Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Honking

Nothing about boobs again I'm just using the fact that there are people from many countries here who may be able to answer something I have been wondering about.

Was watching telly last night and there was a scene in the US where on the motorway there was a traffic jam, total gridlock and loads of people were honking their horns. Have seen this often in films and series. Do people in the US actually do that or is it just a Hollywood thing?

In Europe have been in many traffic jams and its always very quiet and a bit boring. In the UK if its total gridlock there is usually always at least one person with a football in the car. Have been in a few football games on the M25, sorry 'Soccer' in the US. Actually was on the M25 many many years ago, probably 25 or so during a heat wave where the police were driving about giving out bottled water as it was total standstill and HOT, over 20 football games were reported on the M25 that day.

We lost, I'm rubbish at football.

Do they really sit in their cars and honk their horns and if they do, WHY???

I'm leaning towards this is something that only happens in films.

(15-07-2022, 07:53 AM)Bunnie Wrote:  

Nothing about boobs again I'm just using the fact that there are people from many countries here who may be able to answer something I have been wondering about.

Was watching telly last night and there was a scene in the US where on the motorway there was a traffic jam, total gridlock and loads of people were honking their horns. Have seen this often in films and series. Do people in the US actually do that or is it just a Hollywood thing?

In Europe have been in many traffic jams and its always very quiet and a bit boring. In the UK if its total gridlock there is usually always at least one person with a football in the car. Have been in a few football games on the M25, sorry 'Soccer' in the US. Actually was on the M25 many many years ago, probably 25 or so during a heat wave where the police were driving about giving out bottled water as it was total standstill and HOT, over 20 football games were reported on the M25 that day.

We lost, I'm rubbish at football.

Do they really sit in their cars and honk their horns and if they do, WHY???

I'm leaning towards this is something that only happens in films.

It depends... Freeway driving it is rare that people honk their horns in traffic jams.  City driving such as downtown NY or Chicago, yes there are many idiots honking their horns.  It can be totally quiet, and just one person laying on the horn starts everyone honking their horns.

Thanks for clearing that up shouldn't somebody just tell them lots of noise won't make the traffic move faster.

Off on a tangent again but been watching football, I only watch international games but as the women's euro 2022 in on now I'm watching. The England girls are really, really good where the men are often dissapointing but men generally are, that's a different subject though. Really sad Iceland is out, the Icelandic are awesome. In 2016 they beat England which was a shock as they have only a population of about 30 people, 2 dogs, a cat and a fish called Nigel. But it was nice to be beaten by people we actually like.

The fans are the most impressive the world has to offer, their viking clapping chant isn't just impressive to watch but sounds great too. Other countries tried to copy it but was always uncoordinated and a bit embarrassing. Nobody can do it like the Icelandic, sad they aren't through. I like them so much.

Tongue 

Actually we reach under our seats and retrieve the weapon of choice and start blasting the jerk that caused the jam.
Push him off the road and continue our day.
Bobbi Big Grin

(10-09-2022, 07:52 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Actually we reach under our seats and retrieve the weapon of choice and start blasting the jerk that caused the jam.
Bobbi Big Grin
I don't know what sate you're in, but I want to move there. ;-)

(16-09-2022, 02:42 PM)Dianna1395 Wrote:  
(10-09-2022, 07:52 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Actually we reach under our seats and retrieve the weapon of choice and start blasting the jerk that caused the jam.
Bobbi Big Grin
I don't know what sate you're in, but I want to move there. ;-)

Good Olde Virginia. Its getting tough to get away with that trick around the beltway anymore.
Bobbi

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon