Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What's the deal with Shatavari?

What does Shatavari do for breasts?

I've seen some posts here saying it's caused breast swelling, some saying it's an adaptogen.
What does it do?

I'm taking two capsules of Shatavari extract 40% saponins (560mg at 10:1 which is 5600mg of herb).
I dont think it's done anything so far, only used it for a couple of days, with a couple days also last week.

From what I have read, it can raise prolactin levels and stimulate milk production. 

I have only read that, I have not tried Shatavari.

That suggests it's bad for erections and male orgasm due to increase in prolactin. Is that correct?

I remember talking with someone who was swearing by it up and down.... I haven't tried it and haven't looked into it. Prolactin raising quality is indeed interesting, although for that purpose I would probably pick something else.

It's just asparagus!
Call it by a foreign name, and legend arises around it.

(01-09-2022, 05:36 PM)PleasantlyFascinated Wrote:  It's just asparagus!
Call it by a foreign name, and legend arises around it.

According to examine.com shatavari isn't exactly same than asparagus from the nearest grocery store.
A quotation from there: "Asparagus racemosus is an herb used in Ayurveda medicine. It is not the vegetable usually called asparagus." The rest of that article names some potential (and somewhat researched) effects of it. Might be an useful herb for somebody, but don't expect too much.

I used to enjoy taking it for the simple fact it made me feel better. 

I believe it had promise to raise prolactin and I was looking for a way to boost that. From what I remember, it has the promise to balance hormones, which is probably why I felt so good while taking it. Nothing more outstanding other than a balanced sense of well-being. 

Other than that, I don’t remember getting any real benefits from it in regards to breast enlargement.

(09-10-2022, 06:37 PM)Stevenator_ Wrote:  I used to enjoy taking it for the simple fact it made me feel better. 

I believe it had promise to raise prolactin and I was looking for a way to boost that. From what I remember, it has the promise to balance hormones, which is probably why I felt so good while taking it. Nothing more outstanding other than a balanced sense of well-being. 

Other than that, I don’t remember getting any real benefits from it in regards to breast enlargement.

From the same examine.com: "Asparagus Racemosus has shown some anti-depressant effects...". In other words, according to some studies it makes people to feel better. Also: "Appears to have nootropic properties at relatively low doses, via acetylcholinesterase inhibition" , that means for instance better memory. It is also found in some studies to reduce stress. In other words, shatavari appears to increase well-being. It has also been studied regarding lactation, but found to be not very effective. Thus not very useful for breast-related things.

Thus probably why I dropped it. 
Thanks!

I have been taking Shatavari on and off for around a year now.

Much like Stevenator i mainly take it for it's effect on well being, anti anxiety and it's other benefits. Maybe these effects are related to the increase in ProLactin?

I have to say, my breasts have increased in volume. Besides the Shatavari the only other thing that may have had some effect on the growth is small amounts of royal jelly on the nipple (with the supple nips), but i really did not use that much, and there is not really anything else i have been taking to account for the growth.

my dosages varied a lot, at the peak i was doing 4 to 6 capsules a day of 250mg at 40% saponins.  the Paradise Herbs box says to take 1 a day, but Savesta which has double the amount of Shatavari per Capsule, says to take 2 per day. 

At those dosages, a body odor appeared, making my towels smell somewhat like asaparagus, then i reduced back to 1 or 2 per day.

Now i am taking it not every day anymore, sometimes 2 capsules a day for anxiety.  

With most these hormone altering supplements, change is not overnight, it changes your body chemistry gradually and then it takes time to change back to.
I believe i still have elevated Pro lactin, because of symptoms like having a more sensitive penis, also erections come a little more difficult then they used to.

I ordered some ProLactin reducing supplements and will see if i can up/down regulate this more efficiently.

All in all, it is a great herb

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon