Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Muscle Cramps Cause

For me and maybe others, estrogen (as a group of hormones) and estrogen-like compounds (phytoestrogens) cause me to have leg (primarily calf) cramps.  I know about taking calcium and other supplements to help with cramps, but these supplements do not seem to work for me.  Does anyone know why the estrogen/phytoestrogen compounds cause leg (or muscle) cramps?  Does it have to do with testosterone levels already in my system? Or maybe it is the action of estrogen/phytoestrogen compounds trying to reduce male muscle mass?

(22-02-2022, 12:06 AM)thegirl1951 Wrote:  I had this issue for a while while on MTF HRT.  I began taking magnesium, drinking Smart Water (one bottle a day, https://www.drinksmartwater.com) and eating banana chips and making sure I got at least 120 oz of water daily (including the bottle of Smart Water).  

After about a week, no more cramps.

Its time for you to STOP what your doing.
This, for me, was the first sign of blood clots. (DVT)

Drink lots of water, take a break, and begin to check your BP on a regular basis.

This is the reason I quit. My continued life was worth more than titties.
Bobbi

(22-02-2022, 12:44 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Its time for you to STOP what your doing.
This, for me, was the first sign of blood clots. (DVT)

Drink lots of water, take a break, and begin to check your BP on a regular basis.

This is the reason I quit. My continued life was worth more than titties.
Bobbi

Thanks for the good advice.  But, I am already on 2 different blood thinners.  I have consulted with several doctors and pharmacists and no one seems to be able to give me advice to stop the cramping.  My question was does the "drugs" that are in the "hormone" and "pseudo-hormone" classes like PM and BO have a specific mechanism to cause muscle cramps.  The cramps only happen during the small time window when I start to go to sleep; Not during the day.  I am using a heating pad every night.

I tried the hydration and OTC drugs for cramps.

PM will suck the calcium out of you, and I have experienced joint aches from using PM w/o a calcium supplement.
try wearing stocking to bed. kinda like compression socks but more fun
Bobbi

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon