Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Hello

My recent profile photo.

I told Lotus that this was her fault lol

I’m loving my curves!

Big Grin

(02-12-2022, 02:48 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 11:46 PM)BigBoobieBen Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 09:11 PM)Jennifer Wrote:  DIM ???

Diindolyl-methane the active ingredient in cruciferous vegetables. Helps with hormone balance and allot of other things. It's a supplement 

Re: Diindolylmethane the active ingredient in cruciferous vegetables

Stevenator can get the benefits of eating broccoli, without having to eat broccoli!  Big Grin

I had my own home grown broccoli & kale for dinner tonight, after a three mile walk!

Big Grin

Damn good lookin

(11-12-2022, 03:36 AM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  
(02-12-2022, 02:48 AM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 11:46 PM)BigBoobieBen Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 09:11 PM)Jennifer Wrote:  DIM ???

Diindolyl-methane the active ingredient in cruciferous vegetables. Helps with hormone balance and allot of other things. It's a supplement 

Re: Diindolylmethane the active ingredient in cruciferous vegetables

Stevenator can get the benefits of eating broccoli, without having to eat broccoli!  Big Grin

I had my own home grown broccoli & kale for dinner tonight, after a three mile walk!

Big Grin

Re: home grown broccoli

That's great. Closest I've gotten (with more nothern growing conditions) is home grown broccoli sprouts. Smile
Are you growing mushrooms as well? Love how earthy they are, even just the simple button ones.

I’d love to grow sprouts, but I haven’t looked into as of yet. I am not growing mushrooms, either. Sprouts nutritional value is supposed to be off the charts.

Right now I’ve got broccoli, cabbage, carrots, collards, kale, onions & radishes growing.

(13-12-2022, 04:10 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  I’d love to grow sprouts, but I haven’t looked into as of yet. I am not growing mushrooms, either. Sprouts nutritional value is supposed to be off the charts.

Right now I’ve got broccoli, cabbage, carrots, collards, kale, onions & radishes growing.

Re: Sprouts nutritional value is supposed to be off the charts

The sulforaphane content of broccoli sprouts is said to be up to 100x that of mature broccoli.

They're easy enough to grow indoors and Whole Foods sometimes has them. I rinse the latter and put a little EVO and white balsamic vinegar on them as a little salad.

Funny, when I was little, I hated onions. But as an adult (supposedly), I've more than made up for lost time with the whole onion family! Tonight's creation will have plenty of fresh scallions (stir fry with flank steak, scallions, red pepper, and mushrooms).

VoD, that sounds amazing, and delicious, too!! My mouth literally watered lol.

I ate salads for about six months straight and I’m taking a break from them right now. But when things start warming up, I’ll look into growing our own sprouts. I’m assuming it’s easy enough to find how-to directions online?

Here’s what I steamed tonight. I cleaned a baked chicken from last night and made broth from all the bones. I drizzled EVOO and fresh lemon juice over the broccoli & chicken, with Tuscan seasoning & Parmesan cheese. I topped it off with red reishi & spearmint tea. It was absolutely delicious.

In the top right of the photo in the butcher wrap is tomorrow night’s steak.

My cousin gave away 20 shotguns tonight. I think that is pretty wild. All you had to do was show up at his business and get a raffle ticket for free. He was drumming up interest in his business for Christmas.

I thought about going up there, but I’ve already got plenty of guns. Plus, if I won, I didn’t want there to be any question about favoritism or nepotism.

The giveaway was in conjunction with the local sporting goods store. Our family has know their family for almost 100 years. We’ve been getting guns from them for generations.

Fresh broccoli in the winter...grown in your backyard.  HeartSmile

(14-12-2022, 04:46 AM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  VoD, that sounds amazing, and delicious, too!! My mouth literally watered lol.

I ate salads for about six months straight and I’m taking a break from them right now. But when things start warming up, I’ll look into growing our own sprouts. I’m assuming it’s easy enough to find how-to directions online?

Here’s what I steamed tonight. I cleaned a baked chicken from last night and made broth from all the bones. I drizzled EVOO and fresh lemon juice over the broccoli & chicken, with Tuscan seasoning & Parmesan cheese. I topped it off with red reishi & spearmint tea. It was absolutely delicious.

In the top right of the photo in the butcher wrap is tomorrow night’s steak.

Looks great. Ooh, steak tomorrow? May pop by  Wink

Steaming is awesome.

The usual directions provided for sprouting are pretty straighforward, I think the trick is adjusting for one's climate (humidity and such). When I first experiemented with sprouts, I ended up with way too much at once! Good problem to have.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon