Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Efficacy of Pills vs. Tinctures? Would powders be cheaper if they're the same?

Hello, this started out as a thought regarding ginseng and cayenne, but ultimately can be applied to any tinctures.

From experience, is there any difference between taking a dose of a herb mixed into a tincture, and the same herb as a powder in a pill? Presuming quality of the herb is the same between both?

I'm asking since I've noticed growth improvements with Lotus's ginseng/cayenne mix, but was having a hard time swallowing the price of the tinctures. While ginseng tinctures and pills were about the same cost, I was able to find cayenne pills for a good bit cheaper than the tinctures. Again, presuming the quality of the herbs were the same, would there be any reason the pills might have a greater/less effect than the tincture?

The tinctures still have the advantage of being able to mix into a drink instead of needing to take 4 pills a day, but I am curious if they'd effectively be the same, since presumably it's the same herb going into the body at the end of the day.

Asking because while I'm planning on buying MSM in a bulk powder to save on pills, I'm also aware you can buy cayenne and ginseng powder, and while the latter doesn't seem to common and is of low quality, cayenne, even in tincture forms, is to my knowledge simple extract from the cayenne pepper. And you can find a kilo of the stuff for far less than a tiny bit of it in tincture form. If the powder acts the same when diluted, hopefully it'd be a far cheaper way to get the same effect as from the more expensive tincture.

Hi Siman, I use this liquid extract from amazon and find it works best for me, though if you have allergies from peppers I'd avoid cayenne, or opt for an antihistamine if mildly allergic. Cost comparison to capsules or other forms (in my view) is that the extract lasts longer. I use it twice per day, once during the day and at bed time. I'm happy people have found the cayenne/ginseng tincture helpful. When I discovered how it not only aids in weight loss but in addition of how it utilizes a specific pathway how it feminizes fat and aids in breast growth. For dosage just follow the recommended daily requirements. Good luck, Lotus. 

(30-04-2022, 06:59 AM)Lotus Wrote:   Ginseng initiates the cAMP/PKA/CREB pathway which is a major breast growing pathway.The ginsenosides in ginseng inhibits glucocorticoids, which is beneficial for breast growth, though in the beginning of breast growth glucocorticoids are needed.

So you make a liquid tincture with these, meaning with 6-8oz of water, squeeze in 1/2 of a lemon, (lemon are acidic outside the body but alkalizing in the body...plus it inhibits T) and cayenne liquid extract, aids in reducing stomach fat too. The cayenne has quite a few health benefits, like it's an appetite suppressant and initiates thermogenesis in fat cells, which is beneficial for breast growth, you'll find information on thermogenesis in the X-thread, type in thermogenesis or cayenne in the search option on the bottom on each page. I found one that's alcohol free and organic. Please discuss using Cayenne/Capsicum with your health care professional, it may not be right for everyone. The instructions on the extracts say to dilute the extract...this is very important. 

I've been cataloging research for years lol, recently I came across information on how TEB (Terminal End Buds) are created, other than what's been discussed in this thread this process is derived from TGF-alpha/EGF as being essential for the growth of breast buds (aka-terminal end buds). TGF stands for Transforming Growth Factor, and EGF for epidermal growth factor. Honestly it's exciting science, more on that later though.

In a new update reducing stomach acid (via lemons and similar to how cimetidine reacts in the stomach) should  reduce systemic inflammation and somatostatin, which somatostatin inhibits oral estradiol estradiol. I don't know if there's a link (inhibition) of PM (pueraria mirifica) yet similar to above, I'll have to check the CYP19 enzymatic system to be sure, the science is definitely scare.

I've actually used the tinctures for a couple of months here and there, and I've absolutely seen progress on them as well. Funny enough, I actually have the same cayenne tincture sitting next to me and don't have any allergies. I'm interested in the powder as a means of saving a bit of money since the tinctures are just so expensive. The ginseng tinctures aren't much cheaper than pills and powder, but cayenne powder, just being crushed pepper, can be found in kilogram bags for 34$ and hopefully won't waiver much in quality. The tincture you listed, for a full eyedropper, has about 2 grams of cayenne pepper. Mixing 2 grams of powder out of that kilogram bag would give theoretically the same dose? For much less spent a month. If all that matters in the cayenne is getting the crushed pepper powder itself into your system, would this be a cheaper way of doing it?

Now that tincture you listed does have a higher Heat Unit rating at 90,000 instead of 40,000, the powders seem to be on the lower end, so I'm not sure if that'd effect it or not.

Actually, good question as well, how long do the tinctures last for you? For me they last a bit under 2 months for the 4 fl.oz bottles, I usually fill the eyedropper 85% of the way and mix it into a bottle of water I drink over the day, could I use less?

Also, thanks for all you do for the community, although I don't talk much, I've saved and learned a lot from you that's helped over the years, it's much appreciated.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon