Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Taking BO rectally

I remember reading a thread quite some time ago (I think in the PM section) that suggested that taking supplements rectally would bypass the filtration in the liver, thus increasing the effective potency (since you wouldn’t be losing the 70% filtered out by the liver), and also reducing the risk of liver damage.

I am at the start of my second week taking Swanson Ovarian Glandular. I take one 250 mg capsule early morning, at noontime, and at bedtime by slathering the capsule in KY jelly, then inserting it rectally.  I figure if the potency magnifying effect is correct, then this is about equivalent to the 1500-2000 mg daily dose recommended for male NBE.

Can anyone give me any hint if I’m on the right track?
Thanks

I have no idea, you'll have to keep us updated on how it works.

(27-10-2022, 05:54 PM)tomi66 Wrote:  I have no idea, you'll have to keep us updated on how it works.
Thanks for your reply, Tomi.  I was wondering if anybody was reading this thread!

Actually, I have no idea how it's working.  I've been doing it as I said, 3 capsules a day, for 3 weeks now. Basically, very little effect - occasional twinges, some very slight growth (visible on the tape measure but not by looking at me).  BUT, I think 3 weeks is not enough time to make a judgment, and I am having an awful hard time getting my body temperature up where it needs to be.  It's mostly in the mid to high 97 (F) range, with occasional readings in the target range (98.2-98.6).  Those mostly occur in the middle of the night or early morning.  I've been adding coconut oil, Cayenne pepper and Ginger Root capsules, and L-Tyrosine, and they just don't seem to have any effect.

I plan to try to continue it for another month  or so and see if I'm getting anywhere.

My daily vitamins on top of multi, iron and calcium which I have been taking for years are as follows: 
Selenium 
B12
K2/D3
L-Tyrosine 
Iodine 

Body temp fluctuates throughout the day, starting at about 97.9 in the morning and peaking out at about 98.6 in the evening. I take my BO regimen 2 times a day, at 4pm and 8pm. That is what was recommended to me.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon