Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Delta Δ8 THC Protects against Amyloid Beta Toxicity

Star 

Delta Δ8 THC Protects against Amyloid Beta Toxicity

"the results demonstrated that Δ8-THC might represent a new neuroprotective agent in AD"

https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/24/7/6598
International Journal of Molecular Sciences

[unnecessary quoting removed]

Very interesting research article, even if bit outside the main focus of this forum! Please also note, that this research was done "in vitro" - and results are very preliminary, especially when not yet done on living "animal models" - as it is called.

Unfortunately, Alzheimers is still quite difficult to treat efficiently, and too common in older people. However, I wouldn't make a conclusion that regular use of "weed" would be "the silver bullet", especially based on quite preliminary observations. More research is required, and I hope it will be done. The problem in this kind of medications is similar to the problem of having generally approved research on BM and other NBE herbs and stuff: Natural chemicals can't be patented.
-Teddy

Re: "wouldn't make a conclusion that regular use of "weed" would be "the silver bullet""

I'm pretty sure most people, even casually familiar with the use of weed, wouldn't be inclinded to make that assumption.  Wink

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon