Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How can I increase DHT for fat loss before NBE?

Maybe at odds with this forum, but I wonder how can one increase DHT?

I read that DHT can help with burning body fat and weight loss.
Mine was in range but on the low side, this might be why im fat. My Testosterone is also low, which is why I'm on medication to increase it.

I figure it could be better to lose weight first before trying NBE?

I would look into MyFitnessPal and do a calorie deficit or basically well eat less move more approach always works  Big Grin

But about your question, DHT isn't something you want to play with, it can seriously attack your hairline it is the leading cause of male pattern baldness so if you continue down this path be very careful as DHT reacts to people differently.

(01-09-2022, 03:14 PM)Mel87 Wrote:  I would look into MyFitnessPal and do a calorie deficit or basically well eat less move more approach always works  Big Grin

But about your question, DHT isn't something you want to play with, it can seriously attack your hairline it is the leading cause of male pattern baldness so if you continue down this path be very careful as DHT reacts to people differently.

I've taken a LOT of Pygeum which would reduce DHT, so I think getting it up back to more "average" levels might be beneficial?
Dieting and gym workouts haven't made a dent on weight loss, there's likely a hormone imbalance that's causing an issue.
I know I have low T, I could get more blood tests to check. Thyroid seemed fine last time I got a test, and am now on TRT as well.

Intermittent fasting works too reddit has a whole subreddit dedicated to that as well, you eat between fixed hours there are many forms of this program and is highly successful as I've done it to lose quite a bit. Hormone misbalance shouldn't be that much of an issue with weight loss but Thyroid of course would. Another tool I used was a 1200 calorie diet. I wouldn't do anything drastic like DHT get some bloods and as the doctor if this would cause an issue with weight loss, after that revaluate what your eating too little and you lose nothing as the body goes into starvation mode to protect its reserves. I wish you luck on this weight loss is quite difficult but once you have a system that works you'll be fine.

DHT has no benefit whatsoever for fat loss, in my experience.  If anything, it will guarantee fat accumulation around your belly.  NOT what you want.  Increasing DHT will do everything you likely don't want (increased body hair, belly fat, scalp hair loss, etc.)

I have suppressed DHT for 10+ years, and actively do everything I can to enhance testosterone.  In the last 6 years I have taken myself from 14% body fat to 7%, all with lowered DHT.

(01-09-2022, 05:26 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  DHT has no benefit whatsoever for fat loss, in my experience.  If anything, it will guarantee fat accumulation around your belly.  NOT what you want.  Increasing DHT will do everything you likely don't want (increased body hair, belly fat, scalp hair loss, etc.)

I have suppressed DHT for 10+ years, and actively do everything I can to enhance testosterone.  In the last 6 years I have taken myself from 14% body fat to 7%, all with lowered DHT.

Hmm interesting. What do you do to achieve that sort of fatloss?

(01-09-2022, 03:37 PM)prostatenipple Wrote:  
(01-09-2022, 03:14 PM)Mel87 Wrote:  I would look into MyFitnessPal and do a calorie deficit or basically well eat less move more approach always works  Big Grin

I've taken a LOT of Pygeum which would reduce DHT, so I think getting it up back to more "average" levels might be beneficial?
Dieting and gym workouts haven't made a dent on weight loss, there's likely a hormone imbalance that's causing an issue.
I know I have low T, I could get more blood tests to check. Thyroid seemed fine last time I got a test, and am now on TRT as well.

there are a couple of other things you can do to try to lose weight without messing with your DHT. 

try eating hot peppers, hot as you can stand. the capsaicin in the hot peppers temporarily boosts metabolism. (you gotta break a sweat). this i know from experience. i lost 30 lbs in 3 months on a bet. just by adding hot peppers to everything i ate.

I have heard Apple cider vinigar is good for weight loss , but you need to dilute it in water, DO NOt drink it straight up. (2 tsp to 8 or 16 oz glass) . i am currently using to reset stomach acids and lose some additional lbs.

Also i had a boss who swore by eating a half a grapefruit before he went to bed. (not sure if that works).  He claimed that it help him lose weight. 

hope some of this helps...

(28-01-2023, 03:35 AM)prostatenipple Wrote:  
(01-09-2022, 05:26 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  DHT has no benefit whatsoever for fat loss, in my experience.  If anything, it will guarantee fat accumulation around your belly.  NOT what you want.  Increasing DHT will do everything you likely don't want (increased body hair, belly fat, scalp hair loss, etc.)

(01-02-2023, 05:19 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  
(28-01-2023, 03:35 AM)prostatenipple Wrote:  

Ketogenic diet.  I.e. high protein and fats, low carbs.  Lots of fresh greens and low carb veggies.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon