Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

shaving chest

Hello all. I am wondering what you use to shave your chest and lotion? I use a 3 blade razor and still seems like have stubble afterwards. I  shave going up and then side to side. I just bought a epilator and used it and did not get the hair. I just shaved 2 days ago so maybe that is a reason. When i use a lotion i use cortisone creme. thanks

(11-05-2022, 01:12 AM)carguy Wrote:  

Hello all. I am wondering what you use to shave your chest and lotion? I use a 3 blade razor and still seems like have stubble afterwards. I  shave going up and then side to side. I just bought a epilator and used it and did not get the hair. I just shaved 2 days ago so maybe that is a reason. When i use a lotion i use cortisone creme. thanks

I use an electronic Norelco body groomer once a week. My hair's on my chest are real fine, so stubble isn't an issue.

(11-05-2022, 12:27 PM)Breast_wishes Wrote:  
(11-05-2022, 01:12 AM)carguy Wrote:  

I use an electronic Norelco body groomer once a week. My hair's on my chest are real fine, so stubble isn't an issue.
Shaving tends to toughen the hair, I used to shave my legs and I got stubble, now I use an epilator and the stubble has gone and what little hair grows back grows very slowly and is very fine.
I suggest you use let your hair grow to 2~5mm then use the epilator, alternatively you can buy a laser hair remover or go professional and have them lasered, but that's expensive.

I use to have a philips laser hair remover. I have just switch to braun. Much faster and does not over heat like the philips. I waxed my chest once never again painful and I had loads of spots afterwards. I would say epilator or laser. Much better results for smoother chests.

Hi,
I've been using an epilator now for 20 years plus , no hairs remain on my chest or my body and those that do re-grow are weak and feeble and are easily removed.
I went through the shaving phase, the red rashes &  razor stubble, then moved on to chemical hair removal but suffered skin burns and blisters from the chemicals. I settled on the epilator and went through the hair removal pain barrier. It took quite a while for the pain of epilation to subside but i found that using talc on skin before epilating really helped and i didnt suffer with red spots or stubble. Nowadays there pain is minimal because any re-growth is so week and feeble. I guess if I was starting out now i would explore laser hair removal .
xxx chloe

I've been using an epilator for about 15 - 20 years now.  Hair growth is a minimum and what comes in is very soft and light.  No stubble.  I also tweeze in between.

I epilate all over, even the lower regions.

Found switching to the heavy handled Pro Glide 5 works much better than anything with fewer blades or lighter handles. No lotion or anything of the sort right afterwards for best results and avoiding unwanted reactions (for me anyway).

Was about to grab the Braun's top of the line IPL but Amazon has been testing pricing on that recently and increased the price by up to $100 more. If it goes back to the old price, may grab it.

If anyone's interested, Amazon UK currently have a number of Braun IPL's on offer (up-to 55% off).

(31-07-2022, 04:46 PM)VergeOfDiscovery Wrote:  Found switching to the heavy handled Pro Glide 5 works much better than anything with fewer blades or lighter handles. No lotion or anything of the sort right afterwards for best results and avoiding unwanted reactions (for me anyway).

Was about to grab the Braun's top of the line IPL but Amazon has been testing pricing on that recently and increased the price by up to $100 more. If it goes back to the old price, may grab it.

The price on Braun Silk Expert Pro 5 dropped so grabbed one. The drag and continuous zapping option is a game changer and so much more convenient (and faster) to use (vs position and zap, reposition and zap, ...).

After shaving and letting the stubble return I've been using an IPL laser for a bit less than a year. In between IPL treatments I use an electric shaver, and I also pluck my nipple area which keeps the auroras really smooth. 

The IPL has made the hair thinner in overall density, and the hair that remains is lighter / finer and the electric razor does a good job of keeping me visually clear but there's always stubble. I hope that the chest hair goes away completely after a time like it has on my legs. 

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon