it will compete with estradiol for estrogen receptor alpha (ER-A), even though it's nowhere the strength of estradiol. But it will compete with the PM. I wouldn't use the progesterone cream everyday as I pointed out earlier, and there's such a thing as dermal fatigue when using too much transdermal cream…meaning you build up a tolerance from continual use. If you're seeing a bump in growth see where it goes…diosgenin by itself does in fact stimulate breast growth. I have a science paper posted in the X-thread, use the search function and copy and paste this: diosgenin 

So, use this product (3x per week) and monitor the results closely, if nothing happens it could be because of the diosgenin. 

I'm... Personally not on PM actually! I'm on injections of EEN at the moment for my estrogen. Would that change that receptor interaction at all?

I'll keep this in mind though. When you say 3x a day though, is that applied to both breasts every 3 days? I imagine it would be, otherwise the progesterone mood swings may be messier.
If it's both breasts every 3 days, I'll do stagger it so I'll do each breast one day after the last, then hopefully I'll keep more even progesterone blood levels.

I've been on progesterone for the last week. Maybe a bit too much of it, hearing this, but I have seen what I imagine are positive effects so far.

Here's hoping we can find a more suitable progesterone cream sometime.

(04-11-2022, 04:12 AM)Siman234 Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 03:37 AM)Lotus Wrote:  After another closer look the smokey mountain progesterone cream is in fact derived from wild yam. Unfortunately I don't see anything (as of yet) I would recommend, I'll be actively looking without a doubt.

Three questions, even though it's derived from wild yams, would it be ok to use if it doesn't list Wild Yams as an active ingredient? Or is the diosgen part of any progesterone derived from Wild Yam?
Second, I did find this progesterone cream claiming to be "Natural Progesterone", with no mention to Wild Yams or anything on the back. They claim bio-identical all over the page with no mention of Wild Yams. Would this work?
And finally, as someone who can't get progesterone pills at the moment, should I keep using these progesterone creams on my breasts? Or should I just not use them at all. They are seeming to have positive effects so far however.
Like I mentioned...I think most USP Progesterone is processed from wild yam, but is a pure, bio-identical version, not a kinda-sorta progesterone that is mainly raw or less-processed wild yam (which, while it may contain much of the properties of the fully-processed UPS version, also contains some other or less-pure components).

DIY, you can get USP Progesterone in 100 or 200 mg strength from Otokonoko or IHP--so...why use a lesser version?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon