Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Progesterone cream application spot, plan, and dosage for cis-woman levels?

(04-11-2022, 03:40 PM)Avign0n4090 Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 04:12 AM)Siman234 Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 03:37 AM)Lotus Wrote:  After another closer look the smokey mountain progesterone cream is in fact derived from wild yam. Unfortunately I don't see anything (as of yet) I would recommend, I'll be actively looking without a doubt.

Three questions, even though it's derived from wild yams, would it be ok to use if it doesn't list Wild Yams as an active ingredient? Or is the diosgen part of any progesterone derived from Wild Yam?
Second, I did find this progesterone cream claiming to be "Natural Progesterone", with no mention to Wild Yams or anything on the back. They claim bio-identical all over the page with no mention of Wild Yams. Would this work?
And finally, as someone who can't get progesterone pills at the moment, should I keep using these progesterone creams on my breasts? Or should I just not use them at all. They are seeming to have positive effects so far however.
Like I mentioned...I think most USP Progesterone is processed from wild yam, but is a pure, bio-identical version, not a kinda-sorta progesterone that is mainly raw or less-processed wild yam (which, while it may contain much of the properties of the fully-processed UPS version, also contains some other or less-pure components).

DIY, you can get USP Progesterone in 100 or 200 mg strength from Otokonoko or IHP--so...why use a lesser version?

Swason

(04-11-2022, 03:40 PM)Avign0n4090 Wrote:  Like I mentioned...I think most USP Progesterone is processed from wild yam, but is a pure, bio-identical version, not a kinda-sorta progesterone that is mainly raw or less-processed wild yam (which, while it may contain much of the properties of the fully-processed UPS version, also contains some other or less-pure components).

DIY, you can get USP Progesterone in 100 or 200 mg strength from Otokonoko or IHP--so...why use a lesser version?

This is really helpful info! Clears up a lot of stuff and if true, means a lot of creams will be ok to have.

Why use a cream with a lower dose? In my case, because it's far easier to obtain, flexible, and enough for now. 
Shipping from otokonoko, while it works for me, is also worrying because of crossing customs. Being able to buy PG cream online is far far easier.
It's flexible because if I need to up my dose, I can do so by just applying more. 
It's also not that expensive. If 4 FL. Oz lasts 4, or even 3 months, then that's a pretty good deal for 20$.
It's also enough for me, because I'm learning how progesterone effects my body. The last thing I'd want to do is to put way too much in at once and crash my mood and body. I'd also have reservations about such a high dose to breast tissue. I'm unsure how it affects the lymphatic system and breast cancer risk, but I'm playing on the side of caution and trying to create a natal-female level of progesterone in my breast tissue alone.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon